“Terrible stay” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection

You added Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection to your Saves list
Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection
Stay for Breakfast!
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Lake Arrowhead
“Terrible stay”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We are staying the second floor and it sounds like someone had been jumping in and out of bed all night and running around above us. Before that we booked a lake view room and they gave us one that faced part of the parking lot and trees only! Then after we said something they changed our room. But the door didn't work and the front desk lady couldn't open it, but the bell not said to tune the handle up instead of down!
We asked for our breakfast package and they said they didn't know if we had one, the lady in the gift shop ended up finding out for us and was much more helpful than the from desk.
I'm very disappointed since this wasn't a cheap stay. The only restaurant worth going to in the whole are is the one in the hotel but they don't serve the regular menu in between lunch and dinner....

Stayed January 2015
Norm S, General Manager at Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear Geni B.,

Please accept my apologies as I am equally disappointed with the challenges for your recent stay at the Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa. All of our associates are focused and strive to provide the highest level of quality and service to our guests. It sounds like we did not do so during your stay and I have discussed your comments with our management team and associates. If you would like to give us an opportunity to enjoy the resort as you should have been able to, please contact me directly as I would like to personally handle your next reservation.

Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW via mobile

We came to the Resort to celebrate my mother's 80th. We had a big family lunch and my husband, 12 yr old son and I booked a room to stay the night. We got to our room about 4:30pm and laid down to relax. We could hear every word coming from the room next door and it sounded as if people were flinging themselves against the wall. The room above us was so noisy. Constant stomping and banging. I felt like I was in a tenement apartment. I go to resorts to RELAX. We called the front desk and complained and were told "It should die die, 'curfew' is at 10:00pm". I was shocked by this answer. Are we out in the street running wild waiting for curfew? No, we are in a 4 star lakeside "resort". We called again a half hour later and they sent someone to check to room above us. They quieted down which only pronounced the level of the room next door. I went to the front desk in person and again was given the curfew reassurance. We went out came bacck at midnight. It was quiet but guess what? 7am wake up call from next door and upstairs. Bang, Bang, Bang, Scream, Scream, Scream. My mom moved to Arrowhead and this was going to be the go to hotel for my family and extended family. I have stayed in a lot of wonderful hotels and I have NEVER experienced this. Can't imagine going back. It's a real shame. I thought I a found a real gem.

• Stayed January 2015
Norm S, General Manager at Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear LSeed,

I have reviewed your comments and would like to sincerely apologize for the excess noise that occurred during your stay. I have shared your comments with our staff and management team as we want all of our guests to have a relaxing and comfortable stay with us. From your feedback, I reiterated our procedures with our team so we can properly address any excessive noise issues. Thank you for making us aware of the situation. We hope that you would give us another chance so you may be able to enjoy the resort as it was intended to be.

Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed at this charming and cozy hotel and enjoyed it very much. We took my kid to Snow Valley and had so much fun. All people we encountered at the hotel were very nice and caring. I recommend the Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa and will go back!

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Norm S, General Manager at Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Sesil E,

Thank you very much for posting wonderful comments regarding your last stay at the Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa. On behalf of the entire staff, we are so glad we made such a positive impact on your visit to the area. It's great to hear that your kid really enjoyed the Snow Valley ski area too! Come see us again soon.

Southern California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My boyfriend and I had the same experience at the Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa as many of the other recent posters. We booked a king lakeview room for four nights starting new year's eve, planning for a romantic couples getaway. When we arrived at 4:00 p.m., our room was not ready, though check-in was supposed to be at 3:00 p.m. Though we didn't mind having a cocktail in the bar, we noticed that other people whose rooms were not ready were given drink vouchers and we were not. Is this just because we didn't raise a stink? We didn't want to start our mini vacation off on a sour note, after all.

The room itself was lovely with a terrific view of the lake. The furnishings were nice, fabrics cozy, and the bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was also sleek, clean, and stylish. In fact, we ended up spending two whole days just hanging out in the room, relaxing and avoiding the other issue with this property...

Perhaps it was because of the holidays, but this hotel was overrun with small children and pets. It is apparently one of the few pet-friendly hotels in the San Bernardino mountains and there were dogs everywhere. I will say, most of the pets were better behaved than the kids, who were running around the lobby, yelling, without any visible parental supervision. If we had any illusions of quietly enjoying the roaring fireplace in the main lobby, they were quickly dispelled.

On a brighter note, the staff at the bar (Jeff, Matthew, Ingrid) were terrific. We discovered the bar was the only kid-free area and took advantage of the great service and friendly folks there.

A quick word about the food at the hotel restaurant: We ate at the hotel restaurant on new year's eve, expecting it to be upscale. Surprisingly, there were no tablecloths on the tables. We each ordered the filet oscar, the most expensive entree on the menu, and were very disappointed. The filet came buried under a mound of salty, oddly spiced mashed potatoes and there was no lobster tail, just a few pieces of lobster meat on the side. We quickly discovered that the appetizers, sides, and breakfast are good here, but save your money and skip the dinner entrees.

Overall, if you're looking for a quiet, romantic get-away, this is not the place for you, at least on a busy holiday weekend. We'll look for a private cabin to rent the next time we want a weekend in the mountains.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Norm S, General Manager at Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear LaineyMacCA,

Please accept my apologies for not being able to enjoy a cocktail on us due to the delay in checking in. It is always our goal to provide our guests with best experience possible. We did not do so in your recent stay and I have reviewed your comments with our staff this morning. Thank you for acknowledging Jeff, Matthew and Ingrid who provided terrific service. I hope you give us another chance at our resort. Please contact me directly as I would like to personally handle your next reservation.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We had a blast here on New Years eve. It snowed the night before so we were greeted by a fresh snow and a warm and beautiful lobby. The room was nice and we had a partial view of Lake Arrowhead. We would stay there again. The free valet parking was a nice touch.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Dear SD O,

Happy New Year! The snow that we experienced over the New Year's holiday was fantastic and I am so glad you were able to enjoy the fresh snow. Thank you for posting great comments about your last stay at the Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa. Come see us again soon!

Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

While the Lake Arrowhead Resort provides a convenient location and a unique, quaint feel that makes it consistent with other Autograph Series hotels, the quality of service and room was not up to par. (Warning: Do NOT stay here if you are not a dog person because there are a lot of dogs here at the resort.) We arrived on New Year's Day and tried to check in early, but we were advised that the resort was having difficulty getting guests to leave by the check-out time. We took the opportunity to have lunch in the Village and walk around the shops. We came back at 3:00PM, which is the check-in time, and found that our room was still not ready. The lobby was filled with guests waiting for their rooms. We were lucky and got our room within 30 minutes, but the lobby was still filled with waiting guests when we left for dinner at 6:00PM. The room is standard, but nothing special. The closet was conveniently located in the bathroom just inside the door so that you could take off your snow boots and not get the carpet all wet. Breakfast for 2 adults and 2 kids (either the buffet or choosing off the menu), but only coffee, tea or soda was included -- no juice or milk. Our server on the first morning was very friendly and attentive. I can't say the same for our server the next morning, who I think failed to provide us any attention because we had the breakfast vouchers. We had to specifically tell her we wanted our check so that we could leave her a tip because she (incorrectly) assumed that we would not leave a tip because we had the vouchers. We had dinner one night at Bin 189, and the food was good. Service was fine, but not great. Our waiter forgot to bring us the bread, and we think they forgot one of our kids' dinner because we had to sit and wait about 10 minutes while our entrees cooled. Be sure to make reservations if you want to eat dinner at Bin 189. When we arrived, the hosts were turning away two groups (a couple and a party of 4) without reservations. We weren't sure why the groups were turned away since we noticed a number of open tables in the dining room throughout our dinner.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view of the lake. It's better than looking at the parking lot.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Dear South Bay DM,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us feeback in regards to your recent stay at the Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection.

As we pride ourselves on delivering a memorable hotel experience during your travels, we have unfortunately fallen short of our goal during your recent stay. Please accept our sincere apology for the issues you encountered with the quality of your guestroom and dining experience. We have shared your feedback with the appropriate staff members and your input will be invaluable in our commitment to provide a high level of service to each one of our guests.

Upholding our commitment to provide a memorable experience with exceptional service, we hope to have an opportunity to better your experience with us whenever your travels bring you back to Lake Arrowhead.

Lake Arrowhead Resort & Spa
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I was very disappointed with this hotel. We paid over $250 and for a four star/four diamond luxury collection marriott resort, we received ONE star service. When we checked in at 4pm, our room was not ready and we were told that it would be an hour or two before the room was ready. Check in time was suppose to be 3pm. This ruined our plans to go night skiing in Big Bear as we had my dog with us. The front desk agent offered 2 drink tickets for the bar but said we could not bring in my 3 pound teacup Chihuahua in there. Seriously, what did they expect us to do, leave her in the car? Why offer that if we can't use it. Her answer was one person stay in the lobby with the dog and other go to bar. Yes, that really makes up for our room not being ready and to top it off front desk agent argued with me when I questioned her on a few things. She said well that's how it is at most resorts. Um, I work for some of the top resorts with a competitor chain. Bad thing to say to someone in the industry. We finally get into room and decided to go to the bar to have a drink which was great. The drinks were good and bartenders were very friendly. We should have just eaten there at the bar but decided to go check out the village. We came back to the hotel to eat after a bad experience in the village sitting in a restaurant for 20 minutes with no service. The restaurant informed us it was going to be an hour and a half to get any kind of food from kitchen. We were extremely irritated since we had to settle for pizza. The heater was also not working in room and it was 37 degrees outside. Maintenance did come and fix it very quickly. Our next problem was the shower did not drain and had to stand in a puddle of water. So disgusting! I work for Hilton and truly wish Big Bear/Lake Arrowhead had a Hilton product because I definitely would have stayed there instead! The lake was beautiful but the property has so many trees you can't even really see it from room. We didn't realize this when we booked but Big Bear was an hour away and longer with traffic. This was not the hotel's fault, we should have done an exact estimate of how far it was but we ended up not going skiing which was our whole purpose for even going up there. Very disappointed with service! Also, we were not aware of the $20 resort fee which is hidden until AFTER you book! Called manager yesterday to speak to him about my experience. He said he would call me back and still have not heard from him. We were woken up by loud people above us stomping around too!

Room Tip: Book a high floor on lake side although most of the views are blocked by a TON of trees. Otherwise y...
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends
Dear SR0422,

Thank you for taking the time to personally discuss your last stay with me in our recent phone conversations. I hope you will give us another opportunity so you may enjoy the Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa as it was intended to be. I have reviewed your comments with all of our staff and management team and we are very disappointed that we fell short of your expectations. Please let me know if I may be of further assistance and as discussed, I would like to personally handle your next reservation at our resort.

Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa

Been to Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!