“Great Stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection

Save Saved
You added Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection to your Saves list
Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection
Ranked #2 of 3 hotels in Lake Arrowhead
Seattle
“Great Stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

My husband and I just returned from this hotel and really love it!

We were looking for a short getaway where we could bring our dog. However, most dog friendly hotels are not 4 stars so the search is always challenging. Well, we found our pet friendly spot!!

The lobby is very beautiful, the rooms well furnished. The bed was incredibly comfortable.

We got a mid-week deal and so the rate evn with resort and pet fee (not bad at $25) was still a great deal. We drove to dinner at The grill at Antlers Inn which I would highly recommend. I'd also recommend paying for the lake view side... Our pup sat on the balcony watching birds, squirrels and listening to the lake...dog heaven.

Pool was heated but still pretty cold outside... Hot tub was nice.

The only negative was the quality of the room service coffee. We ordered a carafe but didn't drink it. However when we told the hotel they said no problem and refunded the charge.

Great hotel and staff. We will be back!

Room Tip: Lake view!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Tracy S, Front Office Manager at Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Greetings Travel_Obessed,

Thank you so much for your responds it’s great to hear about your stay with us and hope to see you back real soon. It’s nice to know not only you and your husband enjoyed the hotel but your pup also..

Again thank you for staying with us and let us know when you’re in the area.

103 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

Was really excited to get away after weeks of a grueling schedule. Booked a "corner suite" at $650 a night - wanted a romantic experience - fireplace, suite, snow - what more could you ask for? $650 per night is really really steep for this room. I'll gladly pay the rate if the hotel gives you a great experience. They have definitely come in and remodeled the place, but it is still an older property and they miss the mark on giving you that high end experience that I expect for a high end price. I know this sounds picky, but for goodness sakes, can you please afford real creamer and sweetener for my morning coffee instead of the "motel 6" packages of powered cream/sugar/stir stick?

What really cut the trip short was the noise. A quiet corner suite - fireplace - and the 10,000 elephants that must have been staying in the room above me - it was non-stop stomping from check-in to 9:30 pm, and again first thing at 7:30 in the morning. Stomp - Stomp - Stomp. I did call front desk 3 times, and 3 times they claim they asked the zoo upstairs to keep it down - didn't help. I don't fault the hotel entirely, it's just an older property and you can't help but hear every noise and stomp from above. Kudos to front desk when the next morning I told them I was cutting my 2 night romantic trip short and checking out early - they did offer a 15% discount, bringing the room rate down to $550. Beds were comfy - as soon as the noise stopped from above I did have a good night's sleep. I also don't get the suite layout - there is a wet-bar, ice maker, small fridge, and a dining room table large enough to entertain the entire Olympic ski team. All in all, a nice property but I will never return. A little steep for the experience and there are so many other hotels I'd rather give my money to.

Room Tip: Don't see the value of the corner "suites"
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Tracy S, Manager at Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, March 2, 2014
Hi Diana C!

I really appreciate your taking the time to share your disappointment with your recent stay. We apologize that the loud noise above your room that interfered with your quiet getaway. Our goal is to exceed our guest expectations. Please except out apologies. If you would like to discuss this matter further, please feel free to contact us directly or respond to my previous email sent to you personally.

We look forward to your response.
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

I came here during Memorial Day weekend for my birthday and surprisingly got a really good rate considering it was a holiday. The scenery from our balcony was beautiful. The rooms were very spacious and clean as well as the pool (which was heated! YAY!) and spa. We walked a short distance into town and they had a live band playing which was fun and there were plenty of great little places to eat. All in all, we had a wonderful time and would definitely return again! ....Probably in the summer when it's a bit warmer so we can enjoy the lake.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi Heather!

Thank you so much for the positive feedback! Much appreciated! We are so glad to hear that your stay was so fabulous. Our goal is to deliver an exceptional experience. We look forward to seeing you this summer!
Carlsbad, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

I read a few negative reviews about this hotel and was a bit dubious. I am sure the reviewers probably did have a negative experience but may have been too picky at the same time.
The hotel is set right on the lake and all of the lakeside rooms have a really good view. The rooms are clean and spacious but slightly dated and the beds are extremely comfortable.
The aspect that really made my stay really special was the warmth and friendliness of the staff. From the first welcome by the pair of Reid and Patrick, the ease of checking in and the zero hassle of bringing both the dog and new born baby to Jeff in the bar making you feel welcome and staying attentive.
The village is a little touristy but worth a visit. We ventured out into the woods for a couple of hikes that were recommended by staff.
We did eat a couple of meals at the Bin 189 restaurant. The food is ok but not great but once again made better by the staff.
On checking out I had a great conversation with Sandra and loved it when she came around the counter to make a fuss of the dog.
I am sorry for those who had a bad experience as we really loved it.
Yes we will be back and will probably bring friends too.

Room Tip: Lakeside rooms have a stunning view. (worth the extra expense)
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Tracy S, Front Office Manager at Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Greetings sirkeven1967

Thank you very much for your review, we are so glad you had a great time at our resort and thank you for the nice comments about our staff. We are very proud of the staff here and take pride in knowing that our team members made a difference for you.
Once again thank you for staying with us and look forward to seeing you and your family again.
Gullane, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

We chose this hotel because we wanted to take our family skiing at Snow Valley, 20 minutes away, and because my wife prefers not to ski, so she wanted to be somewhere she could do things while the rest of us were skiing. The hotel fulfilled all our expectations bar one - we found the dining prices very high, and therefore did not eat in, though my wife did try breakfast one morning, but was unimpressed. I think they've missed a trick on the food, because the bar prices were very reasonable, and the service was excellent, from check in to the bell boys. Our room, overlooking the lake, was everything we could hope for, with a small balcony and an excellent bed - its only drawback being that it was a very long walk from the lobby! Some reviews are highly critical of the prices, but they should remember that it costs a great deal to bring everything to a resort 5000 feet above sea level. There is a lovely outdoor pool, with a large terrace. Although the pool was not heated, it was warm enough to swim in, and there is an excellent spa, with a great gym, jacuzzi and steam room, all of which can be used free of charge by guests. The spa treatments did seem a bit pricey. The hotel is also very close to Lake Arrowhead Village, so you can easily walk to the shops and restaurants. We ate dinner at the Arrowhead Bar (Thai and Sushi), and at Woody's Boathouse Grill, bot of which were excellent with huge portions.

Room Tip: If you can afford it, go for a lake view room, and ask not to be too far from the lobby - best views...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Tracy S, Manager at Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Greetings ericmyra,

We appreciate you taking the time to give your feedback regarding your stay with us at Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa. We are extremely happy that you enjoyed your time here. Hopefully we will see you again when you are in town.
Again thank you very much for staying with us.

Tracy S
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

First time in Lake Arrowhead, very nice area.
The hotel is nicely located, right by the lake, and it is well appointed with nice and clean accommodations. The gym and the spa are nice and clean as well.
The staff is very friendly - special thanks to Heid (or Heidi?) at the front desk, she is professional, helpful and friendly! In fact, everywhere I went in Lake Arrowhead, I had this nice welcoming vibe, which is great and makes me want to return there (despite the winding road to get there!).
Unfortunately, what brings the overall rating down is the imbalance between what you pay for and what you get. I found the rates to be very high (as it seems, hotels in that area are not reasonably priced whatsoever). For such high rates, it would be nice to have a bathtub in the room. Also, the food at the restaurant should be more tasty. I did not dine in, just drinks + dessert (not an awe moment) and breakfast (very disappointing). Both the breakfast buffet and a la carte food were mediocre, tasted like premade, premixed food, coming straight from the box - which is sub-par for a hotel in that category and at that rate.
I would stay here again if I got promotional rates, but not again for $270/night.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Tracy S, Front Office Manager at Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Greetings KTITI,

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your staying here at the Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa. We take your comments seriously and will analyze what you said. We do hope to see you back at the Resort in the future.

Tracy
Unknown
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

I purchased a travelzoo voucher and took a chance on the Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa.

What a beautiful hotel! From the moment we stepped into the lobby, we were greeted very nicely by the front desk. The gentlemen, Matt, who took our bags to our rooms was extremely nice and helpful. We also had taken a pet with us on our stay and the hotel was very accommodating and pet friendly.

We had asked for a lake view room and although the view was obstructed a bit by the trees, it was beautiful to wake up to.

The only thing that is so surprising about the hotel was that the restaurant was absurdly sub par for a resort hotel. Even though the restaurant was empty on a Friday night, the hostess sat us at the smallest table which could not hold more than 2 plates. We asked to be moved to a bigger table. The service nor food were very good. No bread served to our table although bread was served at other tables. The waitress did not seem very friendly. Overall the restaurant is a big bruise for such a wonderful hotel.

I would come here again but would stay away from the restaurant.

• Stayed January 2014
Tracy S, Front Office Manager at Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Greetings Travelingnome,

Thank you for staying with us and we appreciate your comments, we are happy that our staff helped make your stay wonderful. Let us know when you are back in Lake Arrowhead.

Tracy

Been to Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!