You added Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection to your Saves list
Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Lake Arrowhead
West Hollywood, California
“Amateur”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Run by college kids who really don't know what they're doing. Front desk staff didn't seem to know much about the hotel or the rooms. (Conversation went like this: Does my room have a balcony? I'm not sure. Do you know which way it faces? Umm... Let me check.) Given the setting, this hotel should be spectacular but it's thoroughly underwhelming. Rooms were apparently renovated recently but still seem very dated. Bed was lumpy, linens worn and old. Lobby restaurant had unresponsive service and really lousy food. Room service has the same menu but prompt, friendly service. I wouldn't go back.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
San Diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW via mobile

Beautiful property with a lovely staff. Close to everything. We were upgraded to a room with a view of all the weekend weddings, which we enjoyed thoroughly. Ingrid in the bar and Reid at the front desk were especially helpful.

• Stayed November 2014
La Habra, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My wife and I came up here to relax from the pressures of our election (local school board: she won). We'd been up here a couple of times before with my mom for the Thanksgiving buffet, and had good memories.

The hotel was just like we remembered it: impeccable. No dirt or cobwebs in corners, nothing frayed or broken; totally first-class. The staff was friendly without being overbearing. Our room was on the second floor, actually lobby level. We had a decent-sized balcony with the zillion-dollar view of the lake; perfect for morning coffee and afternoon wine. The room furniture, carpet, bed clothes, towels--all first-rate.

We had lunch at the restaurant, Bin 189. The food is fresh, and very well prepared. Service is first rate, and your view of the lake is fantastic. My wife had the Chicken Caesar salad, and I had the tossed Cobb. And a superb martini.

For breakfast (since the very-generous portion size of the lunch left no room for dinner) my wife had one of the egg specialty dishes and I had the Arrowhead omelet. As with lunch, top-notch service, fresh and delicious food.

The worst part of the stay was that it wasn't longer. We're looking forward to coming back

Room Tip: They are all good. Ask for a lake view; mountain view overlooks the parking lot. Use their web page...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I am currently 7 months pregnant and my husband and I decided to take a nice weekend getaway to Lake Arrowhead. My husband booked us a room at the Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa. I will discuss the good, the bad, and the ugly...

The Good: The resort is located right on the lake and walking distance from the Village and local restaurants. The front lobby is nicely remodeled with plenty of cozy seating. The lobby also has a great little coffee shop which opens early in the morning. The coffee shop offers a variety of lattes and pasties and also serves as a mini convenient store. The hotel allowed us to check-in early; which made our day much easier. Overall, the hotel staff was friendly and polite.

The Bad: My husband and I were first placed in a room on the first floor with a lakeside view. The room was nice but freezing and set at 59 degrees. We soon realized that our heater did not work. We called the front desk for assistance and they sent maintenance to our room. Unfortunately, maintenance was unable to repair our heater and we were asked if we were willing to move. We agreed to move and they asked us to wait while they spoke to the front desk. We waited over 30 minutes before my husband called to inquire about our room change. The front desk agreed to move us but with no apologies for the inconvenience. We were then moved down the hall on the same side but received a room without a lakeside view. The room was slightly warmer but the thermometer would not go above 69 degrees.

The Ugly: My husband purchased me a pregnancy massage in the hotel's spa. The massage was nice but what annoyed me was the automatic 20% gratuity fee which was applied to my bill. The massage was good but not outstanding...definitely not worth a $28 tip. Oh well, shame on me for not reading the small print. The next morning we decided to eat at the hotel's restaurant. My husband ordered an omelet and I ordered two eggs over hard with chicken sausage (well done) and wheat toast. It took over 40 minutes to receive our food. And on top of it...my breakfast was all wrong. I'm pregnant...therefore; I'm restricted on what I can and cannot eat. My eggs were runny and my sausage was not well done. I was only able to eat the edges of my eggs and wheat toast.

Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Norm S, General Manager at Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Rosie T, Thank you so much for all your valued feedback. We have shared this information within our team. Every process put in place is aimed at providing you with an unforgettable hotel experience. From your recent feedback, I am disappointed to learn that we fell short of your expectations. I would like to take this time to apologize. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to serve you again whenever your travels bring you back to Lake Arrowhead.
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I attended a wedding in October. I booked a king lake view room and was pleased. I had an unobstructed view of the lake. I did not have a balcony with my room as I did not request it. Nice comfy king bed, couch and chair, desk, dresser, TV and closet it bathroom area. Bathroom was spacious, nice shampoos and soaps, and a roomy glass enclosed stand up shower. Coffee and coffee maker in room. The restaurant at the hotel has great food (I had nice breakfast and dinner) and the bar area is great with high and low tables and TVs. You can eat in the bar area (same menu as restaurant). The lobby is very spacious with lots of couches, tables and chars to relax. Hotel is within walking distance to the village which has nice places to shop and eat. We visited the last weekend of Octoberfest and were able to enjoy the Octoberfest festivities and food (highly recommend). The fitness room at the hotel is quite nice with plenty of cardio machines and weight machines. I would stay here again.....probably next Octoberfest.

Room Tip: If you plan to spend time in the room book a lake view room and probably one with a balcony
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Norm S, General Manager at Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear KrisEB,

Thank you for writing such fabulous comments regarding your last stay at the Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa. October is such a great month to attend a wedding in Lake Arrowhead. Please come see us again soon!

Norm Santos
Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa
San Bernardino, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My daughter recently got married here and it was absolutely gorgeous! She wanted an enchanted wedding and we couldn't have asked for more. The resort is beautiful and the staff were so helpful in every aspect of the wedding from the planning to the actual ceremony and reception. The bridal party had their hair and makeup done together at the hotel salon before the ceremony and looked stunning. The ceremony was held on the lawn overlooking the lake which made for gorgeous pictures. The reception was held in the Lakeview Room with a cozy fireplace and beautiful view of the lake. We received many compliments on the delicious dinner which was prepared by the hotel restaurant, Bin 189. We selected our DJ (Paid 2 Party), photographer (Greg Zook), and florist (La Jarden Florals) from a recommended list of venders provided by the resort. We were so pleased with everyone and can't say enough about the quality of their work and the way they all worked together with the resort staff to make it my daughter's dream wedding. Thank you to all of you! I highly recommend Lake Arrowhead Resort to anyone wanting a beautiful and enchanted place to get married :)

P.S. It's also a very nice place to stay for a vacation. The resort is right next to The Village, which is a cute place with shops and restaurants. It was perfect for all of our out of town guests.

Room Tip: Lakeview rooms include a balcony which is nice for the beautiful view, but the rooms are a little sm...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Hi Kathy,

Congratulations on your daughter's wedding and we are so glad you thoroughly enjoyed the memorable event. Thank you for recommending the Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa for both a vacation and a gorgeous location for a wedding. I have shared your comments with the entire staff and we are all very appreciative.

Norm Santos
Lake Arrowhead Resort and Staff
Boise, Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Went for wedding and had a very pleasant stay. Bed very comfortable, room quiet and clean with nice lake view. Probably the most unique furniture of any hotel we've visited. Well appointed bathroom. Service and staff friendly and prompt. Walking distance to really nice private trail that goes around the entire lake (see concierge for gate code). Overall beautiful location and nice stay.

Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!