“quite breath taking” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fleur de Lac European Inn B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lake Arrowhead
Fleur de Lac European Inn B&B
You added Fleur de Lac European Inn B&B to your Saves list
285 Highway 173, PO Box 2688, Lake Arrowhead, CA 92352   |
Riverside, California
“quite breath taking”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Me and my girlfriend stayed there...was big improvement. room smell clean tv little out dated but man bed were nice and big. gotta hand it to the new management they went all out. good job keep it up.

Room Tip: best bang for the buck
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Upland, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

And I really mean the worst! The advertisement for this "European B&B" was completely false. Nothing European about it, except for the cigarette smell lingering everwhere. We stayed here one night after attending a wedding nearby and I really wanted a nice little romantic get-a-way place for my wife and I. Upon our arrival, we were met by a nice hippy-looking guy smelling of the finest Winston tobaco, who didn't even know which room we had booked. He then showed us around the grounds (out dated and ash trays everywhere) and the "great room", which looked like the 70's revisited. Our room (named the "Alpine") was very small, smelled of smoke and mildew and looked like something you would see in a Lord of the Rings movie. Small bed with shabby and stained linens that was wedged into the corner of the room against a sloped ceiling (watch your head for possible concussion). Shower and toilet made for Hobbits and a ceiling fan that was noisy and ready to come crashing down at any minute. We decided to make the best of it because the price was fair for the location, which was the best feature of all. Now comes the bad part.....Spiders and bugs for everyone!! Now, I completely understand that we were in the mountains during the summer and bugs and mosquitos are common place. But certainly not in the bed while your trying to sleep. That's right. We had spiders in the bed. Caught and killed 4 throughout the night (sorry PITA). Also got introduced to some small type of beetle that came through the door. Luckily, we had a small flashlight to use during our broken sleep. Couldn't wait to leave, so we bailed at 7AM without saying a word to the hippy dude. I would've complained, but thought it was a mute point since the room was paid for 2 months before our stay. I definately should've checked the reviews before booking. The village, however, was very nice. I recommend the boat tour of the lake.

We will certainly never go back to the F.... du Lac!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here! Try camping or sleeping in your car. You'd be better off.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Tucson, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I paid $139 for this really gross room. It was dingy and smelly, I woke up to ants in my bed and yes I did get bit, ants on the floor and in the bathroom. There was no space in this room, the remote to the very small, old tv was broken, the wallpaper was peeling..the list goes on and on.... This whole property was completely run down and creepy. Don't waist your money here!!!!!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I stayed in a tiny room with a bed that wasn't long enough. It smelled of smoke and mildew. I notified Roscoe and he upgraded me to another creepy room. Nothing worked clock, tv, and a mean lady downstairs accused me of taking her grapefruit!! I felt like my girlfriend and my privacy was invaded also....I would not recommend to an enemy!!

• Stayed May 2013
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

The B&B's ive stayed in previously have always had owners who made you feel like you were "at home". Not at This one. There was no welcome, communication or hospitality. The room was ok but the tv was a tiny old 12" up high in a corner. ALL THE LINENS AND TOWELS SMELLED OF SMOKE!!!!!!IT WAS ABSOLUTELY GROSS. We asked for new towels and they were just as bad. My observation is the owner / managers are severe chain smokers and this creates a smelly enviorment. I will NEVER RETURN OR RECOMMEND THIS PLACE.

• Stayed February 2013
Corona, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

The best way to understand and reconcile how 9 people could have rated this place "excellent" and 12 "terrible" is to have the right mental framework. Imagine you had an Uncle Roscoe, a little odd, but friendly, who smokes. He has a place in Lake Arrowhead. It was furnished by your Aunt, who had GREAT taste, but died some years ago. Your Uncle would be HAPPY to rent you, or your friends, one of his rooms. He will greet you in his smoke filled owner's pad, done in the same decor your Aunt loved, with glasses of wine and had over the keys. He will ask Isabelle (Isy) to show you around the place and make recommendations on the area. You are welcome to take a bottle of wine out of his fridge (if you are willing to pay him back). His rooms are small, quaint, old (built in 1915, and renovated 10 or so years ago), and not everything works. He has a cook, who likes to watch TV, who will make you breakfast for $10 if you want it. No maids will come to the room to make the beds or change the towels, but hey no one would do that if you were staying with your Uncle either. I would recommend this place for couples, friends, and families if you would like a unique experience within easy walking distance of the village. It's NOT bad, but it would not be appropriate for business, families with young children, or people looking for a Hampton Inn. It's neither excellent nor terrible (unless the smell of smoke drives you up the wall), but it IS quirky.

Room Tip: Every room is different. Arrive early and ask Isy to show you the property so you can pick the room...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

Read the other reviews, I wish we had. Exactly what we found too. Dirty, outdated, broken... You name it. Asked for a refund, no refund. So frustrating.

Hot tub broken, even after my husband called ahead to ask about it. No clock or coat rack. No glass or water bottle. Old tv, old everything.

• Stayed January 2013

Been to Fleur de Lac European Inn B&B? Share your experiences!