“Such potential...” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: International
Southern California
“Such potential...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

My friend and I visited this wine and gourment food shop on a Friday, approx. 1:00 pm. It is located in Lake Arrowhead Village. The shop offers a variety of local and international wines, as well as gourmet foodie accessories for sale. I believe they also offer food and cheese plates, catering, etc.
There is a good size winetasting counter here. They also offer two wine tasting machines: one machine is white wines, the other is red wines. Each machine contains four bottles. There is also a fantastic patio that overlooks Lake Arrowhead.
We did not purchase a flight (wine tasting) at the counter, but did purchase a wine machine card, with which you can pick and choose the wines and amounts you would like to taste from the wine machines.
I would have really enjoyed this shop, and the wine tasting experience here, if it were not for the lack of attention paid to us by the employees. We were not greeted when we entered the shop, no one asked if we needed help, or if we'd like to do any wine tasting. When I purchased the machine cards, I wasn't asked if I had any questions about the machines, etc. No one bothered with us the whole time (we were tasting on the patio for approx. 45 min.)!! No one thanked us as we left the shop...
Very sad. I will not recommend this shop to anyone I care about...

• Visited July 2012