“This place is for the dogs (in a good way)” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection

Save Saved
You added Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection to your Saves list
Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   27984 Highway 189, Lake Arrowhead, CA 92382   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #1 of 3 hotels in Lake Arrowhead
Los Angeles, California
“This place is for the dogs (in a good way)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We had the pleasure of staying here over Memorial Day with our 2 cavalier king Charles spaniel dogs. Overall, this is a great lake-front resort that is very dog-friendly. The resort itself exudes a feeling of an upscale camp. It still has the familiar features of a Marriott but it feels more rustic, so it’s a perfect blend of comfort and novelty. Every staff member we encountered was very friendly and professional. I’ve already recommended this resort to people who want to have a getaway with their dogs. It was really special to be able to sit lakeside with our 2 dogs, although they didn’t enjoy the water as much as other visiting pets. There are also plenty of hiking trails nearby and the main part of town is only a few blocks away.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

88 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Fredericksburg, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

Couldn't get to our (4!!!) rooms until after 7pm because they weren't ready due to late check outs. Really?
Food was very good, service was friendly. Public areas are nice. Views of the lake from the terrace are great. Front of hotel, pool and rooms are underwhelming.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Los Angeles
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Really just an average property. Front Desk Clerks forced to answer phones and multi task. Service for Lunch in restaurant took an hour (food was good though). Pontoon and Fishing Boat not available due to mechanical issues. Just too hectic of a pace for a resort property. All staff were nice but maxed out and stressed. Old Wing rooms are tired and dated. Don't pay for a "lake view" unless you are okay with a small partial lake view hidden between trees. Its really a lake peek. Lake Arrowhead is indeed beautiful but I expected more from a Marriott property.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Rented rooms for 14, however, when we checked in there were only beds for 13 & the hotel was booked up. So I being almost 70 got stuck on the sofa bed. A maid tossed a plastic bag in and disappeared. So at 10 pm I was forced to make the bed myself, however, most of what she gave me was the wrong size. There was no matress (a piece of thin foam) cover & the sofa bed, which was decades old, had wires and springs sticking out. After a miserable 3 hours I went to the lobby to request anything to sleep on @ 1 am. There was nobody there. A worker in the restaurant found a woman to bring to the front desk. She could only be described as a classic BFH with an attitude. A younger worker walked by and rescued me from her and offered to help. However all he could offer was was a pad for the mattress but there was nobody in the hotel that could that could install it. So I stayed awake all night. During the day slept in the lobby on various chairs. They promised to fix the sofa bed @ 11am. At 2 pm nothing had been done yet. They finally send down a maid who spoke no English and was completely clueless. Incompetant does not begin to describe her. She made the bed wrong 3 times before she got it right while we watched over her. I slammed my knee into a piece of metal sticking through the mattress. Now I am limping all over the place & can do very little. I am exhausted form no sleep for over 36 hours.
We tried the Bin restaurant for breakfast & as mentioned by other reviewers, the food was below average.
I have to admit that this is in the bottom 5 worst hotel stays of my life.
The good news is that tomorrow the 14 of us get to leave this hell hole.
We are all doctors & CEO's so this review was only written after what I consider the worst customer service I have ever run into.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I went there on a business trip for a sales meeting with my medical device co. The company spent a good amount to be there. Everything was just average or below average. The service was stretched very thin so they were simply annoyed. My room a wouldn't go below 72 degrees one night and we were there during 104 degree days. I was actually sweating all night. The carpets needed vacuuming. The carpet in my room had a big stain on it. Bathroom floor needed washing. Towels and sheets were scratchy. They put bottles of water in my room which I thought were complimentary but I was charged $2 a bottle. We weren't able to use the lake because it is a private lake belonging to the association and not the resort. Food was just ok. I cook better myself. It was just ok. The views were beautiful. People arriving on Fri. @ 3 to check in had to wait 2 plus hours for their rooms because they weren't ready. The Marriott co. needs to reorganize this property. Could have been so much better. Glad I wasn't paying for it. I dislike writing bad reviews but I also dislike not getting what you've paid for. I hope they make improvements.

• Stayed July 2014
Wiltshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

Stayed here for one night in room on pool level with balcony overlooking next door hotel and car park . The hotel is a lovely spot with views of the lake but we felt that the hotel suffered from a lack of attention to detail and professionalism. On arrival our room was not ready for an hour after it should have been. We were comped an appetiser and a round of drinks whilst we waited, which was nice but we were tired after a long drive.
Dinner in the restaurant was amateurish and chaotic. We were told we couldn't sit outside even though there were four or five free tables. Inside service was very slow, although it was half empty. The waitress apologised as clearly things weren't going well
We tried to book at the spa for the Sunday morning but were told it wasn't open. Given this is high season in July, this seemed most odd?
In the morning, I would expect to see room service plates cleared, and glasses left on the beach picked up.
Positives: location, bed very comfy, good toiletries, the management just need to concentrate on getting the details right.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Went here for anniversary trip. The area is beautiful and the hotel is well maintained. Had a room overlooking the lake, wonderful view. Small balcony with a high-top table with two chairs. The property looks older, but is well maintained. The restaurant on site was very good and quality /price was good. There is a private walk around the lake that you can access with a code given to you at the front desk. Would definitely go back again.

Room Tip: Get a room with a lake view
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!