“Agree With Denver” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Chateau du Lac

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lake Arrowhead
Chateau du Lac
Box 1098, Lake Arrowhead, CA 92352   |
Jersey City, New Jersey
“Agree With Denver”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011

I was a guest for a wedding and stayed the night. Couldn't agree more with a previous comment: the hostess was arrogant and insensitive. She offered up her shortsighted political opinions without being asked -- she has great disdain for environmentalists (tree huggers) and "liberals." Another anecdote: When told that some guests were from New York she told a story about being there for a conference and never dared to leave the hotel because she dislikes that city so much. Quite insulting, but even more so, pitiful and sad.

Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

12 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2009

We stayed here on our honeymoon, and the owners went out of their way to make our trip picture perfect!

• Stayed January 2007, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2007

I decided to take a last-minute trip up to Lake Arrowhead (arriving late on a Saturday from Los Angeles) and Kelly and Debbie, the proprietors, were so accommodating. I arrived after they had begun their evening errands and Kelly left the grocery store to come let me in to the house!

The home and property was stunning and it is such a welcoming atmosphere. Kelly gave me a tour and explained the house's history -- they really love their home and are so happy to share it. And the view is amazing -- especially at night!

The rooms are decorated beautifully and are fully appointed, complete with candles in the room and a whirlpool bath. Great for couples!

They were also able to accommodate my dietary restrictions, making a special vegetarian breakfast just for me.

I'd be back in a heartbeat!

• Stayed July 2007, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2007

One of our favorite things to do as a couple is travel the world, and in the process have stayed at over 55 B&B's. The Chateau Du Lac exudes a quality and romance we have seen less than a handful of times. Next year we will be celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary and have decided to stay at this exquisite spot in Lake Arrowhead, California. We're thrilled to be going back!

• Liked — The warm ambience and hospitality
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2006

We have stayed a few times at this chateau over the past three years. Gus and Kathy owned it before and were always so kind and accomodating. We couldn't wait to come back each time. Our last stay was in January with the new owners, Kelly and Debbie. What was already a wonderful bed and breakfast has now become the most amazing romantic getaway we could have imagined. They put so much class and attention into every detail. When we opened the door to our lakeview suite all I could say was "WOW!"

• Stayed January 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2006

We just had the most romantic weekend at the Chateu. Kelly and Debbie have owned it less then a year and have done beautiful upgrades. Their hospitality was awsome and the food was outstanding. They really made us feel like family yet, they kept a very low profile to not disrupt out getaway. I have alreay raved to family and friends and have no doubt that we will be repeat guests.

• Stayed January 2006
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2004

I was a guest at the wedding that all these women are writing cruel reviews about. The wedding was gorgeous and the hospitality great! There was a clique of women there that I overheard from the beginning putting down the bride's chosen location and wedding size. They were comparing her wedding to their's that they had "spent over $30,000 on" and "why didn't she have her wedding at the Ritz or some other such place." They were very snobby and rude. I hate for the bride to know this, but what these women are doing is wrong! They are lying about a perfectly elegant and wonderful event that the bride and groom appeared so happy with. I don't know what has possessed them to say the things they have, I had a great time! This location is in a residential area (next to a hospital!) I knew of the time restrictions, music over at 10p.m. Wedding over shortly thereafter. The owner was kind enough to let some guests hang out after the wedding was OVER to continue to drink and chat. Rather than being gracious guests, they abused her hospitality and were still partying at 12:30 a.m.! Some people have no class, and, unfortunately, they are usually the ones that post reviews. When a friend of mine told me what was going on, I decided I needed to post my view of the events. I would recommend a Chateau du Lac wedding to any of my family members or friends.

Been to Chateau du Lac? Share your experiences!