“Expected Better...” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection

You added Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection to your Saves list
Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Lake Arrowhead
Ashland, Oregon
“Expected Better...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

The hotel is on the lake and adjacent to the village. Because it is a Marriott, we expected that it would be better appointed (the rooms, the lobby, the restaurant). Netting it out, it is an average hotel. If you're expecting luxury this isn't it. Seems like it would be a great place for families with young kids.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Norm S, General Manager at Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear Travelthon,

Thank you for staying with us at the Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa. I am sorry that you were not able to enjoy the resort as it was intended to be. We do strive to provide the highest level of quality and service to all of our guests. It sounds like we were not able to do so during your last visit. We hope that you would give us another opportunity whenever your travel brings you back to the area again.

Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
irvine, ca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This was our 3rd visit and received exceptional service from front desk personnel including Ashley, Dominique, Melissa, Sandra and Taylor. The only issue is that the A/C system is set where the fan can not be put in continuous "on", and is only set at "auto" which means that as the unit compressor kicks on and off, it is noisy and disturbing for light sleepers, plus, the room doesn't stay cool with continuous circulation. Justin, Maintenance staff came up and said that the relays were set where he could not put the fan into "on", however, he said that he would bring a fan for circulation and "white noise" to reduce the discomfort, which he did immediately.

Breakfast and dinner in the Bin 189 was good, with servers Maribel for breakfast and Danielle for dinner, both were attentive and courteous.

My wife and I will continue to go to the resort every few months. Highly recommended for all of the reasons above. If you are also a light sleeper and need "white noise" background and are driving, bring a small fan, which is what we will do in the future.

Room Tip: lake view rooms all with beautiful view
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Evanston, Il
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stayed at the Lake Arrowhead Resort because a friend was being married there. It was a pleasant stay. The rooms are generally nice and well appointed, and my wife liked the bed. My only criticism is that the closet for hanging clothes is in the bathroom, which seems peculiar to me. The Resort staff were generally very nice and helpful. We had breakfast in their restaurant. If you're going to stick to pastries, cereal, and coffee, the buffet is fine. If you want eggs, order from the menu; we found the buffet scrambled eggs to look and taste mass produced, and they were not very warm.

The resort is short walk from Lake Arrowhead Village (shops, restaurants, boat trip on the lake; nice views). If you want to walk along the lake, be sure to get the Gate Code from the front desk. We didn't get offered the code when we inquired about the walk, and had to come back and get it.)

When you're checking prices, be aware that a variety of fees (Resort fee, Spa fee) are added on, whether or not you use any of these facilities. These make a significant difference to the quoted daily rates.

Room Tip: Really long hallways. If you don't need the exercise, ask for a room near the elevator.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
Norm S, General Manager at Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Rick628,

Thank you for posting such informative comments about your last stay at the Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa. It sounds like you were able to enjoy all of the amenities the resort and area have to offer. Congratulations on your friend's wedding and I am glad you were able to attend such a wonderful event. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Lake Arrowhead Resort & Spa
CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

They have a good rate for state employees. The location is great--it has its own private beach and very accesible to shopsand restaurants. The service is not bad, but you get a feeling that they are just doing their jobs, nothing special nor personal touch.

Stayed April 2015
Missy E.,

Thank you very much for staying at the Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa! As you noted, we are very proud of Melissa and Ashley who provided you with great customer service. I shared your comments with the entire staff and we are very thankful for your kind words. Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Anaheim, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was at the property on Saturday April 18th to attend a wedding, since we arrived a little early I wanted to get a bite to eat somewhere local and do a little shopping. Melissa and Ashley were at the front desk and were more than happy to help me! They both told me some great suggestions on where to shop and both were very friendly! I really look forward to coming back to the property this summer to be able to enjoy some of the sights and suggestions they both provided me with, it's great to have had such a positive customer service experience at a new place.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Norm S, General Manager at Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear Missy E.,

Thank you for recognizing both Melissa and Ashley for the excellent service that they both provided to you on your last stay at the Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa. They were both very appreciative of the kind comments. Thank you for making our resort your temporary home away from home and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Marietta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I spend an average of 80 days a year in hotels and The Lake Arrowhead Resort is one of my favorites. An incredible break from the Los Angeles pace. Extremely professional and friendly staff. Highly recommended!

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Dear Kerry A.,

All of us at the Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa are so happy to hear that we are one of your favorite Marriott hotels. Thank you for posting your comments and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Santa Clarita, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2015

I recently visited this resort with my husband and two young children and we had a very pleasant time.

The resort is beautiful and quite relaxing which is what we were looking for. We checked in early and our room was ready when we arrived.

We were there during Easter Weekend and the resort had a private Easter Egg Hunt for the kids Lakeside. It was one of the best public Egg Hunts I've ever witnessed. Most egg hunts are over in less than a minute and usually several children are left trampled over and crying. This one was great, the staff actually spent time hiding eggs and it was such a great setting by the lake. The bigger kids enjoyed finding eggs on a grassy hill and the little kids enjoyed taking their time gathering eggs by the grass...it was fun!

Aside from the beautiful resort and amazing rooms, I'd like to give credit to the resort's manager. Prior to visiting, I made a phone call to the resort to inquire about activities and the conversation with the front desk gal was not pleasant, hence the 4 out of 5 star rating. Needless to say, I wrote a review explaining the experience. Not more than 24 hours later, the manager responded to my review and offered to speak with me in private about the experience. We spoke on the phone and he offered his apology and I can tell he was sincere. An email apology would've been enough for me, but I very much appreciated the apology over the phone as I know hotel managers usually do not take the time to really get to know their guests let alone apologize for any negative experiences big or small.

When we arrived, my husband checked in with Dominique who was quite pleasant and friendly. The manager made us feel very welcome and surprised us with things that we were not expecting and he made sure to make our stay unforgettable with our young family. He is exceptional and his kind gestures tells me that he is truly committed to providing excellent customer service and ensuring the resort's continued success.

Thank you Mr. Santos, we look forward to visiting Lake Arrowhead Resort again.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Dear Michelle G.,

Thank you for allowing us to provide your family with a great stay. We strive to provide the highest level of quality and service for all of our guests. I am so glad to know that you were able to enjoy the Easter egg hunt at the resort. I have shared your comments with the staff and we are all grateful that we made such a positive impact with your stay with us, especially Dominique at the front desk. Please come and see us again soon.

Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa

Been to Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!