“Very Nice, Would Return Without Hesitation” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Laguna Hills Irvine Spectrum/Orange County

Save Saved
You added Courtyard by Marriott Laguna Hills Irvine Spectrum/Orange County to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Laguna Hills Irvine Spectrum/Orange County
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   23175 Avenida de la Carlota, Laguna Hills, CA 92653   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #3 of 4 hotels in Laguna Hills
Indiana, PA
“Very Nice, Would Return Without Hesitation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

We chose this property because we felt it gave us the guarantee of a solid stay while diminishing costs significantly when compared to the coast. This was right on target. We were just a few minutes from Downtown Laguna Beach but also back off the coast so that we could easily slide off from the hotel to places like San Juan Capistrano, Dana Point or Newport Beach. It was ideal.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
MarcSchlesinger, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Laguna Hills Irvine Spectrum/Orange County, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us.

94 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

This Courtyards was beautifully furnished and decorated. If I say it's freeway close that is an understatement. It's on a frontage Road going south on the 5. If you were any closer to the freeway you would be siting on the shoulder with a AAA truck behind you. I don't think the noise in the rooms at the front will be a problem as it is most likely triple glazed. Strictly business persons hotel, it is close to the Spectrum so if that is your destination on a weekend with a great rate it would work with children. The beds are so comfortable!

Room Tip: The beds are to die for!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
MarcSchlesinger, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Laguna Hills Irvine Spectrum/Orange County, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you very much for your review of our hotel. Actually our windows are quadruple paned for maximum sound reduction. Please come visit us on the weekends, not only are we close to the spectrum but Laguna Beach is only 6 miles away and you don't have to pay those Laguna prices.

We hope to see you back soon.
Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I stayed with my wife and son at Courtyard Laguna Hills Irvine Spectrum. We stayed there twice in the same week, for one day each. By coincidence, both times, we had the same room with two double beds, room 201 which was quiet because it overlooked the parking lot in the back of the hotel. It was large enough for our four suitcases. The first time I checked in, they let me spin for extra Marriott points which were added to my account.

The positives,

• The location is very convenient with easy access to I-5.

• Check-in and check-out were friendly and easy. There are parking spaces near the front and the side entrance so that it was easy to load and unload the suitcases using the trolley.

• The wi-fi was reliable and strong enough for live video streaming of a match between Arsenal and Tottenham Hotspur.

• The bistro in the lobby provided a good selection of food items for a quick breakfast, and the lady behind the counter was very helpful. If you have time for a more substantial breakfast, you can drive to Polly’s Pies in Moulton Plaza.

• The room was clean and well laid out with the traditional Courtyard availability of electrical plugs—just right for three people who had to charge devices at the same time.

• No neighbor noise.

The negatives,

• We learned that at most Courtyards the maid didn’t forget to put out a shower cap; you just have to ask for one at the reception area. On our second stay, we asked for one when we checked in.

We had an excellent stay at the Courtyard, and we felt it was an exceptionally efficient and good deal, especially on weekends when the rate was low.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Hopefully you got some good bonus points on your elite member spin. Please some visit us the next time you are in town.

Palm Springs, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

No more free lobby coffee at Courtyards with "bistro" concept. Was told that too many were buying Starbucks at the bistro so they did away with the free stuff. Huh? More like the other way around. Bad move on Marriott's part. They will alienate alot of their business and Rewards members. They are encouraging guests to make their own in their rooms! Otherwise, hotel is OK.....can't really get away from the constant "405 roar" even on the backside. Front desk clerk in afternoon was very friendly and offered bonus points for my stay....a plus. Weekend advanced rate was very good for SoCal.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your comments, we are constantly seeking and reviewing feedback from our guests. I will make sure your comments are shared with our brand team.
California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

This hotel has an older feel to it. Well worn but somewhat clean despite the stained carpets. The front desk clerk was extremely polite and friendly. My request for extra towels was met promptly as well. I usually stay at courtyards and have come to enjoy the convenience of their breakfast buffet. This one had food to go that was outrageously priced. Additionally, I had to attend a meeting in the morning and when I returned needing my coffee fix around 10:30 there was no longer any coffee around and the front desk lady said they don't offer it all day. Most of the other courtyards do. The topper was when my four year old left his prized possessions in a backpack in our hotel room.They couldn't find it. I knew exactly where it was... but after their "search" it was unable to be located. No blame on the front desk... I know they looked for it... but it didn't grow legs and walk out on its own. Obviously the result of an untrustworthy staff. Just sad.

• Stayed February 2013
MarcSchlesinger, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Laguna Hills Irvine Spectrum/Orange County, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

I would very much appreciate it if you could contact me when you have a chance. I would like the opportunity to speak to you about your stay at our hotel and see what we can do to make it better.

Sincerely

Marc Schlesinger
949 859 5500
Park City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

The staff was so great. We had a great time. Even if there was an issue they handled it so nicely. I would highly recommend this hotel. The convenience to the freeway is great as well. The pool and tennis courts were also very nice.

Room Tip: We got a studio, would probably get a bigger place next time.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
MarcSchlesinger, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Laguna Hills Irvine Spectrum/Orange County, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us. We are glad that you enjoyed our hotel and hope to see you again soon.
san diego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We made a pit stop at this property on our way back to San Diego and I was pleasantly surprised. I called the hotel earlier with a question and when I checked in the front desk agent remembered our conversation. She made me feel welcome right away. There was a little bistro in the lobby so we ordered some desserts and an appetizer. The servers there were very nice too. The hotel lobby was inviting and the rooms were clean. The bed and pillows were super comfortable. I wish we were staying another night so that we could enjoy the outdoor pool. I would definitely come here again even just for a weekend getaway. It isn't a resort, but I love that it's super close to Irvine Spectrum.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
MarcSchlesinger, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Laguna Hills Irvine Spectrum/Orange County, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
I appreciate you taking the time review our hotel and I thank you for your kind comments about our staff and amenities. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are passing through.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Laguna Hills Irvine Spectrum/Orange County? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Courtyard by Marriott Laguna Hills Irvine Spectrum/Orange County

Address: 23175 Avenida de la Carlota, Laguna Hills, CA 92653
Location: United States > California > Orange County > Laguna Hills
Ranked #3 of 4 hotels in Laguna Hills
Hotel Class:3 star — Courtyard by Marriott Laguna Hills Irvine Spectrum/Orange County 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Marriott, Priceline, Tingo, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Laguna Hills Irvine Spectrum/Orange County reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Courtyard By Marriott Laguna Hills Irvine Spectrum/Orange County Hotel
Courtyard Laguna Hills
Laguna Hills Courtyard
Laguna Hills Marriott

If you own or manage Courtyard by Marriott Laguna Hills Irvine Spectrum/Orange County, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.