You added Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection to your Saves list
Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Lake Arrowhead
Kingman, Arizona
“Ugh...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

I would give this place a thumbs up but when I went to make my coffee in the morning the in room coffee maker made me something other than coffee with nasty stuff floating in it (I'm pretty sure it was pieces of plastic and some sort of sticky white substance). By this time I was totally grossed out and I sent my husband to the front desk to see if he could get a complementary cup of FRESH coffee and they told him that they could send maintainence to look at the coffee pot. What?! I am in my pajamas, minus a cup of coffee, first thing in the morning. I did not want some stranger in my room messing with the coffee maker I just wanted a freaking cup of coffee. This is not the first problem that I have had with Marriott in the recent months. I am seeing a trend of crappy customer service. Other than that okay hotel, kind of clean but in desperate need of an update and remedial employee training.

Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Norm S, General Manager at Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Abinkney,

Please accept my apology for the coffee maker incident that you experienced during your last stay at the Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa. I have shared your comments with our management team and staff so we can improve the way we handle this in the future. I am disappointed that we did not provide you with the usual high level of quality and service here at the resort. Thank you for bringing this to my attention and I hope you will give us another opportunity to stay with us again.

Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Rancho Palos Verdes, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Always a beautiful place to stay, very scenic up here in Lake Arrowhead year round. The poroperty is shall we say "experienced" clean and freshed up however there are some broken screens and other signs of wear and tear. Still a beautiful setting and comfortable to stay at. Warning if you get there in the afternoon on a weekend the parking lot is full and you will have to valet it.

Room Tip: Lakeview suite is besst
Dear Chibi514_12,

Thank you for staying with us at the Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa. As you mentioned, the location of the resort is breathtaking and we are very proud to claim the San Bernardino mountains as our back yard. Your suggestion to valet park is appreciated and as a reminder, the valet parking charge is included in the resort fee for all of our guests. Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Ashland, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The hotel is on the lake and adjacent to the village. Because it is a Marriott, we expected that it would be better appointed (the rooms, the lobby, the restaurant). Netting it out, it is an average hotel. If you're expecting luxury this isn't it. Seems like it would be a great place for families with young kids.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Norm S, General Manager at Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Travelthon,

Thank you for staying with us at the Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa. I am sorry that you were not able to enjoy the resort as it was intended to be. We do strive to provide the highest level of quality and service to all of our guests. It sounds like we were not able to do so during your last visit. We hope that you would give us another opportunity whenever your travel brings you back to the area again.

irvine, ca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This was our 3rd visit and received exceptional service from front desk personnel including Ashley, Dominique, Melissa, Sandra and Taylor. The only issue is that the A/C system is set where the fan can not be put in continuous "on", and is only set at "auto" which means that as the unit compressor kicks on and off, it is noisy and disturbing for light sleepers, plus, the room doesn't stay cool with continuous circulation. Justin, Maintenance staff came up and said that the relays were set where he could not put the fan into "on", however, he said that he would bring a fan for circulation and "white noise" to reduce the discomfort, which he did immediately.

Breakfast and dinner in the Bin 189 was good, with servers Maribel for breakfast and Danielle for dinner, both were attentive and courteous.

My wife and I will continue to go to the resort every few months. Highly recommended for all of the reasons above. If you are also a light sleeper and need "white noise" background and are driving, bring a small fan, which is what we will do in the future.

Room Tip: lake view rooms all with beautiful view
Dear Scpirvine,

Thank you very much for recognizing the incredible service that our staff provided during your last stay at the Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa. I have shared your comments with the individuals that you mentioned and with our entire staff. We are all excited to have made such a positive impact for all of your visits with us. We look forward to your next visit with us!

Evanston, Il
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed at the Lake Arrowhead Resort because a friend was being married there. It was a pleasant stay. The rooms are generally nice and well appointed, and my wife liked the bed. My only criticism is that the closet for hanging clothes is in the bathroom, which seems peculiar to me. The Resort staff were generally very nice and helpful. We had breakfast in their restaurant. If you're going to stick to pastries, cereal, and coffee, the buffet is fine. If you want eggs, order from the menu; we found the buffet scrambled eggs to look and taste mass produced, and they were not very warm.

The resort is short walk from Lake Arrowhead Village (shops, restaurants, boat trip on the lake; nice views). If you want to walk along the lake, be sure to get the Gate Code from the front desk. We didn't get offered the code when we inquired about the walk, and had to come back and get it.)

When you're checking prices, be aware that a variety of fees (Resort fee, Spa fee) are added on, whether or not you use any of these facilities. These make a significant difference to the quoted daily rates.

Room Tip: Really long hallways. If you don't need the exercise, ask for a room near the elevator.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
Norm S, General Manager at Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Rick628,

Thank you for posting such informative comments about your last stay at the Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa. It sounds like you were able to enjoy all of the amenities the resort and area have to offer. Congratulations on your friend's wedding and I am glad you were able to attend such a wonderful event. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Lake Arrowhead Resort & Spa
CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

They have a good rate for state employees. The location is great--it has its own private beach and very accesible to shopsand restaurants. The service is not bad, but you get a feeling that they are just doing their jobs, nothing special nor personal touch.

Stayed April 2015
Missy E.,

Thank you very much for staying at the Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa! As you noted, we are very proud of Melissa and Ashley who provided you with great customer service. I shared your comments with the entire staff and we are very thankful for your kind words. Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Anaheim, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2015

I was at the property on Saturday April 18th to attend a wedding, since we arrived a little early I wanted to get a bite to eat somewhere local and do a little shopping. Melissa and Ashley were at the front desk and were more than happy to help me! They both told me some great suggestions on where to shop and both were very friendly! I really look forward to coming back to the property this summer to be able to enjoy some of the sights and suggestions they both provided me with, it's great to have had such a positive customer service experience at a new place.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Norm S, General Manager at Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, April 24, 2015
Dear Missy E.,

Thank you for recognizing both Melissa and Ashley for the excellent service that they both provided to you on your last stay at the Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa. They were both very appreciative of the kind comments. Thank you for making our resort your temporary home away from home and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa

Been to Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!