“Good value and location” 4 of 5 stars

Laguna Hills Lodge
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   23932 Paseo De Valencia, Laguna Hills, CA 92653   |
Ranked #1 of 4 hotels in Laguna Hills
Des Moines, Iowa, USA
“Good value and location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Don't let the somewhat dated facade discourage you from checking this place out. The rooms are reasonably sized and clean. WiFi worked well, lighting in room was good. But what really won me over warren the towels. Thick, luxurious bath towels and a good shower are the true test for me and this place passed with flying colors.

Free breakfast (didn't try it) but no restaurant. Lots of restaurants close by.

Don't get me wrong, this isn't the Ritz Carlton at Laguna Nigel. But it is a good place to stay for business travel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

302 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
British Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stopped at this Hotel on our way south from John Wayne Airport. The hotel was easy to find, close to the Freeway but set back enough to be quiet.
The reception staff were efficient and friendly and gave us a lovely king bed room on the top floor.
Although the wallpaper showed some wear and tear in a corner, the furnishings were attractive, the bed comfortable and the linens and towels spotless and white.
Everything functioned as it should and the water pressure was excellent.
The staff at the reception were able to make several recommendations for restaurants in walking distance so that we didn't have to drive in an unfamiliar area after dark.
They offered us the AAA discount before we had even asked.
There was a small pool which we didn't use as the night was cool, but there were children there who clearly enjoyed it.
The price was reasonable and included a continental breakfast. The food was fresh and served in a pleasant environment.
Other than the breakfast room there was no restaurant nor room service.
WiFi was included and the connection speed was excellent.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Inglewood, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

My new husband and I wanted a romantic night away from our area. We chose Laguna Hills Lodge to fill our needs. The shower was hot and clean, though you could barely stand in the bathroom while opening/closing the door. The beds were clean, space was plentiful. Amenities were clean and available, except the ice machine was broken. The breakfast in the morning was wonderful. Lots of simple options and when something was getting low, the attendants were quick to refill. A service to warm the breads and pastries was a nice touch to upgrade a not so typical continental breakfast. Parking was easy and staff was friendly and efficient.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Gilbert, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I was in town to visit a friend of mine and his family. The hotel was a couple miles from their home and seemed like a nice area. It was located close the I-5 freeway, but not right next to the freeway like another hotel I had considered. I was in the C building which was the furthest away from the freeway, but right by the fire station. Not a big deal, I live next to an freight rail line so I can sleep through much anything.

The hotel staff were friendly and professional. Explained about the free Wi Fi (a nice change from the last place I was at that charged $14/day for Wi Fi) as well as the business center. I was surprised when they gave me a key fob...I was expecting the usual card keys. I had a little trouble getting into the room at first, would have been helpful had they told me that I needed to insert and keep the key in the reader for a couple seconds.

The king room was clean and comfortable. The bed was a little on the 'hard' side, but then I can sleep pretty much on anything. A pillow top mattress would have been nice. If you like to sleep with a lot of pillows, they provide plenty...5 on the bed plus 2 more in the dresser drawers. I thought since my room number was 246 I was going to be on the top floor, not realizing the C building was three levels. I didn't want really want to bother the staff about switching rooms, I am not even sure if there were king rooms on the third level. There was a little bit of noise above me when I first came in the room, but nothing when I returned that evening.

Check out was smooth

My only complaints are very minor. The bathroom is "tiny"...not a big deal for me as I am not an overly large person, but I could see some people having issues. The TV was a flatscreen, but small, or at least it looked small sitting on top of the giant dresser. They could have easily fit a much larger TV on the dresser. Not a real big deal though, as I only watched a little TV before bed and when I was getting ready the next morning. I don't think the fridge was working, but the freezer was. The AC/Heating unit is a bit on the noisy side, but didn't really need to run it at night as didn't get all that cold. Even I had to run it, likely wouldn't have bothered me...

All in all a very nice place to stay and if I am out that way again will come back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I stayed here two days as part of the Living Social Deal. It was a good deal for the value. The lodge was relatively quiet and clean. It was a bit outdated, however. I didn't have any issues with the room.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
San Antonio, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Stayed there for 2 nites and am satisfied with my stay. Not 5 stars but just fine. Clean, convienent, and friendly staff. Beds were clean & comfortable. Appearance was nice. I'd recommend it to a friend.

• Stayed February 2013
Hitchin, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

We stayed here for 17 days in January and again for a couple of days in March and what a delight it was. The rooms are spacious with heating/ac, free Internet, a fridge, microwave, coffee machine, TV, ironing board, iron and hairdryer. The hotel also has a swimming pool and gym as well as a business centre where you can print out documents. Breakfast is generous and they make toast and hot bagels to order. However what makes this place great are the employees, some of who have been with the hotel for over 30 years. Everyone is very friendly and cannot do enough to make your stay a pleasant experience. The only problem I have with recommending this hotel is that I fear that next time I book there will be no more rooms left due to its popularity, which is well deserved.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Laguna Hills Lodge? Share your experiences!