“Worth the price for the location.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Fleur de Lac European Inn B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lake Arrowhead
Fleur de Lac European Inn B&B
285 Highway 173, PO Box 2688, Lake Arrowhead, CA 92352   |
CA
“Worth the price for the location.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

I stayed one night here for 3 reasons: Other hotels wouldn't rent for less than 2 nights, I wanted to be able to walk to dining/shops(it's right at the archway), and the weekday price (without breakfast) was a good deal compared to most lodging nearby (I didn't want a cabin or kitchen or suite). I liked the way things looked, especially my room, which was very small, but had a comfy bed and very nice bathroom. I did end up fixing the door to my balcony with my mini tool keyring since the handle got stuck and I needed air. Also, I managed to get only one window to open partially. However, I it wasn't enough for me to have someone come fix. I just left a note upon leaving.Roscoe was helpful and very friendly. But I wasn't that comfortable just walking into his apt. to find him ( he is very hard of hearing and can't hear the door). At the front desk, the manager left a cell number to call if needed and later greeted me warmly. There was some noise at night from cars on the road to people talking loudly at night (not sure where they were).
I would recommend this place to someone who wants a comfortable, casual and interesting place just steps to the village. But not to someone wanting a luxurious, pampering B&B.

Room Tip: Great location and nice, but not a luxury destination,
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

36 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

This place really is the pits. We had to find somewhere to stay last minute in the area and it was very demoralizing that this was what we ended up with. Cobwebs, dirt, dust and hairs of every nationality were sprinkled liberally all over the floor and bathroom. The room (in fact we were shown 3 and this was the 'best' of the bunch) was tired, grubby, and a light fitting literally came away from the wall when I tried to switch it on. Terrible bed with no proper pillows, and a plastic undersheet that made you sweat. The bathroom sink didn't drain. The next morning, I wanted to find out if breakfast was possible, and was met with the least helpful person imaginable at the check-in desk. I almost had to block her path before she would acknowledge me. No breakfast. Everywhere you looked were fake flowers and dirty ashtrays. And this place isn't even a bargain - the experience cost $100. They should be paying us.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012 via mobile

This place should shut down..The web page is out dated. This place is run down....Don't waste your time...

• Stayed February 2012
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012 via mobile

Just don't do it! I just stayed here for a romantic gettaway and I was so disappointed all I wanted to do was leave. If your read all the poor reviews here sighting "hippie communion" cigarette smoke and misrepresentation on the web site then you are hearing the truth. This place is worn out, dirty, smells of smoke and all the common areas are lived in and dirty with personal items. If you like going to someones dirty house to hang out this is your place. It was an utter disappointing stay and I would tell you your money would be better spent anywhere but here.

Duane

• Stayed January 2012
Pasadena, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

We have to go to the hotel three times to find a person to check us in. For the rest of the day there was no one in the desk. We have the same problem with check out. We just left the key in the room and left. It was suppose to be bed and breakfast but there was no breakfast and no one to serve it. In the hotel site it says that you get a complementary glass of wine but again there was no wine and no one to give it to you. There was two phone number at the desk but neither one answers. The place is too expensive for what you get. I do not recommend this place at all

Room Tip: Find another place
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2011

We have stayed at the Fleur de Lac 3 times and have always had a wonderful experience. First, the owner, Roscoe is oh so nice! Second, the place is very quaint and we just loved our room! Third, the location is un-beatable, just across the street from the Village and the Lake...we will definitely be coming back for years to come!

Norco, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

I booked a surprise getaway for my boyfriends birthday, was very excited to get there and experience all the website beauties. WHAT A JOKE! the pictures on the web site must be over 10 years old. The place looked very run down, and the beautiful fountain in the so called courtyard, not there! We did find a broken portion of it at the side of the not so beautiful gazebo. The room was a total joke, i almost died when they showed me the room. It was very very small, no room for two people to even walk around comfortably. I was embarrassed that this was my gift to my boyfriend.DO NOT waste your money!!

Room Tip: saw all rooms none worth the money
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Fleur de Lac European Inn B&B? Share your experiences!