“Its Okay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Fleur de Lac European Inn B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lake Arrowhead
Fleur de Lac European Inn B&B
Save Saved
You added Fleur de Lac European Inn B&B to your Saves list
285 Highway 173, PO Box 2688, Lake Arrowhead, CA 92352   |
Ranked #12 of 13 Lake Arrowhead B&B and Inns
Newport Beach, CA
“Its Okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

People running the place are incredibly nice and friendly. Wine on greeting us, a tour around the place, very knowledgeable on the area. Breakfast was very good. Excellent location, walking distance to the village and the lake, and very quiet considering its on the highway.

It is in need of some upkeep. Its a little run down, needs new couches in the common areas, water damage in some places on the walls, and the bath towels all smelled like cigarette smoke(ew).

But for the area and price, its okay...

Room Tip: Go for the smaller cheaper rooms
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

36 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Los Angeles, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

It was terrible. Don't do it. My husband booked this place for our honeymoon, and when we got there - we were horrified. It was dumpy, dirty, and dusty. The staff was friendly, but it made it even more sad because she seemed to have no idea how horrified we were. She didn't take us straight to our room, but instead keyed into other guest's rooms to show us around (why? I don't know)... and the rooms were a mess. The common area was dark and dirty, and she opened up the game closet to reveal a teetering mess of half-full coloring books and 20 year-old VHS tapes. When she took us to our room, I almost died. They really should be in trouble with the Better Business Bureau, because their pictures are totally false. The bed was dusty and dirty, and the other reviews are right - the room is not big enough for two people to walk around. The decorations remind me of a nursing home, and that ladder leading up to a loft? It leads to nothing. The loft is a creepy area with am outdated television and a door in the back that doesn't have a handle (SO CREEPY). She referred to the bathub as a "jacuzzi"... but it is a bathtub. I thought she was joking, but she wasn't. The minute the lady left, I started crying. It was our honeymoon! There was NO WAY I was sleeping there. I seriously said that I would rather cut our trip short and go home than stay there. My husband, being the wonderful man that he is, used the free wi-fi to look up a nearby resort. When we called, the receptionist was super nice. She asked - "Are you at Fleur du Lac?" When we said yes and asked how she knew, she said they get panicked calls from there all the time. We packed up, and while I ran up the side of the hill with our luggage, my husband went to tell them that we weren't staying. I started the car and waited for him, and we peeled out of there without looking back. Even thinking about it gives me shivers. Unless creepy, dark, dingy, cramped, smelly rooms are your style, DO NOT STAY THERE.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Lancaster, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

I took my Wife for our one year Anniversary ,We Would have been better off pitching a Tent in our back yard, First of all we show up and the owner cant even figure out what room we had we got to see all 4 Filthy rooms the Honeymoon room had stains on the carpet he was going to up grade us to this room so we sat on the bed for 3 min and the owner came back to tell us the room was booked so we went to the first room we booked it was small and filthy the owner looked like a hippy from the 60s the grounds have not been maintained in years the bar out on the patio was used for junk storage the great room had wine glasses from FED EX the ice maker would make 5 cubes of ice per hour i was looking for cream for coffee and found KFC and Taco bell sauce again this room was Filthy ,my wife asked for 2 more pillows the owner did bring them i think from his own bed with blood stains and all there was no service no food and no Reason to stay so we just left ,We went to big bear and got a room the rest of the weekend was nice ,

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

I stayed one night here for 3 reasons: Other hotels wouldn't rent for less than 2 nights, I wanted to be able to walk to dining/shops(it's right at the archway), and the weekday price (without breakfast) was a good deal compared to most lodging nearby (I didn't want a cabin or kitchen or suite). I liked the way things looked, especially my room, which was very small, but had a comfy bed and very nice bathroom. I did end up fixing the door to my balcony with my mini tool keyring since the handle got stuck and I needed air. Also, I managed to get only one window to open partially. However, I it wasn't enough for me to have someone come fix. I just left a note upon leaving.Roscoe was helpful and very friendly. But I wasn't that comfortable just walking into his apt. to find him ( he is very hard of hearing and can't hear the door). At the front desk, the manager left a cell number to call if needed and later greeted me warmly. There was some noise at night from cars on the road to people talking loudly at night (not sure where they were).
I would recommend this place to someone who wants a comfortable, casual and interesting place just steps to the village. But not to someone wanting a luxurious, pampering B&B.

Room Tip: Great location and nice, but not a luxury destination,
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

This place really is the pits. We had to find somewhere to stay last minute in the area and it was very demoralizing that this was what we ended up with. Cobwebs, dirt, dust and hairs of every nationality were sprinkled liberally all over the floor and bathroom. The room (in fact we were shown 3 and this was the 'best' of the bunch) was tired, grubby, and a light fitting literally came away from the wall when I tried to switch it on. Terrible bed with no proper pillows, and a plastic undersheet that made you sweat. The bathroom sink didn't drain. The next morning, I wanted to find out if breakfast was possible, and was met with the least helpful person imaginable at the check-in desk. I almost had to block her path before she would acknowledge me. No breakfast. Everywhere you looked were fake flowers and dirty ashtrays. And this place isn't even a bargain - the experience cost $100. They should be paying us.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012 via mobile

This place should shut down..The web page is out dated. This place is run down....Don't waste your time...

• Stayed February 2012
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012 via mobile

Just don't do it! I just stayed here for a romantic gettaway and I was so disappointed all I wanted to do was leave. If your read all the poor reviews here sighting "hippie communion" cigarette smoke and misrepresentation on the web site then you are hearing the truth. This place is worn out, dirty, smells of smoke and all the common areas are lived in and dirty with personal items. If you like going to someones dirty house to hang out this is your place. It was an utter disappointing stay and I would tell you your money would be better spent anywhere but here.

Duane

• Stayed January 2012

Been to Fleur de Lac European Inn B&B? Share your experiences!