“Perfect place for a wedding!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection

Save Saved
You added Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection to your Saves list
Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   27984 Highway 189, Lake Arrowhead, CA 92382   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Lake Arrowhead
CA
“Perfect place for a wedding!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

It was our first time there and we were impressed. The staff is professional and friendly. Rooms are fancy and come with his and hers robes. Very expensive but worth it. The wedding was beautiful!
Dinner is a bit pricey. We ate breakfast there one day and it was good. There is a BelgianWaffle
House in the village near Mcdonalds with more reasonable prices and yummy waffles.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Fontana, California, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

Have never stay here before and was looking forward to it. 2 days of rest and relaxation. The hotel was very nice inside but the employees at the front desk put me off the moment I walked in. I was given a cave of a room with no opening windows and a view of the parking lot. It was horrible and I asked to change. Received a nice room with a view of the lake for $40 more per night. Wasn't enough to pay $338 a night and get a cave room. Front desk was not polite and apologetic for the crappy room. Couldn't eat dinner at the bin restaurant because it required reservations. People staying at the hotel should be allowed to dine without the reservations because there isn't much else around there. At this price we should have been treated better. This resort was a huge disappointment and I'm mnot likely to return. Marriot should look into keeping it as a signature hotel. Take a look at the Tucsan Star Pass Marruiot, you may learn something...they treat all guests very well.

Room Tip: Ask for a lake or mountain view. Parking lot is not pleasent.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Tracy S, Manager at Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
First thank you for your feedback on your stay with us on your last visit. We apologize for the problems you faced with our staff, I am very shocked to hear that some of our team was below your expectations. We usually get great responses back from our guests and we certainly will address your concerns and work on making sure this will not happen again. Also to address your concerns of the restaurant, due to the popularity of the Bin 189 and the limited options for additional places to eat up here, we do require reservations on Weekends and Holidays to properly serve our Bin 189 guest.
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

I stay here every year for a conference for the past several years, and I have watched the hotel get worse every time I stay. For some reason, the hotel keeps wiping out all of the negative reviews on TripAdvisor, so I will post a review of my last stay in recently as September, 2013, but the review also applies to my experiences in years past.
I have noticed the following problems at the hotel:
Many room service trays with dirty dishes left in the hallways for a full day. I have seen housekeeping staff members walk by the piles of dirty dishes and do nothing. This always disgusts me. I don't need to see half-eaten food on the floor in the hallway. I have no idea why the staff ignores this problem. It's very easy to pick up a tray while walking through the hallway and bring it back to the kitchen. Most hotels have room service, and I have never seen the problem this bad anywhere else. It must be something unique to the staff here.
The font desk is chronically understaffed, especially during check in and check out times for large conferences. The line to check in or check out stretched through the lobby, and regular hotel guests had to wait in the long line of conference members. On my last stay, my room key stopped working at night and I was unable to get into my room. I went to the front desk, but nobody was there, and I had to wander around the first floor looking for a staff member just to get back into my room. There should be at least one person at the front desk at all times, especially when there is a large conference at the hotel.
Overall bad staff attitude. It's hard to get the front desk staff to care about genuine problems.
A few positives: The spa and gym are very nice. The locker room facilities are especially nice for a hotel, with steam rooms and large jacuzzis.
The outdoor pool area is also nice, especially on a warm summer day or in the jacuzzi on cold fall or winter night.
The location is nice, and if you can get a room with a lake view, you will be impressed.
The rooms themselves are on the small side, but cozy. The beds are some of my favorite hotel beds I have slept on.
The bottom line is that the staff here simply does not have customer service in mind. This is evident on all levels of staff, from the front desk to room service and cleaning staff. It's not that hard to put a little effort into having a positive attitude and caring about the appearance of the hotel, but the staff haven't figured out how to do that.
I hope the hotel management reads this review and has a serious discussion with the staff.

Room Tip: Lake views are worth it.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Tracy S, Manager at Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Grettings,

Thank you very much for your feedback and continued patonage to lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa. We sincerly apologize for your last experience here at the hotel and take your review very serious. We are striving to ensure that all our guest have a wonderful experince at our hotel and if if for some reason that does not happen we take your comments to heart and work to correct the issues. Whe the hotel became a Marriott Autograph on september 30th and all reviews prior to that were removed by Trip Advisor. Once again we are working to take care of the issues you have encountered and we look foward to your return.
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

I read what other wrote in the some of their reviews with negative comments and I'm wondering if they stayed somewhere else.

My wife and I just had a wonderful stay here and we can’t wait for our next stay later this month when we bring up the whole family.

The entire hotel is amazing, well maintained and will quickly become a great place for us to escape to in the mountains. Everything from the beautiful lobby to a delicious romantic dinner at BIN189 made the entire experience one that really recharged us in 24 hours.

As a Platinum Marriott member who visits many locations, I highly recommend this as one of the best!

Room Tip: Definitely get a lake view room.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

Beautiful views, make sure you have a room overlooking the Lake and NOT the car park. Hotel now part of Marriott chain but STILL pet friendly. Great bar and staff. Breakfast on the patio overlooking the water is a must although they could do with a coffee shop offering alternative food as not everone wants a fancy meal in the restaurant.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Chino, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Every time my husband and I have stayed at the resort it has been nothing short of wonderful. In fact, I am always recommending the resort to my friends and family. That's why I was surprised at the issues we had on our recent stay 10/12/13. So much so that I even emailed the resort, but they didn't care to respond to me.

We came for my husbands birthday, but I don't think the person I reserved with noted that because no acknowledgement was made while we were there when most hotels I stay at do something special. We arrived after 3:30, but the room was not ready and I don't believe it was noted we needed a dog friendly room. That may have been the cause of the check in delay. When we got to our room the maid was still there finishing up the room. In the morning we noticed we were still missing a few additional items that were no big deal. I also noticed the minibar has been removed. That was weird. Overall, we were pleased with the room and even had an unexpected partial lake view.

The restaurant is not dog friendly so we went elsewhere for dinner, but ordered a room service desert & coffee to be served to us in the lobby. That part went very well and was delicious! However, breakfast did not go as well. I ordered two Breakfasts and one with hash browns extra crispy. The potatoes were burnt all the way through. They did not bring butter for the toast or salt & pepper for the tasteless eggs. When I called room service to bring those items the girl that answered said, "I will bring them as soon as I can. I have another order right now." I explained that my food would be cold by then, but she offered no other option then to wait. I said forget it and hung up very frustrated. I ate my bacon because it was good and tiny bit of my other food before I lost my appetite. Next time I will order breakfast To Go from somewhere else if I have my dog with me. The service was shockingly poor that morning and the food was mediocre, at best!

Check out was also long. Even though I told the man at check in that I had a Living Social deal for my stay, he did not ask for the voucher. I assumed because I gave the reservation clerk the information that they did not need it again. I assumed wrong. That delayed our check out, although it was resolved satisfactory in the end. Also, the two ladies that helped us check-out were very kind and apologetic, so I do thank them for their courtesy. Oh, and I have no idea why they have a keyboard at the guest computer that is in FRENCH!! That made it difficult to use. They really should change that.

As a side note, I know they have no control over their guests but my sleep was interrupted on several occasions by drunk, loud wedding party goers in and out of the room next door and I swear the person above us had a pet elephant or lead shoes. However, we usually stay on a high floor. This is the first time with our dog (maybe the last). I notice they have no special amenities for dogs anyway.

Although these may seem like small things, they did affect our overall experience at the resort. There are still a lot of wonderful things about the resort that make me want to return, but I feel like maybe a bit more training or help is needed to resolve some of these issues in the future. I hope that the Marriott taking over has not affected the personal touches and charm of the resort we had come to love over the years.

Room Tip: Stay on an upper floor if you don't have a dog with you to avoid noise from anyone above. The b...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Irvine, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

I was disappointed that we were not advised that we were put in a pet friendly room. I didn't know until I heard the dog barking in the adjacent room. When I called the front desk to inquire I was told that we were in the pet wing. When I expressed my surprise that I wasn't advised and that I find that there are issues such as cleanliness due to pet "accidents", barking, allergies associated with dander and fur, I was not offered another room or any other compensation.
I also heard the creaking floor when the occupants above walked.
Being a Marriott Platinum Elite member, we are accustomed to better service from a Marriott associated hotel.
The hotel is situated by the lake with lovely views (if you don't get the parking lot view) and a nice lobby.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!