We have taken the family to the conference center twice for Family Holiday Getaways, once in 2010 and again in 2012. Their Holiday Getaways are excellent, the best for family fun - I highly recommend them. The reasons why are as follows:
1) Complete Getaway from everyday life - The first thing I noticed about the condolets is that they don't have a TV in them. This is by design as the objective of the stay is to foster family time. They also discourage the use of cell phones and computers (although they do offer Wi-Fi).
2) Excellent Family Programming - The activities for your stay are all careful planned and coordinated by the Center's staff. Two hours after check-in the kids are introduced to their counselors and fellow campers (organized by ages), where they do the initial activities and introductions. Every day the kids group meet after breakfast to do activities ranging from arts and crafts, outdoor activities and off site trips (for the older campers). The kids would meet with their families for lunch and dinner. In addition the center holds a family movie night, a bingo night and sporting event watching events.
3) Outstanding Facilities - Families stay in two story condolets that give the feel of being on a log cabin. The condolets are spacious and comfortable and include a fireplace with firewood. The condolets were extremely clean. The housekeeping makes the beds and cleans the bathrooms daily. The facilities include a tennis court, basketball court, pool, gym, sauna, trails, zen deck and kids playground (during the summer they have more outdoor facilities available). In addition the main lodge includes a dinning room, plenty of lounge areas, an "honor" bar, as well as a center hall that is used for activities.
4) World Class Dining Experience - This is perhaps the best part of the stay. Meals are served daily at 8 am, 12 pm and 6:30 pm in buffet style. The food is excellent. The only concern that I had was that I had to slow down on meals as there was a lot of food available. The deserts were excellent. In addition they provide coffee, hot chocolate, tea and apple cider all day and night as well as providing appetizer during adult networking events.
5) UCLA Affiliation - The center is run by UCLA and hence the school's affiliation is included throughout the stay. This includes doing the Eight Clap during morning and evening meals as well as the fact that the counselors are UCLA students. This connects the children to UCLA and encourages them to go to college.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Complete privacy on 40 beautiful acres are yours at this historic resort on Lake Arrowhead's North Shore. Unique, 2-story guest rooms with fireplaces and every service your conference needs including: * beautiful lodging * three exceptional meals a day * comfortable conference and social rooms * coffee breaks and full audio/visual support. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Ucla Lake Arrowhead Hotel Lake Arrowhead