“Excellent in every way” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection

Save Saved
You added Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection to your Saves list
Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Lake Arrowhead
Austin, Texas
“Excellent in every way”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

I stay here two times a year when I take my son to camp which is about 10 minutes away and each time, the service is amazing, the food is perfect and the staff is awesome. Last time I was there, I left a VERY expensive wedding ring in the room and did not realize it until I returned home 3 days later. After speaking with Norm, the head of security, he and the head of Housekeeping inspected my room and they found it! They mailed it back to me in my home state over night and I had it the very next day! I could not believe how responsive and attentive they were to my needs both when I am there and when I had already left. I really am looking forward to returning, not only to pick up my son from camp, but to personally thank Norm for the gesture. In addition, the breathtaking views are always a refreshing pleasure.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Norm S, General Manager at Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Dear Laura R,

Thank you so much for the kind comments regarding your stay at the Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa. I am glad everything worked out with your ring. Thank you for staying with us and I hope your son had a great time at camp. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Thousand Oaks, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

The best thing this place has going for it is the lake itself. Otherwise, what a tremendously UNDERwhelming experience, from the valet parking (we had to ask for the ticket), to the lukewarm to mediocre service throughout the facility, and my personal favorite, the fact that our room wasn't cleaned or tended to until AFTER 6 pm on day 2 of our stay. Shame on you Marriott for not bringing this facility up to par with the rest of your properties. Our first and no doubt LAST time we book this dump. Our business is clearly better spent elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear ML,

Please accept my apologies on behalf of myself and the entire staff at the Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa. I am sorry you were not able to enjoy the resort as it was intended to be. I would like to personally handle your reservation the next time you are in the area. Please let me know when you will be back in the area.

Newport Beach, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

I would give this hotel 3 1/2, maybe even close to 4 stars. The location is ideal - just a short walk to town. The lobby is nice and the employees were all extremely friendly. The rooms are fine, 2 queen beds, fridge, etc. There is a pool and 2 hot tubs. They have a small little beach area with chairs. The restaurant was good. This hotel is not 5 star luxury, but it is the nicest around. Town has a few restaurants that are average at best. There is waterskiing also in town. There is an ATV rental at the hotel. Beware! the trails are treacherous and crowded. Not ideal for children who are beginners. We stayed 3 nights and the kids were getting bored by then. Would I come back? yes, this would be the spot to travel with kids. The hotel is full of children and dogs! Email me any questions.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Cheryl5418,

I shared your comments with the staff and they were all very appreciative of the kind remarks. I am glad we were able to make great memories for you and your family. Thank you for staying with us.

Oro Valley, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Beautiful area and hotel. The hotel has a beautiful views of the lake through the pine trees and a sand beach for lake sun bathing, swimming and boating. The restaurant has great food (managed by Peter) with a great outdoor 2nd story patio overlooking the lake. The hotel manager "Norm" has only your pleasure first in mind.

Room Tip: ask for the sky suite for best luxury comfort and best views. With elevation over 5000 ft it can get...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Jnol2354,

Thank you very much for the great comments you posted for your stay at Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa. I am glad you were able to enjoy the private beach and our Bin 189 restaurant.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Monterey, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Thanks to Reid ( the front desk person ) for a warm welcome and for checking us in early. We really appreciated. This is a gorgeous location and everything was great...We loved the beach down by the lake.....We swam and relaxed....Will go back.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Norm S, General Manager at Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Dear Gobethany,

It is great to hear that Reid was able to greet you with a warm welcome during your stay at the Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa. We can't agree with you more that the location is breathtaking and second to none. I am glad you were able to swim in the lake and relax. Next time you are in Lake Arrowhead, please come see us again soon.

Central Arizona, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

We were there for three nights. The ride up the mountain to the resort was a bit more difficult than I had expected with the frequent turns and single lanes for most of the way.

The second floor room was indeed noisy so we were changed to a third floor (top floor) room after the first night. Very nice front desk staff. We had one dinner at the hotel and it was a good meal but there weren't as many choices as I would have liked.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Hi Arthurs480,

Thank you for sharing the nice comment about the front desk. We are glad you were able to make the drive up the mountain and stay with us at the Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa.

Please come visit us again soon.

California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

We were looking for a quick getaway - looking for nature but also nice accomodations are were tired of Big Bear... found this place and what a score! It's really nice in a rustic town - and the customer service is what we were mostly impressed with. We had a mistake (on our part) with our reservation and the management was very kind and human about understanding it and really got out of their way to help us. BIG THANK YOU. That alone gives this place the 5 stars!
The location is perfect, center of everything yet secluded, walking distance to the village and restaurants, and this is huge plus: it has a nice small beach - this type of beaches were really hard to find in Lake Arrowhead in general. Our room had lake view, and it was great, we really felt we were somewhere else, far away from the city and into nature. Definitely recommend the destination...and if you do come here, stay at this hotel!

Room Tip: We got a lake view room and the view was fantastic. I think its worth the extra money, the views mak...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Good day Silvieincali,

The comments that you posted regarding your recent stay at Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa was shared with the entire staff. It's great to hear that we were able to provide you with 5 star service. I am glad you were able to enjoy the private beach and the view of the lake during your stay. Come see us again soon!

Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa

Been to Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!