You added Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection to your Saves list
Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection
Stay for Breakfast!
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Lake Arrowhead
“Reid”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Reid from front desk is awesome! I work in the hospitality business as well and know how hard it is to celebrate certain holidays. As soon as I showed up to the resort, she showed excellent customer service and mutual correspondence upon my check in. She upgraded me to a lake view due to a late valentines celebration. I will definitely return

Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Norm S, General Manager at Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Rob L.,

Thank you for recognizing Reid as one of our associates who has excellent customer service skills. The Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa is very proud to have associates like Reid who strive to provide the highest level of quality and service. I am very happy to see that we made your stay a memorable one. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We decided to check out the Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa after hearing great reviews from friends. We were greeted by a friendly front desk staff member, I think her name was Melissa? She promptly assigned us a room then introduced us to a bellman. We were escorted to a lovely room overlooking the lake. The room itself was very clean and decorated very well. I honestly expected dated decor. We spent the day walking around the village and relaxing by the pool. After dinner, we enjoyed cocktails and playing cards by the fireplace in the lobby. Our children loved going to the coffee bar in the lobby for hot cocoa and treats. We had a wonderful stay and look forward to visiting again in the near future.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Norm S, General Manager at Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, yesterday
Deanna C.,

Thank you very much for staying with us at the Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa. Your comments about the staff are very much appreciated especially your recognition of our Front Desk Manager, Melissa. It sounds like you and your family enjoyed all of the what the resort has to offer. Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Lake Arrowhead Resort
Laguna Beach, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Knowing what I know now, I’d rethink my lodging options. The goal was to find “nice” accommodations in Big Bear, but when booking at the last minute for a holiday weekend, the choices were pretty bleak. This hotel seemed to fit the bill and it was easy to justify the premium rate given the glowing 4-star distinction with the AAA.

Not that I was expecting to be blown away, but the property lacked the charm or aesthetic appeal one might expect of a mountain resort. There’s nothing particularly wrong with place, it just wasn’t special. It’s as if they know they’re the only upscale lodging within a 30-mile radius, so they put on airs.
Here are the good points:
1) If you’re into walking around Lake Arrowhead village, you can’t get any closer.
2) The staff is courteous and eager to please. If you need help with bags or parking, they don’t smile insincerely in search of a tip.
3) The spa is a hidden secret. It’s got a country club feel to it. The facilities are clean; they have lockers and towels and you can have a soak, steam and a shower without feeling like an interloper.

Now for the not so good points:
1) Dogs. They cater to dog owners here and it shows. I’m okay with the dogs in the lobby, in the halls, and the odd bark as you pass their room. But what bother me enormously is the notion that a dog may have been in my room, on my bed, lapping water out of a bowl on floor where I stand or God forbid, peeing in the corner of the room where I drop my bags. In my opinion, the management should advise guests of their liberal dog policies at the time of booking and offer No-Dog rooms to protect those with allergies or a general objection to being in a room inhabited by pets.
2) Bin 189. The restaurant staff seems to operate on the premise that something will be wrong with your order. Yes, there were delays taking our order and delays bringing the food out. Without asking they picked up our drink tab. To be sure, I would have liked better quality food and a whole lot less fuss.
3) Resort fee. I don’t know what the criteria is to qualify as a resort, but their justification for charging an extra $20 seems disingenuous – free wifi and valet parking. Don’t expect to go boating. Access to the lake isn’t a feature of this resort.
4) In room amenities. The bottled water in the bathroom is used as a placard for advertising their robes. Don’t be tempted to drink it. It’s $3.00 a bottle.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Norm S, General Manager at Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear WmJay,

Your comments regarding your last stay at the Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa are very appreciated. Thank you for staying with us and I am so glad to hear the staff were courteous and eager to please. It sounds like you enjoyed the Spa of the Pines as well. I have shared your comments regarding our Bin 189 with our management team and I sincerely apologize for the delays that you experience. Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Chino Hills, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We were warmly welcomed by the staff on arrival. The Resort is beautifully appointed, warm and inviting. Just walking to our room was a fun experience looking at the beautiful lighting, art, wall pictures and leaf motif carpets. Our room was large with a nice view of the lake, pool and resort grounds. Our room had a large leather sofa, hassock, desk, and loved the very large walk in shower. I was fortunate enough to have a Swedish massage by Pam, which was wonderful. The Spa was a beautiful, well appointed, warm place to be pampered and the staff were very accommodating and professional. Going to save up so we can come again!!

Room Tip: Lake view. Third floor.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear 48th Anniversary,

Thank you very much for staying with us at the Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa and for your wonderful review of the resort. We strive to provide all of our guests with the highest level of quality and service. I am so glad we were able to make such great memories for you. I will be sure to let Pam know in the Spa of the Pines that you loved the Swedish massage. Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Long Beach, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Thanks to Living Social I had an Old Voucher sitting around the house and my husband and I decided to go ahead and cash the monetary amount in. We spent two nights in a Beautiful Guest Bedroom with King Bed. The room also had a couch and desk and lots of room. We were down stairs so our balcony opened up to the lake, beautiful pine tree's and the gorgeous homes that surround the lake. Bathrooms were spacious and clean. The front entrance area was beautiful with art and water falls. A large bar was located a crossed from main lobby with its own fireplace to relax at mingle with friends. There was also another big fireplace at the other end of the room by the stairs that lead down to our room and the Spa. My husband and I sat at the fireplace and enjoyed the warmth and sipped our drinks and played a game of cards together. The Spa was also very nice and clean. We worked out in the gym that had cardio equipment with weights and cables. This gym is also used by the residents for a fee. A lot of class are provided on a daily bases, free for guests. The work out area was large enough to fit 30 - 40 people easy. All the equipment was modern and up to date. Towels were provided along with water and tea and coffee. Showers and steam and sauna's in the locker area's. They have a restaurant on site that we didn't get to try. Staff was friendly and Courteous. Came here at the right time for us no snow little guest and the little shopping area was very quiet and that's what we needed for this trip. Great Shopping and Eating all around. Would love to come back when there is snow. We did go on a hike around the lake, it's a gated community and the Resort gives you the access codes to get in. Awesome time, Beautiful People, and Sweet Rest.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Norm S, General Manager at Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Hawks3,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa. I am very delighted to read that you and your husband enjoyed all of the tranquility that the resort has to offer. It sounds like your stay was very relaxing and you did choose the perfect place to enjoy the views of the lake. Thank you very much for the wonderful comments which I have shared with our staff. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

While you are able to hear some noise from your neighbors next to and/or above, our room and views were amazing. The staff was polite and went out of their way to recognize our special occasion. We were very satisfied with our stay and did not want to leave. If we were guaranteed the same room, we would definitely stay again. Our only regret was that we left a small item in our room. We were hoping that management would just mail it back to us but we either have to go back and pick it up or pay for FedEx to ship it home. Our fault but still a bummer.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Norm S, General Manager at Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear GreatTraveltime,

Thank you very much for your kind comments regarding your last stay at the Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa. On behalf of all of our resort associates, we are very thankful that we made such everlasting memories for your special occasion. Thank you for letting us be a part of it. Please reach out to me privately as I would like to make sure the items left behind get returned to you promptly. I can be reached at Norm.Santos@marriott.com.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2015

We are staying the second floor and it sounds like someone had been jumping in and out of bed all night and running around above us. Before that we booked a lake view room and they gave us one that faced part of the parking lot and trees only! Then after we said something they changed our room. But the door didn't work and the front desk lady couldn't open it, but the bell not said to tune the handle up instead of down!
We asked for our breakfast package and they said they didn't know if we had one, the lady in the gift shop ended up finding out for us and was much more helpful than the from desk.
I'm very disappointed since this wasn't a cheap stay. The only restaurant worth going to in the whole are is the one in the hotel but they don't serve the regular menu in between lunch and dinner....

Stayed January 2015
Norm S, General Manager at Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, January 20, 2015
Dear Geni B.,

Please accept my apologies as I am equally disappointed with the challenges for your recent stay at the Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa. All of our associates are focused and strive to provide the highest level of quality and service to our guests. It sounds like we did not do so during your stay and I have discussed your comments with our management team and associates. If you would like to give us an opportunity to enjoy the resort as you should have been able to, please contact me directly as I would like to personally handle your next reservation.

Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa

Been to Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!