“Personable service, clean, comfortable, Great Time!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Laguna Hills
San Diego, California
“Personable service, clean, comfortable, Great Time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Very comfortable! We stayed there for a concert we were attending at the Verizon Amptheater and I was very impressed with the comfort and cleanliness. The decor was modern. The staff extremely helpful. I asked for a local cab company and they arranged a shuttle style service that was very cost effective, and comfortable - they had arranged it even prior to me calling the company! The service knew who I was when I called, very personable service both the shuttle and the front desk! The shuttle service was waiting for us when the concert ended, very enjoyable experience! The king size bed was so very comfortable! Really enjoyed staying here. We missed the breakfast that ended at 9am because we were so cozy sleeping. The only recommendation I would make is to avoid any rooms near the ice maker machine. It seemed like folks were getting ice at all hours of the night and morning and although we were on the floor above, it was loud and annoying, but not enough for me to complain or ruin an otherwise very enjoyable experience.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
CA448, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Irvine Spectrum, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Glad to hear the you had wonderful time at the Verizon Amphitheater and our Laguna Hills Hotel. We look forward to seeing you again during the next concert or a get away.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Harbor City, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

The Comfort Inn of Laguna Hills, CA was a great value for what my wife and I needed it for. We went to a concert at the Verizon Wireless Amphitheater in Irvine which was approximately 1 mile away in order to network with certain people for a business venture. The hotel is in a great location central to restaurants, and the venue we were going to in the evening. The staff was friendly and seemed eager to make our stay pleasant. The rooms were an 8 out of 10 in cleanliness and the beds were very comfortable. The pool and hot tub were also well maintained, clean, and at a comfortable temperature. Its close proximity to the freeway was very convenient and didn't impede on the relaxing atmosphere by the pool. The furniture by the pool is that of the cheap plastic home depot type furniture but it did its job well and was clean. I really have no complaints as their wasn't much that was below standard at this hotel. Though it didn't exceed my expectations it completely met them which is kind of rare these days it would seem. The price point is slightly higher then I would have liked but I don't feel bad about it since everything went well, I got a good night sleep, and my wife and I had a good time. Overall I would recommend this hotel for anyone looking for a clean, basic, comfortable room to sleep in while conducting business or pleasureful activities in the area for a short time.

Room Tip: I always request non smoking, but most rooms are pretty much the same besides bed configurations.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for the kind words regarding our hotel and location. We look forward to seeing you again during your next travels to the area.
Carterville, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

I told yall I would write yall a review so here it goes. Despite my vacation turning into a nightmare with personal issues, yall sure saved it and made it a vacation. Donnie I think his name is made sure we had everything and was very very kind. Also the woman with the short black hair was a sweet heart. I do not want to leave out anyone so all the staff was very professional and very curtious. I can not thank yall enough for the great and wonderful hospitality. The room(s) I stayed in were very clean and neat. The breakfast was by far the best breakfast I have had at a hotel in forever. So I just want to say thank you for all your help and hospitality. This Illinois boy wishes he could have stayed longer on better terms but now this boy made it home and is really looking forward to the next stay at Comfort Inn in Laguna!

- Chris

Room Tip: Any room is heaven there is pretty sweet.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
irvine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

I stayed at this Comfort Inn for 4 months. The staff was excellent and very nice. The rooms were clean. It is in a quiet location and easily accessible to the major freeways and the beaches. I only had to drive a few miles for shopping, grocery stores and restraurants. Some restraurants were even walking distance. I enjoyed my longterm stay. Much appreciation and thanks to the great staff for making my stay pleasant and nice.

Room Tip: I stayed in the rooms on the third floor away from the swimming pool area.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Buffalo, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012

The hotel staff was friendly but the property is old and showing its age. We stayed there because we were looking for something affordable- but the few dollars we saved wasn't worth it. While the rooms were clean- the overall condition of the hotel needs improvement.

Room Tip: You pick up some freeway noise if you are stay on the pool side of the hotel. the other side faces o...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2011 via mobile

Friendly front desk staff, room was comfortable and super-clean. Looked recently renovated. No odors, no wear or grossness. Free wifi was quick. Fridge and microwave in room along with iron and hair dryer. Would def stay again!

• Stayed October 2011
Mesa, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2011

I travel every couple of weeks to see my fiancée and wanted to be close to John Wayne Airport and be able to head to San Juan Capistrano or Dana Point in a relative short time.
The room was big enough and clean and nicely laid-out. I reserved the whirlpool and found it to be roomy and delightful. Mind you, this is not a complaint but turning on the jets shot powerful blasts of water that extinguished all of the carefully lit candles around the whirlpool. Yes, we found the control to turn it down but laughed about the powerful jets the whole evening. The hotel was very convenient to access the freeway, close to the Spectrum, and quiet although very full with guests. Staff was very cordial, breakfast was good, and we had an enjoyable time. I will go back.

Room Tip: Try the Whirlpool
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Inn Irvine Spectrum? Share your experiences!