“Love...LOVE this place!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection

You added Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection to your Saves list
Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Lake Arrowhead
Northbay
“Love...LOVE this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Fabulous hotel in an even more fabulous location! They made us feel so welcome when we were visiting our 3 grandchildren. Our room was beautiful and the lobby, pool and beach area outstanding. Thanks for the hospitality and great service.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Norm S, General Manager at Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Dear Cece4747,

Thank you for posting the fabulous comments regarding the Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa. I am glad you loved the lobby, pool and beach. Thank you for staying with us and please come see us again soon when you visit your grandchildren again!

Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

We have fallen in Love with Lake Arrowhead. The resort is the only Lake front resort in Lake Arrowhead. We have stayed there a few times over the past 3 years. Recently the Marriott took it over and I think it is improved although we loved it before as well. The service was good. I was worried at first because when I called the morning of our arrival I felt rushed and put off but when we arrived the front desk girls were sweet and very helpful. Melissa and I think there was a Courtney, anyhow very helpful. They were busy while we were there yet they were very accommodating at making sure our lake front room had a balcony (who knew that did not ALL have balcony's and what a shame as the view is BREATHTAKING! We asked for an upgrade and the next day they were able to move us to a suite. The suite was so beautiful but had some issues. The air conditioning did not work well in the bedroom and the TV was not working right. (we wanted to watch a movie at night and it wasn't working. The important part is though, that the staff they sent to help were so nice and tried their best to fix everything. The TV could not be fixed at that time and that was fine because of the nice attitude of everyone it was hard to get upset. we ordered room service that night (in anticipation of watching our movie..LOL) and the room service girl was the SWEETEST! I wish I could remember her name:( A couple of downsides - BREKFAST AT THE RESORT - YIKES...the blandest food (eggs totally over cooked, food cold and the SLOWEST (although polite) service. Not sure where the fall down is in that area. A good breakfast shouldn't be that hard. Lunch and dinner are good so I'm not sure of the problem. Suggestion - try the CEDAR CREEK INN for breakfast..WOW so good and inexpensive. Great!!!!!! The other down side is that check out is at 11am..one of the only hotels we have stayed in with a check out that early. usually it is noon. They were not accommodating on a late check out but they were sold out so I get it. All in all I recommend this property. I wish I had had a chance to try the spa. It looks fabulous! We are actually headed up there again tomorrow to celebrate a birthday and are hopeful for another good experience!! I also want to mention the Valet and Bell boys (Ron was one of them).. they were very nice and helpful, going out of their way with recommendations and directions and such! One more thing..try "THE MALT SHOP" that is the name of it..is it on the other side of town but well worth it. Old fashioned burgers and malts. Been around forever and has that 50's feel! SO GOOD!

Room Tip: LAKEFRONT WITH A BALCONY!!!!!! There can be trees blocking the view though so be aware of that.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Allymcd1,

It's great to hear that you have fallen in love with Lake Arrowhead. The mountains and surroundings are very peaceful and can make a great weekend getaway. I am so glad that Melissa and Courtney made your stay very pleasurable. I have shared your comments with our Executive Chef and are making constant improvements to enhance our breakfast choices. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to providing you with the highest level of quality and service for your next stay.

Riverside
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Had a great stay at the hotel. Jeff, the bartender was very helpful. Restful time in a beautiful location. The staff even brought champagne to our room as a gift for my wife's birthday. This was a good way to finish off our summer before work starts up again.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear AVIDguy,

I spoke to Jeff last night and told him about the great response you left about him. He was very excited to hear he left such a great impression. Thank you for letting us be a part of your wife's birthday celebration. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

I stay here two times a year when I take my son to camp which is about 10 minutes away and each time, the service is amazing, the food is perfect and the staff is awesome. Last time I was there, I left a VERY expensive wedding ring in the room and did not realize it until I returned home 3 days later. After speaking with Norm, the head of security, he and the head of Housekeeping inspected my room and they found it! They mailed it back to me in my home state over night and I had it the very next day! I could not believe how responsive and attentive they were to my needs both when I am there and when I had already left. I really am looking forward to returning, not only to pick up my son from camp, but to personally thank Norm for the gesture. In addition, the breathtaking views are always a refreshing pleasure.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Dear Laura R,

Thank you so much for the kind comments regarding your stay at the Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa. I am glad everything worked out with your ring. Thank you for staying with us and I hope your son had a great time at camp. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Thousand Oaks, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

The best thing this place has going for it is the lake itself. Otherwise, what a tremendously UNDERwhelming experience, from the valet parking (we had to ask for the ticket), to the lukewarm to mediocre service throughout the facility, and my personal favorite, the fact that our room wasn't cleaned or tended to until AFTER 6 pm on day 2 of our stay. Shame on you Marriott for not bringing this facility up to par with the rest of your properties. Our first and no doubt LAST time we book this dump. Our business is clearly better spent elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear ML,

Please accept my apologies on behalf of myself and the entire staff at the Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa. I am sorry you were not able to enjoy the resort as it was intended to be. I would like to personally handle your reservation the next time you are in the area. Please let me know when you will be back in the area.

Newport Beach, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

I would give this hotel 3 1/2, maybe even close to 4 stars. The location is ideal - just a short walk to town. The lobby is nice and the employees were all extremely friendly. The rooms are fine, 2 queen beds, fridge, etc. There is a pool and 2 hot tubs. They have a small little beach area with chairs. The restaurant was good. This hotel is not 5 star luxury, but it is the nicest around. Town has a few restaurants that are average at best. There is waterskiing also in town. There is an ATV rental at the hotel. Beware! the trails are treacherous and crowded. Not ideal for children who are beginners. We stayed 3 nights and the kids were getting bored by then. Would I come back? yes, this would be the spot to travel with kids. The hotel is full of children and dogs! Email me any questions.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Cheryl5418,

I shared your comments with the staff and they were all very appreciative of the kind remarks. I am glad we were able to make great memories for you and your family. Thank you for staying with us.

Oro Valley, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Beautiful area and hotel. The hotel has a beautiful views of the lake through the pine trees and a sand beach for lake sun bathing, swimming and boating. The restaurant has great food (managed by Peter) with a great outdoor 2nd story patio overlooking the lake. The hotel manager "Norm" has only your pleasure first in mind.

Room Tip: ask for the sky suite for best luxury comfort and best views. With elevation over 5000 ft it can get...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Jnol2354,

Thank you very much for the great comments you posted for your stay at Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa. I am glad you were able to enjoy the private beach and our Bin 189 restaurant.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa

Been to Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!