“Spectacular Stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection

Save Saved
You added Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection to your Saves list
Booking.com Autograph Hotels
Free Parking
San Clemente, California
“Spectacular Stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Stayed two nights and loved it! Great room with a balcony that over looked the lake. I enjoyed my cup of coffee on my balcony and watched the sun rise. Truly an experience. Staff were friendly and more than accommodating! Can't wait to come back in the summer! Would have liked to have the beach look more inviting.

Room Tip: Pay for the lake view rooms, so spectacular!

35 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Preston, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Stayed here in April on the way back to Vegas; see below...

1. Fantastic location, hotel, staff, food, rooms etc
2. You must stay here
3. Got to go round the private lake with a multi millionaire in his boat to see all the properties owned by celebs........
4. Did I say how great it was.................

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the lake are best
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
miami, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Stayed one night at this Autograph Collection Property. As a Marriott Platinum for many years, I was expecting a great experience at this newly acquired property.

Good:

fantastic location/views of lake
free parking
close proximity to nearby stores/eateries
beautiful lobby
private hiking/running path at lake

Bad:
horrible insulation/noise issues in rooms
front desk
quality of rooms/maintenance/old decor

Marriott took over this property in past year and seems like a lot of staff newbies who lack training, particularly front desk. They skimped on renovations, baths partially updated, not much else has been done in rooms. A lot of $ spent on lobby/spa area. Unfortunately, room insulation is what you would encounter at a low end motel. No sound insulation between adjoing rooms whatsoever, lots of lobby noise as well.

Front desk issues: upon check in, requested an upgrade to an available suite was advised that hotel policy is only one level upgrade (in this case regular room with view). Unlike most Marriott properties I have stayed (800+ nights), this one made it a point to advise yes we have suite availability, but we won't upgrade you unless you pay $345 extra. This experience did not make me feel like a valued Marriott customer and I would not stay here again based on the service and noise issues.

On a positive note, Ingrid at Bin resturant was an outstanding server/edamane and drinks were very good.

Update: received an email from manager, Tiffany, apologizing; however, she never replied to my request that she clarify exactly what Lake Arrowhead Resort/Spa policy is when it comes to upgrades -- which leads me to conclude it will always be as described above. Management seems more concerned about immediate profits than Marriott brand and customer loyalty.

Room Tip: top floor/away from elevators and lobby, avoid adjoining rooms at all costs!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Norm S, General Manager at Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear Tigerfoods,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. It is very important to us that each of our guests leave Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa very delighted. To hear that your experience was anything less than a delight is a very serious matter to us all here. I have shared your concerns with the entire team and I am confident that going forward your challenges will not recur. I hope that when you are in the area again you will give us another try. I am sure that if you do, you will find this last experience was an anomaly and not the standard. Please feel free to contact me directly when the time comes so that I might personally ensure your stay is wonderful!
Redondo Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I discovered this place by chance and was not sure what to expect. I have lived in Southern California for years and have never been to Lake Arrowhead. This Resort completely exceeded my expectations! The lake is beatiful; the resort is beautiful; and the staff is wonderful!! The food at the restaurant was fantastic too. Also, I had one of the best massages in the spa that I have had in years. My two young sons and husband loved it too. It is high-end, but not stuffy. We are going back this Summer! I highly recommend it!

Room Tip: Ask for a lake view room. The suites are amazing too.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Norm S, General Manager at Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear Cynthia,

Thank you for your feedback of your stay, we were glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay at our Resort and we have passed on your compliments to our Bin189 and Spa staff. Thank you for being our guest and we can’t wait to see you again!
Corona, California, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I want to start off with stating that the hotel front desk staff, concierge, and valet were exceptional. So the remainder of this review is very hard to write. First, the room we stayed in was not worth $250+ per night and we did not have a good experience. We were in room 201. The bathroom floor was dirty and the back of the sink had not been cleaned. The king mattress was lumpy and leaned to one side so it was uncomfortable. Nothing like the fear of falling out of bed to ruin your sleep. We thought that it would be a peaceful stay but there was a reception in the room next to us and people could see into our room from the reception area. There were a lot of children and day and evening we heard the children running and screaming. Considering we went to relax this was a disappointment.

Also, during a trip to the steam room my elderly companion fell and cut his foot and arm. He tripped going into the steam room. He did advise the spa staff that he thought that he was okay and they gave him two bandaids that did not nearly cover the cut on his arm. He really needed something more than bandaids.

Room Tip: If you are going to relax pick another hotel.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Maria Z,

Thank you for your kind words regarding our staff. I am very sorry that your stay was less than satisfactory and that you weren't able to enjoy the Resort as you should have. I can certainly understand your disappointment. I would love to discuss this with you further.

Your comments were shared with our team so that we can handle these types of situations more efficiently. I do hope you give us another chance and come back soon to enjoy the Lake Arrowhead resort and Spa experience as it should be.

Thank you for keeping us informed and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I discovered this place by accident while looking for a place to stay in Big Bear. We got the special rate for 2 nights (thanks Marriott!) and was given a room with a balcony that overlooked the pool and decent view of the lake. With the special rate, I was expecting parking lot view. Front desk and valet staff were extremely friendly (made me generous about tipping..lol) and treated us better than we're used to. The room looked very clean and smelled good. The sheets were nice which really helped us sleep great. Because of the overall feel of the hotel and the area we were in the great mood the whole 3 days. Our son and daughter did not have a single fight (we didn't think that was possible).

So anyways, the pool was heated just right at around 75F and crystal clear. The beach was nice but totally not swimmable. This is April anyway but it was warm enough outside to hang out at the beach and take a nap.

We had breakfast at the inhouse restaurant Bin 189. Food was great also pricey and place was not crowded at all.

It was well within walking distance of the village which was nice. I could go on and on but bottom line we will be back! Hopefully soon get the same room.

Room Tip: If you've never been to Lake Arrowood be prepared for the treacherous drive up and down the moun...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Norm S, General Manager at Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Thank you for choosing our Resort and posting such great and informative comments about Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa. We pride ourselves in being a boutique Resort that is able to cater to our guests’ needs. We were happy to hear you were comfortable during your stay and able to enjoy the Bin189 and the Village. Thank you for being our guest and we hope to see you soon.
Hereford, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Only stayed for the one night on our travels, would have liked to stay longer.
Welcoming staff. Spacious and fully equipped room with big comfortable bed.
Lovely views of the lake and quiet.....good value for money

Room Tip: We had a lake view, which was beautiful...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Lynda B.!

We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa! We hope to see you again when you can stay with us a little longer. See you soon!

Been to Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!