“Smelly and very dissapointed” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Fleur de Lac European Inn B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lake Arrowhead
Fleur de Lac European Inn B&B
Save Saved
You added Fleur de Lac European Inn B&B to your Saves list
285 Highway 173, PO Box 2688, Lake Arrowhead, CA 92352   |
Ranked #12 of 13 Lake Arrowhead B&B and Inns
“Smelly and very dissapointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

The B&B's ive stayed in previously have always had owners who made you feel like you were "at home". Not at This one. There was no welcome, communication or hospitality. The room was ok but the tv was a tiny old 12" up high in a corner. ALL THE LINENS AND TOWELS SMELLED OF SMOKE!!!!!!IT WAS ABSOLUTELY GROSS. We asked for new towels and they were just as bad. My observation is the owner / managers are severe chain smokers and this creates a smelly enviorment. I will NEVER RETURN OR RECOMMEND THIS PLACE.

• Stayed February 2013

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Corona, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

The best way to understand and reconcile how 9 people could have rated this place "excellent" and 12 "terrible" is to have the right mental framework. Imagine you had an Uncle Roscoe, a little odd, but friendly, who smokes. He has a place in Lake Arrowhead. It was furnished by your Aunt, who had GREAT taste, but died some years ago. Your Uncle would be HAPPY to rent you, or your friends, one of his rooms. He will greet you in his smoke filled owner's pad, done in the same decor your Aunt loved, with glasses of wine and had over the keys. He will ask Isabelle (Isy) to show you around the place and make recommendations on the area. You are welcome to take a bottle of wine out of his fridge (if you are willing to pay him back). His rooms are small, quaint, old (built in 1915, and renovated 10 or so years ago), and not everything works. He has a cook, who likes to watch TV, who will make you breakfast for $10 if you want it. No maids will come to the room to make the beds or change the towels, but hey no one would do that if you were staying with your Uncle either. I would recommend this place for couples, friends, and families if you would like a unique experience within easy walking distance of the village. It's NOT bad, but it would not be appropriate for business, families with young children, or people looking for a Hampton Inn. It's neither excellent nor terrible (unless the smell of smoke drives you up the wall), but it IS quirky.

Room Tip: Every room is different. Arrive early and ask Isy to show you the property so you can pick the room...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

Read the other reviews, I wish we had. Exactly what we found too. Dirty, outdated, broken... You name it. Asked for a refund, no refund. So frustrating.

Hot tub broken, even after my husband called ahead to ask about it. No clock or coat rack. No glass or water bottle. Old tv, old everything.

• Stayed January 2013
West Hollywood, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

We booked the room based off the false description online. We arrived searching for a person to finally be directed up to the owner's apartment by a random person that lives in one of the rooms. When we went to the owner's apartment and were greeted by a room full of smoke and the owner whom continued smoking feet from my 3 yr old. The owner walked us to our room which was the size of a closet and had a roughly 12 inch tv placed on top of a armoire (couldn't even see it). We informed the manger not owner of our issue with the room and she basically gave us our pick of the vacant rooms. We settled on a room and stayed the night although the sheets smelled of smoke. We hit the town the next day for Octoberfest and upon our return found that all of our belongings were moved back into the previous room (basically tossed). We expressed our issue to the owner all while he was smoking and folding sheets in his apartment (explains why the sheets smelled of smoke). He refunded our second night stay but kept the tax! We then went and found a great hotel for a much better price. I got home and realized that we didn't return their lake pass and mailed it back to them but they charged my credit card $100 without even talking to me. Now I am disputing this random charge that was 10 days after our stay. I would never recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Newport Beach, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

People running the place are incredibly nice and friendly. Wine on greeting us, a tour around the place, very knowledgeable on the area. Breakfast was very good. Excellent location, walking distance to the village and the lake, and very quiet considering its on the highway.

It is in need of some upkeep. Its a little run down, needs new couches in the common areas, water damage in some places on the walls, and the bath towels all smelled like cigarette smoke(ew).

But for the area and price, its okay...

Room Tip: Go for the smaller cheaper rooms
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

It was terrible. Don't do it. My husband booked this place for our honeymoon, and when we got there - we were horrified. It was dumpy, dirty, and dusty. The staff was friendly, but it made it even more sad because she seemed to have no idea how horrified we were. She didn't take us straight to our room, but instead keyed into other guest's rooms to show us around (why? I don't know)... and the rooms were a mess. The common area was dark and dirty, and she opened up the game closet to reveal a teetering mess of half-full coloring books and 20 year-old VHS tapes. When she took us to our room, I almost died. They really should be in trouble with the Better Business Bureau, because their pictures are totally false. The bed was dusty and dirty, and the other reviews are right - the room is not big enough for two people to walk around. The decorations remind me of a nursing home, and that ladder leading up to a loft? It leads to nothing. The loft is a creepy area with am outdated television and a door in the back that doesn't have a handle (SO CREEPY). She referred to the bathub as a "jacuzzi"... but it is a bathtub. I thought she was joking, but she wasn't. The minute the lady left, I started crying. It was our honeymoon! There was NO WAY I was sleeping there. I seriously said that I would rather cut our trip short and go home than stay there. My husband, being the wonderful man that he is, used the free wi-fi to look up a nearby resort. When we called, the receptionist was super nice. She asked - "Are you at Fleur du Lac?" When we said yes and asked how she knew, she said they get panicked calls from there all the time. We packed up, and while I ran up the side of the hill with our luggage, my husband went to tell them that we weren't staying. I started the car and waited for him, and we peeled out of there without looking back. Even thinking about it gives me shivers. Unless creepy, dark, dingy, cramped, smelly rooms are your style, DO NOT STAY THERE.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Lancaster, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

I took my Wife for our one year Anniversary ,We Would have been better off pitching a Tent in our back yard, First of all we show up and the owner cant even figure out what room we had we got to see all 4 Filthy rooms the Honeymoon room had stains on the carpet he was going to up grade us to this room so we sat on the bed for 3 min and the owner came back to tell us the room was booked so we went to the first room we booked it was small and filthy the owner looked like a hippy from the 60s the grounds have not been maintained in years the bar out on the patio was used for junk storage the great room had wine glasses from FED EX the ice maker would make 5 cubes of ice per hour i was looking for cream for coffee and found KFC and Taco bell sauce again this room was Filthy ,my wife asked for 2 more pillows the owner did bring them i think from his own bed with blood stains and all there was no service no food and no Reason to stay so we just left ,We went to big bear and got a room the rest of the weekend was nice ,

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Fleur de Lac European Inn B&B? Share your experiences!