“Cold Food and Slow Service” 2 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Kapaau, Hawaii
8 attraction reviews
“Cold Food and Slow Service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

Four of us spent $160.00 on food and drinks. We received our food after others that had ordered after us, AND our hot food appetizers and main courses arrived COLD. Will not order food in the theater again. On the plus side the theater seats were comfortable and the sound system did not insult our intelligence by being so loud that it hurt.

Los Angeles, California
3 attraction reviews
“Going to the movies is relaxing again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I enjoy going to the movies, but seeing a hot picture on opening weekend used to mean turning up early to stand in line for a ticket, then sending someone ahead to try and save decent seats while someone else stood in yet another line to get nibblies. The Cinepolis business model makes seeing a film possible without requiring military grade advance planning. Pick your movie and seats on their website, pay, show up 5 minutes before show time, have their friendly staffers bring your nibblies to your comfy reclining seat. Brilliant! (You can of course show up earlier if you want to enjoy the lounge area outside the theaters, or linger after the movie ends for a nightcap.) The only downside is that it's not as cheap as your local Cineplex, either for the tickets or for the snacks, but if you have the money the convenience is definitely worth it.

Laguna Niguel, California
“Was great, but it's slipping a bit.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

The seats are great. The sound is great. The price is on the high side, but the extra comfort makes this worth considering. I have been going to this theatre since it opened and it has been our go-to place when we want to have the "movie theatre" experience. However, the upkeep on this place has become less than impressive. The tables and the seats aren't very clean the way they used to be -- and this is not wear and tear. There have been leftover napkins and smeared food and liquid from previous showings, which is not good when you're paying this kind of money. Also, even though I just criticized the cleaning, I had a real problem when the cleaning crew went to work right behind my seat when the end credits were still rolling last time I was there. I've seen these issues the last three times I've gone to this cinema. This is definitely stuff they can fix, and I will report back after my next visit. Here's to hoping.

Visited March 2014
Laguna Niguel, California
“watching movies in style!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Fabulous way to watch the movies, and although it is a little expensive, the sound & comfort is wonderful. Service is sometimes slow, but overall I would highly recommend this special theater experience!

Aliso Viejo, California
“Best place to see a movie”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Kids love to recline in comfort! Super fun and great for parents
With bar service and yummy food! Can get pricey as food adds up quickly