“no bad points at all” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 13 Lake Arrowhead B&B and Inns
Carnoustie
“no bad points at all”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

Of all the hotels we stayed at on our 3 week tour of California , this one was the best value , quietest and biggest suite. The large Jacuzzi was perfect for a relaxing soak after a long drive from Ventura , Their restaurant , while having a limited menu , had well cooked food at very reasonable prices . Arrowhead and the Saddleback Inn were one of the high points of our holiday and I would highly recommend both to anyone touring California .

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

90 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
El Monte, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2011

I wasn't crazy about the view of the parking lot and 7eleven. Otherwise the room was nice... I mean we did get one of the cheaper ones, so what more can I say... we liked the big jaccuzzi bathtub and the fireplace. And it was fairly clean... but not spotless (strand of hair stuck to the bathroom wall). We were in the main building and I think we must've been right above the kitchen because the hallway wreaked of fish and it seeped into the room a little. Next time I'll request a room that's not in the main building and away from the main street... I like a little more seclusion, and fresh air.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2011

We spent one night her after reading on Tripadvisor. We stayed in the main lodge on the second floor. The bed was comfortable and the room & bath were clean. A couple of small things that could be improved on we thought. It would be nice to have a more comfortable chair or two in the room for reading. The chairs provided were ok, but not for relaxing at all. The bath products could be improved upon. The toilet paper was softer than the kleenex provided. We did get a really good price on the room as they were running a special for June. If the main hotel was very crowded I think the rooms and hallways would probably be pretty noisy. We would like to try a cabin when we return. They were not available on our visit. Over all a good stay and the staff are very cordial, friendly and helpful.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Big Bear Lake, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2011

I am a local (Big Bear) but we drive to Lake Arrowhead just to have dinner! It is so very pretty, the owners are great and the food is wonderful. Try the steak or shrimp, or really anything! I have never had a bad meal! Try it, you will enjoy everything!

Helen P

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Corona, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2011

I would recommend this place to anyone. Great service, wonderful people, and phenomenal food. We came up on a weekend only to be stuck in the biggest storm of the decade. We stayed in a cabin outside the main building. The grounds were covered in snow but what we could see, was beautiful. Very well kept. Our Jacuzzi bathtub was amazing! We spent most of our time there (minds out of the gutter). We ate at the restaurant both nights and had wonderful food. The service was excellent, everyone was very nice. We ventured out one day for lunch at the Village Resort and we were thoroughly disappointed in the service and food there as opposed to that of the Saddleback Inn. I would recommend this place if you want a bed and breakfast feel with the privacy of a hotel chain. Lovely place! We will definitely go back.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Chino, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2011

I was really looking forward to styaing at Saddleback ever since we stopped by months earlier to check it out. At the time no rooms were available for us to look at so they were nice enough to give us half off coupons to come back and stay. The location is walking distance to the village, and my husband really wanted to stay in a cabin. Although I really liked the nearby Resort we stayed at previously, I wanted to try out the cabins. We couldn't beat the rate of $81 a night for Valentine's day and the restaurant was open that night. So we booked two nights and a dinner reservation. The dinner was fabulous, and the room was decent. I loved the fireplace by the bed, but didn't like that it was on a 30 min. timer that we kept having to get up and turn back on. There was a heater, but it made a horrible knocking noise all night and the bed was hard as a rock. I didn't sleep much at all. When I explained the problem to the front desk they were very accomodating and moved us to a larger, two story suite at no extra cost. The suite was unusual with the large bathroom downstairs and the smaller one upstairs with the bedroom. The tiles in the shower were broken around the drain, but the heater was silent so I was happy with the switch. The fireplace had a 60 min timer in the suite but it was downstairs and not in the bedroom as I hoped. I would have slept well if it wasn't for the alarm on the bedside clock going off at midnight. It must have been left on before we got there as we never touched it. It took forever to fall back asleep and again the bed was too hard. To be fair I am use to staying places with certain amenities that Saddleback didn't have. I like slippers and robes, comfy beds and linens, a coffee pot in the room, modern decor and newer TV's. Saddleback did not have any of these things. The TV in the first room was ancient, but the suite had a flat screen TV. The shampoo and soap bars were really tiny, the toilet paper and kleenex was very low quality, the bed was too hard, the decore was older but probably to keep in theme with the age of the Inn. Just minor things that may not affect someone else. The scenery and location are fantastic. The employees are the nicest people anywhere and the half off rate was great. I wish I could say I loved it, but I didn't like it as much as I wanted to. When we return to Arrowhead I will probably convince my husband to stay at the Resort instead, but my dinners will absolutly be at Saddleback Inn Restaurant! If you don't mind the little things then you should deffinatly give Saddleback Inn a try.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2010

We were looking to spend a few days away from home in the local mountains over Christmas. We wanted to take the whole family (including our dog) and used TripAdvisor to find a nice pet friendly place. We selected the Saddleback Inn based on other members reviews. Although, the reviews were mixed for the Saddleback Inn most negative inputs were about price (supply and demand factor in here). Believe the positive reviews! We had a one bedroom cottage with king bed upstairs and nice living area down (with pull-out bed). The room was very nice with plenty of room, my daughter insisted on bringing a 5 foot Christmas tree (along with other decorations) which I told would never fit. Well it did and looked great next to the staircase. Norman Rockwell couldn’t have painted a nicer picture. The staff was great, giving us a small gift at check-in; they even gave our dog a special gift. Karen at the desk was super friendly and made sure we knew that if we needed anything “just ask”. This Inn is not the Ritz, but it has charm that no corporate chain I ever stayed at has. Give it a try.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family

Been to Saddleback Inn? Share your experiences!