“Snow Storm Retreat!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 13 Lake Arrowhead B&B and Inns
anaheim
“Snow Storm Retreat!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2010

Needed a place to stay since it was too snowy to reach our cabin! Even though sparsely staffed due to the huge storm, we received great, friendly service. The owner was even there to work the bar and make dinner for the guests. Room was clean, small and cozy. Loved the fireplace and whirlpool tub for two. Great location in town.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2010

The hotel is not that bad, but it's expensive for what it offers. I had a comfortable cottage. Excellent bed, very silent, NO SMOKING, and the convenience of a 7-Eleven just 50 steps away, inside the hotel's property. The problem is, for an expensive price (I don't know if I can talk about price here, but it wasn't a bargain, I assure you), I could have a LCD TV instead of a 20" CRT in the bedroom, and a bathtub that could always have hot water - after halfway full, the water comes cold - at least in that room. The city lacks a lot of options for fun, and the hotel doesn't offer pool or billiards, for example. It's just the room (cottage) and parking lot.

However, the location is the best possible. Too bad the city doesn't seem to be projected for pedestrians - you need a car to go everywhere, and that's annoying. There are only sidewalks in some parts, and in most of the time you have to walk among the cars. The hotel is one of the closest to the Village, a mall that holds most of the city's attractions.

There's also a restaurant, and that one's perfect. I would give a 5-star rating for that. Excellent service, ambiance and food - also expensive, but excellent quality.

I can say I had a good time in this hotel. I wouldn't spoil my days there because of these imperfections, but for that price, I should have had a better service.

It's a good place. The attendants were excellent - always very polite ad ready to help. It could actually offer more for the price charged, but I wouldn't say it's not a good option because of that.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2010

I stayed here June 13-18 and liked it so much that I rearranged my travel plans, cut short my scheduled time at Southern California beach areas, and returned here June 27-30. I had a lovely one-bedroom cottage the first stay, and a different but equally lovely one-bedroom cottage the second stay. Each cottage had a large living room with a cozy gas fireplace, comfy sofa and dining room table that seated four. The king-size bed in the separate bedroom was very comfortable and I slept soundly each night. The double size jacuzzi was wonderful. It was in a lovely forested setting just a few steps from the Lake Arrowhead village. Everyone who worked there was friendly and helpful. Housekeeping kept the cottage immaculate. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay, and would highly recommend it to others.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
Orange Couty,CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2010

The staff was extremely friendly and knowlegeable/helpful planning our daily excursions. While the restaraunt only offers a limited selection on their dinner menu the meal was five stars all the way; service, presentation, flavor and pricing. We stayed in a quaint cabin style cottage which was comfortable and enjoyable.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
Oceanside
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2010

Went with the whole family on New Year's Eve, expensive..... expecting more nicer not too clean. I'ts no big deal!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2009

Well, talk about a step back in time, the rustic Saddleback Inn is a delightful compound in Lake Arrowhead with historical grounds and buildings. The staff are so friendly it feels like this could be a home away from home to balance the craziness of Los Angeles every now and then. Don't think slick or homogenized... this is the real thing lovingly updated to a cross between lodge and summer camp.
The Saddleback Grill reopened two weeks ago with a new chef who presented delectable food beautifully. The steak was one of the best I have ever tasted and the pork chop lives up to it's reputation... with a pear sauce to die for. The lemon cake did not disappoint, either, reminiscent of key lime pie.
The king-sized be had a foam top which made this very picky person quite comfortable, I slept like a rock.
So, pack the bags, get away, breathe some of that mountain air and find your new favorite place in Lake Arrowhead.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Covina, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2009

My husband made the reservations for our 25th anniversary. It wasn't Hawaii, but I was thrilled that he made the effort to surpise me. We arrived and the people at the front desk seemed to know who we were. Greeted us with a big congratulations and were very helpful with any questions we had. The rooms were rustic but what do you expect when in the mountains? The bathroom was heaven! The jacuzzi tub has made me want to go back again and again. Sooo relaxing. A glass of champagne, some bubbles, candles, great! The restaurant was good but a little to gourmet for us. Plenty of other choices in the village. There is a farmers market on Fri night ( at least when we were there) and a free concert on Sat. night. We are going back this weekend for my husbands birthday. I surprised him this time.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Saddleback Inn? Share your experiences!