“Illinois boy made very welcome by all the staff.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #4 of 4 hotels in Laguna Hills
Carterville, Illinois, United States
“Illinois boy made very welcome by all the staff.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

I told yall I would write yall a review so here it goes. Despite my vacation turning into a nightmare with personal issues, yall sure saved it and made it a vacation. Donnie I think his name is made sure we had everything and was very very kind. Also the woman with the short black hair was a sweet heart. I do not want to leave out anyone so all the staff was very professional and very curtious. I can not thank yall enough for the great and wonderful hospitality. The room(s) I stayed in were very clean and neat. The breakfast was by far the best breakfast I have had at a hotel in forever. So I just want to say thank you for all your help and hospitality. This Illinois boy wishes he could have stayed longer on better terms but now this boy made it home and is really looking forward to the next stay at Comfort Inn in Laguna!

- Chris

Room Tip: Any room is heaven there is pretty sweet.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

43 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
irvine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

I stayed at this Comfort Inn for 4 months. The staff was excellent and very nice. The rooms were clean. It is in a quiet location and easily accessible to the major freeways and the beaches. I only had to drive a few miles for shopping, grocery stores and restraurants. Some restraurants were even walking distance. I enjoyed my longterm stay. Much appreciation and thanks to the great staff for making my stay pleasant and nice.

Room Tip: I stayed in the rooms on the third floor away from the swimming pool area.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Buffalo, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012

The hotel staff was friendly but the property is old and showing its age. We stayed there because we were looking for something affordable- but the few dollars we saved wasn't worth it. While the rooms were clean- the overall condition of the hotel needs improvement.

Room Tip: You pick up some freeway noise if you are stay on the pool side of the hotel. the other side faces o...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2011 via mobile

Friendly front desk staff, room was comfortable and super-clean. Looked recently renovated. No odors, no wear or grossness. Free wifi was quick. Fridge and microwave in room along with iron and hair dryer. Would def stay again!

• Stayed October 2011
Mesa, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2011

I travel every couple of weeks to see my fiancée and wanted to be close to John Wayne Airport and be able to head to San Juan Capistrano or Dana Point in a relative short time.
The room was big enough and clean and nicely laid-out. I reserved the whirlpool and found it to be roomy and delightful. Mind you, this is not a complaint but turning on the jets shot powerful blasts of water that extinguished all of the carefully lit candles around the whirlpool. Yes, we found the control to turn it down but laughed about the powerful jets the whole evening. The hotel was very convenient to access the freeway, close to the Spectrum, and quiet although very full with guests. Staff was very cordial, breakfast was good, and we had an enjoyable time. I will go back.

Room Tip: Try the Whirlpool
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2011

Stayed here 2 nights with kids water polo team for a tournament. This is a small motel just off the 405/5 freeways. Staff at check in was friendly. Room was fine for what it was. It was clean, 2 dbl beds. Bathroom on small side, sink was outside tub/toilet area. Internet was free but spotty. Others in our group had issues with hairs in the bed, a blood stain on mattress, and a smoke smelly non smoking room. We had no issues.
Breakfast was average to poor. Room was small as we had big group all there at once. On regular day it would be fine. Food was average. Cereal, toast, waffle maker. Fruit was whole not sliced and there was some disgusting gravy dish. We did eat it both mornings, as kids just had cereal and I had a waffle. Others in our group skipped it the second morning to go else where.
I needed an extra blanket so went to front desk. Women was very helpful and brought one to me fresh from the dryer.
Motel has a small pool area off parking lot.

• Stayed February 2011
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2010

We've stayed at this hotel for years and it increible to think we stayed at the same hotel thats talked about in alot of the reviews. The front desk staff is very nice and helpful
( John, Fatima and Sarah ) John had a taxi on time for us to go to concert at the verizon wireless amphitheater. We got back late to the room the bed comfortable. Maid always do a great job, Im very picky about a clean bath tub in a hotel and its never been a promblem at this location towels too and I did get one with some back spot and had it replace imidatly by one of the nices maids sweet lady cant think of the name. The continental breakfast closes at 9 to early afther a concert but Fatima did make coffe and gave my husband a couple mini muffins. She when out of her way to please us, turned on the tv in the BK fast area and made sure we had what we needed. She told us about Laguna Beach being 10 minutes from the hotel and Im we just had to see this town in all the years we been to the comfort inn we never had the time to visit outside of town we usually just stay one night and drive back to Arizona. We asked to stay another night and took the day to visit Laguna Beach and drove on the PCH to San Clemete...have to say it was a beutiful drive on the cost that we have never done! On Monday morning we did make it on time for breakfast and had the must have waffles. Check out was 11 but called Sarah at the desk and asked for a later check out and it was no problem to stay till 1pm the bill always make sense and Sarah remembered us from a pasted visit that was very nice... We did have a pleasant stay and with our expirece we would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Comfort Inn Irvine Spectrum? Share your experiences!