“My favorite hotel in the area” 5 of 5 stars

2 Nights - 20% Off!
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Laguna Woods
GreenLeadersGold level
Connecticut
“My favorite hotel in the area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

My corporate HQ office is in Irvine, so I find myself coming to the area several times a year for weekly stays. My hotel of choice is the Ayres on El Toro.

The staff is always friendly and helpful (Nick, Marilyn, Asif) whenever I am checking in or out.

The rooms are very comfortable. On this stay, I was in room 362 which has a king size bed along with a couch. There is a microwave and small fridge. There is a sink area outside the bathroom. There is plenty of walking space in the room even with a work desk, coffee table, and another small table with two chairs.

The rooms are very quiet as well. On this stay, there was a family across the hall with a little baby. I could hear crying when I was in the hallway, but nothing when I entered my room and closed the door.

There are laundry rooms in case you need it. ($2 for soap, $2 for the washer, and $2 for the dryer).

There is a breakfast buffet room where they have complimentary breakfast every day. This includes make to order eggs MON-FRI as well as scrambled eggs, potatoes, and sausage/bacon everyday. Fabiola, Alex, and Aida do everything they can to make breakfast a pleasant experience. Besides the hot food, they have cold cereals, a waffle maker, freshed cut fruits, pastries, toast, and oatmeal along with oranges, apples, and bananas. You will also see the manager, Vince Neale come through with fresh pots of coffee asking cutomers if they want refills.

There is a nice lounge area with a natural gas fireplace to sit and relax.

Monday through Thursday, they offer a reception from 5 to 7 pm with complimentary beer, wine, and soda along with chips and sometimes cheeses, fruits, and vegetables.

All around the hotel halls and public rooms are very interesting paintings. So many of them are of Venice that when I went to Venice last fall, everything seemed familiar to me.

The building itself is in a U-shape forming a courtyard filled with tables and chairs. In the middle is a small pool and a jacuzzi that is gated and fenced for safety.

I find the location convenient. From the hotel down El Toro, it is only a 1 and 1/2 miles to the 73 toll road and 6 miles from the PCH in Laguna Beach. In the other direction on El Toro, it is about 2 miles to the 5. Before that is the Laguna Hills Mall with a lot of restaurants inside and out.

The hotel is located in Town Centre with a Hometown Buffet, Sushi Wok, and Sub shop restaurants. Across the street on El Toro is a Carl's Jr., Rite Aid, and a Stater Brothers grocery store.

I cannot say enough good things about this hotel. I would never hesitate coming back again and again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
El Paso, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

I stayed here for three weeks. The rooms are very nice. The staff was very friendly and attentive. The hot breakfast is a plus, very complete with omelettes, fresh fruit, sweets, coffee, juices, etc. The sweet smell of freshly made cookies annonced the evening reception from Monday thru Thursday. The location of the hotel is perfect. Close to the malls, nice restaurants, some even at walking distance and just about 10 mins to Laguna Beach. I could not resist the swimming pool and the jacuzzi either. I definately will stay again here with my family or work next time.

Room Tip: I would recommend the double bed with the in between wall. It has a spa tub.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Hotel Laguna Woods, responded to this review, March 27, 2012
Dear Salma37 -

Thank you very much for allowing us to host you for your extended stay in the area. It is wonderful to hear that you found everything from the accommodations to the location to the complimentary full American breakfast satisfying and that your overall stay was a comfortable one. Nothing pleases us more that to know we have provided the best possible hotel experience for our guests. Thank you again.

Vince Neal
Yardley, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

Everything was excellent, from the pleasant receptionists, to the room, to the scrumptuous breakfast. If you need a place to stay around Orange County, look no further and stay here.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Hotel Laguna Woods, responded to this review, March 26, 2012
Dear AfrTraveler -

Thank you for your very kind review and for choosing our hotel for your stay. I am pleased that we were able to make such a strong and exceptional impression with our service and various amenities. We take great pride in providing the best possible hotel experience for our guests, so it is wonderful to know that our efforts are appreciated. I will be sure to share your comments with the rest of the team here at Ayres Hotel Laguna Woods.

Cockney in Wrexham, North Wales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012 via mobile

Sometimes stay here when working at our corporate office. This is the third time I have stayed, normally for 6 days at a time. Staff are always very nice and always have time to talk to you.
The hotel is always nice and clean and very well presented. The pool looks very inviting but haven't had a swim as it's a little chilly when we stay in January.
The wireless internet is always working and is very fast. A real bonus when working away from home.
The gym is a little small though and you have to be lucky to get in at certain times. Early afternoon is always a good time though.
The managers reception in the early afternoon (Mon-Thur) is always a good time to chat over a beer and snacks.
The breakfast choice is first class and the manager comes around with coffee in the morning and has a chat with everyone. Nice personal touches like this make you want to come back.

Stayed February 2012
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Hotel Laguna Woods, responded to this review, March 23, 2012
Dear GavinBridger -

It was an honor having you as our guest. Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor and for your continued patronage. Nothing is more satisfying than knowing we have provided the best possible hotel stay for our guests, so it is wonderful to hear that service and amenities are consistently comfortable. As stated with our previous reviewer, our fitness room is going through an expansion that should be completed in the next month. This should allow more guests to utilize the room at once. We look forward to your next visit.

Safe travels,

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012 via mobile

My company has us stay here when visiting the home office. Very nice rooms, helpful friendly staff. Great free breakfast, made to order omelets most mornings. Evening reception Monday - Thursdays. Dining and shopping nearby. Only downside I have found is the workout room is very small and all the equipment is in use if you don't get down there by 6 am.

• Stayed March 2012
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Hotel Laguna Woods, responded to this review, March 13, 2012
Dear CPatchlii -

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor and for staying with us. The breakfast team works very hard each morning to ensure guests have a delicious meal, so it is wonderful to know that their efforts are appreciated and I will be sure to share your comments with them. As to the fitness room, you will be happy to learn that we are currently working on an expansion that will bring three new pieces of cardio equipment to the fitness room as well as various mats and medicine balls. This project should be completed in the next month. Hopefully on your next visit you will have the chance to try out the new fitness equipment.

Warm regards,

Albuquerque
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

We stayed here over a weekend recently because it was convenient to the memorial service we were attending, and due to the positive reviews. We also got a great weekend rate. We were very pleasantly surprised by the size and comfort of the rooms, the attractive furnishings and the amenities. We had a third-floor double queen room, while my brother had even more spacious king room.The beds were great and we slept well. No problems with the heating & ventilation. The reception desk was very helpful, particularly when I had trouble printing out our airline boarding passes on the lobby computer. Parking was convenient and afforded quick access to the nearest elevator. The breakfast is one of the very best we've had in a hotel--they must really be busy during the business week!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Dear Escargo1-

Thank you very much for taking the time to let fellow travelers know about our hotel. I am so pleased you chose us for your stay and that the room and amenities, such as the complimentary full American breakfast, made for a convenient and enjoyable experience. I work with a wonderful group of people who take great pride in providing the very best for our guests, so I will be sure to share your experience with them. Thank you again. We look forward to your next visit.

Safe travels,

Seattle, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

We were delighted with our room, the comfy kingsize bed, great pillows, lovely decor. Enjoyed breakfast each morning, the friendly staff and the temptation of freshly baked cookies each evening!

Room Tip: 3rd floor insures you won't have 'heavy' footed people waking you up. Ask for a room wit...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Cheryl -

Thank you so much for choosing Ayres Hotel Laguna Woods for your stay. I am glad to know that we were able to provide you with a comfortable and convenient hotel visit. We strive exceedingly hard to ensure we provide the best possible accommodations and service for our guests, so I am happy your experience was such a positive one. I hope we will have the chance to welcome you back very soon.

Warm regards,

Vince Neale

Been to Ayres Hotel Laguna Woods? Share your experiences!