Stayed here for two nights in early Nov 2013 weekend with wife and dog.
1. Fantastic scenery both in the hotel and around it at the lakeshore in San Bernardino Mountains. Hotel lobby looks like a fairy tale lodge and is definitely the highlight of this property
2. Even though it is a resort with overpriced spa and other typical resort price-gouging features, it does allow pets in a separate wing of the hotel. It is totally clean even though pets are allowed almost anywhere. Our shorty jack russell loved sitting next to us on the couch in the lobby in front of the fireplace.
3. Great access to the lake, has its own little beach. It is also close to the only shopping / dining area on the lake, so it does have decent and affordable dining choices near by (walking distance). It must be gorgeous during the winter months here, although the outside scenery was gorgeous even on a snowless autumn weekend
1. No benefits for any Marriott elites, if one does not count a contractual obligation to Platinums to offer $10 resort credit or 500 Marriott points; since they call themselves a resort, no free breakfast for Golds or Platinums is offered
2. Extremely thin walls make you hear every dog yelp or human word spoken in nearby rooms
3. Lake is "private" for residents only, so, in summer months, don't count on using it in any way other than for viewing and walking around it in limited spaces where that is allowed
4. Maintenance staff is clueless about dosages of spa chemicals, leaving one of the spas completely green and foamy for a full day of our stay
5. Front desk staff unresponsive and rude when I asked for check-out bill correction, since we were charged for a service we have not used
Glad to see the first Marriott property in a Southern California ski area. However, this is NOT a property that should charge rates similar to Ritz's when they do not offer the level of service or amenities of a high end hotel. Staff re-training on all levels and functions urgently required.
Always look for lakeview rooms. With parking lot view rooms, you're better off in one of the bed...
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.