“Pleasantly surprised” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Los Angeles, California
“Pleasantly surprised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

I know this is a chain restaurant, but I have to say, the food here is fantastic. I never thought I would say this about a chain restaurant. We were hungry from a long roadtrip and saw this place. Hungry enough, we ordered and was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the food. Sure it was not exactly fine dining, but it was good.

Visited October 2013

Mission Viejo, California
“A decent place.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The food is good, though the Rib-eyes could be thicker. Great seasoning. The restaurant is clean, but needs an up-date, however it is in Laguna Hills.

Visited March 2014
Irvine, California
“Better Eat Fast!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

Went there for a late lunch with my dad. I guess we weren't eating fast enough. The place was pretty empty. We got our food and 10 minutes later, the server asked if we had room for dessert! and then 10 minutes later (we still weren't done eating) she dropped off the check! Once she dropped it off, she didn't come back for a while but once she ran our credit card, she was back within minutes to pick it up! didn't know we had to eat within 20 minutes. She always seemed to come at the most inconvenient time. She wasn't around when we needed steak sauce so we had to ask another server! Maybe she was in training (giving her the benefit of the doubt) but considering it was a late lunch and we were paying dinner prices, I would have expected better service and not felt like we were getting rushed to get out - especially when the place was practically empty.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Laguna Hills, California
“Yes, it was that good ... and the porterhouse is back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

My favorite at Lone Star is the 20 oz porterhouse, bone in.
It's back!
They deleted it but due to demand they have it back by request and plan to have it permanently back on their menu.
I had one last night and it melted in my mouth, and was perfectly rare and sumptuous. Seriously, this was really good. I was told to request it "Pittsburgh style" which is blackened, and it is good, and I had it rare - really rare. Just yum! You would not get a better piece of beef anywhere in the world.
The baked sweet potato is a good accompaniment - give it a try as one of the two included sides.
Their website menu seems out of date since they still show chili (meaty and yum) as being on the 'sides' list, but the (excellent) waitress said she'd do it although it's no longer included as a side. It's good chili and if you like it spicier they have Tabasco.
They have inexpensive house wines and Pabst Blue Ribbon on draft - $1.95 I think was the cost. I had the house Merlot - very pleasant, especially for the price.
We came away very satisfied - and I wholeheartedly recommend Lone Star in Laguna Hills.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
The Villages, Florida
“Good steakhouse at reasonable price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

We visit in this area yearly and always enjoy Lone Star Steakhouse. The steaks are excellent without the big price tag. The atmosphere is inviting and is family friendly. On Tuesdays kids eat free. The service is friendly and efficient.

• Visited October 2013