“Terrible hosts and services ” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection

You added Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection to your Saves list
Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   27984 Highway 189, Lake Arrowhead, CA 92382   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
$50 Daily Credit
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Lake Arrowhead
“Terrible hosts and services ”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We came here to stay for Christmas with my family to enjoy our vacation but these rude and disrespectful staff including front desk manager whose name was Melissa broken our privacy and came to our room when we were sleeping and accused us that we are smoking cigarettes to what she did not see it and we were not aware of it and funny things was that she came with security in order to search our room and destroyed our vacation and me feel miserable this is not place to stay and spend money you won't have good time

Stayed December 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

I stayed for two night with my mom and my family . The housekeeper walk to my room even though we had the do not disturb sign on the door , the front desck maneger Melissa was the rudest staff . She didn't say sorry and shake her hand on my face . I used to come here every Christmas but this year was my last time . I will file a Complain egainst this hotel for sure , I will not let them do the same thing to other guest .

• Stayed December 2014
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We stayed here for a little family vacay right after Christmas. This place is kid and pet friendly and has a relaxing atmosphere but we noticed communication problems from the first night when we arrived amid a flurry of activity in the lobby including a buffet and drinks. We asked at the lobby where we could get a drink with our kids who are 6 &8. The woman at reception recommended we go over to the restaurant/bar called Bin 182. We head over and are advised to sit at any flat top or high top table in bar area so we find a table and are then told by the waitress we are at a dining table that is reserved and told to head over to the bar and sit at the bar since that's the only open area in the bar. We do so only to be told by the bartender that we cannot sit at the bar with kids under 18. Frustrated, we leave the restaurant and tell the woman at reception our experience. She apologizes and brings us back over to the restaurant where they apologize and say there is no room to sit but offer to bring our order- drinks and chicken nuggets - out to the lobby area where there are open tables to sit. After waiting 40 minutes and exploring the large lobby and the buffet area, I notice a small separate bar and ask if I can get a drink there and they say yes. So, we get our drinks there within a minute(after trying to get a drink for over an hour) and head up to our room for the night. The room was fine- comfortable beds and nice bathroom. Decor could be updated. The next day, we decide to try the winter wonderland activities with movies and kids activities for an additional charge-the staff member who helped us sign up told us we couldn't leave the kids there without a parent present but the staff there told us no problem- we could drop them off, like babysitting, and come back- so we did - which was nice but again different stories depending on who you talk to. And the staff with the kids seemed pretty young. The next night, my 6 yr old son really wants to try out a Christmas present that needs AA batteries. My husband asks in the gift shop if they have the batteries and was told no, they are out and recommends we go to Stater Brothers. I suggest since it seems like no one at this hotel communicates with each other, we might ask at the front desk and, sure enough, they have and send them up to our room which was very nice but only happened because we kept asking around. So if you come here, be prepared to keep asking around for what you need.

Stayed December 2014
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We were here last time in 2012. It was under awful circumstances. My dad was dying after a very prolonged illness, and I needed a break a year and a half of sadness and turmoil. Lake Arrowhead Resort couldn't have been a more perfect escape.

It was in September. My birthday. We brought our golden retriever, who promptly jumped straight into the lake and swam with the happy children. We strolled the grounds, watched a wedding (from out of sight) and then climbed into a hammock, dog and all, and let the peaceful wind in the treetops whisper, "Relax."

The room was perfect, with a view of the tranquil lake and a small coterie of watercraft buzzing quietly by. Room service was top notch, especially the menu especially for the dog, which he enjoyed quickly, every night. The bed was cozy, the bathroom was super clean, and the balcony was a perfect perch for morning coffee and evening wine.

In the mornings, we followed a lazy path down to the village, where we were greeted by a huge flock of floating ducks. As much as he wanted to swim with them, we kept the dog in check. Breakfast at the waffle place was warm and delicious. In the afternoons, we read books by the fire in the lobby, while the dog napped at our feet. And at night, we ate either at the hotel restaurant, via room service or pizza from the village pizza joint (where friendly people were gathered for dinner) and then caught flicks on pay-per-view in our room.

It's been a long time, but we are finally returning to Lake Arrowhead Resort next week, arriving New Year's Day (our anniversary). I can't wait to walk back into this oasis in the mountains. And the dog can't wait for more room service!

Room Tip: Be nice to everyone you encounter at the hotel. It feels good to make other people smile, even when...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Chula Vista, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Enjoyed our brief stay at this resort. We only stayed for one night, December 22nd, as this was just a brief get away for me and my family. The front desk staff was very friendly and check in was very smooth. The resort was decorated for the holiday, which was very festive and we enjoyed hanging out in the lobby near the fireplace. The only small complaint I would have is with their restaurant, Bin 189. I had called to see if we could make a reservation; however, no times were available that night. A little disappointed with that information, as I walked around the restaurant at about 7:30 and it appeared to be half empty.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 374 with a partial view of the lake. Restaurant selection is better in Big Bear.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Norm S, General Manager at Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear JTrave,

We are so glad you made the quick trip to the San Bernardino Mountains. Thank you for posting your great comments about the Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa. I am sorry that you were told that we did not have any restaurant reservations. Our Bin 189 restaurant gets very busy during this time of year. Please let me know when you will be in the area again as I would like to personally handle your next reservation. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Huntsville, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We traveled here for my brother's wedding that they had the ceremony outside the hotel on the big deck. The weather wasn't the nicest since it was in December but it turned out to be a beautiful small ceremony. The lake in the background was great. It was the off season up there but was still some Christmas parties going on here. The Christmas decorations and atmosphere were great. My boys and I enjoyed the pool and hot tub even though it was hailing and raining. The resort was nice and it was great being able to walk down to the shopping and restaurants by the water. It was really fun driving up here in the fog but the whole area was beautiful the next day when we could see it. We drove around the lake and looked at the area and houses and that was really great. The bar in the resort didn't have enough seating and quite a few of us had to stand up for awhile to visit with our group so that was really disappointing. The service in the restaurant was really slow even though they weren't that busy. The food was good though, just don't be in a hurry to eat or get your food. The suite was really nice that my brother stayed in but we stayed in a double queen bed room. We really didn't like the layout of the bathroom. The sliding door to the bathroom that didn't even lock was really uncomfortable. It was almost like the bathroom didn't have a door at all. I don't know why most hotel bathrooms I've been in lately don't have fans in them somewhere. A nice hot shower will quickly make the bathroom steamed up and extremely not with no ventilation. It took a long time to get the mirrors usable again where you can see in them. I'd like to see a door or separator between the toilet/shower and the mirrors/sink area. It was a nice place and we enjoyed the stay. We would like to spend more time there and in nicer weather next time.

Room Tip: Do whatever you can to get a room on the lake side. Ours just looked out to the parking lot so not v...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Dear Matt L.,

Please send our congratulations to your brother on his recent wedding at the Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa. I am glad that you and your boys were able to enjoy just about every aspect of the resort and the Christmas decorations. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

irvine, ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Front Desk staff, Ashley and Dominique, were terrific. They were professional, courteous and extremely helpful. When Ashley learned that we were celebrating our Anniversary both she and Dominique sent up a bottle of Champagne.

The room we requested was made available to us (we called in advance). We had stayed in this room the last time and it was both convenient and had a nice view of the pool and lake.

The Fitness Center has all of the latest exercise equipment.

Room Tip: All of the rooms on the 3rd floor that face the lake. Room 318 has a terrific view of the pool/jacuz...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Norm S, General Manager at Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Scpirvine,

Happy Anniversary! I am so glad we were able to celebrate your anniversary with you. Thank you for staying at the Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa for such a memorable occasion. Ashley, Dominique and the entire front desk staff were so delighted to hear that they made such an impact during your stay. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa

Been to Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!