“Exceptional Value” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 4 hotels in Laguna Hills
Eagan, Minnesota
“Exceptional Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I stayed here for 13 nights for a business trip last month. The room was immaculate, spacious and quiet, with a nice refrigerator and microwave that allowed me to eat many meals in. There was no hint of the awful perfume/air freshener in many hotels these days.

The breakfast was a little above average, with plenty of fresh and canned fruit. The staff was helpful and friendly. The business office was clean and quiet, with access to a scanner/printer.

The grounds are nicely planted and groomed. The floor I was on seemed like it was just remodeled so I was surprised to learn that one of the rooms was already "out of service for a deep cleaning" where even the air conditioner unit had been removed for cleaning. Obviously the owners and staff take pride in this place. Much appreciated.

Many shopping and dining options nearby including a drug store and gas station.

Room Tip: There's no elevator so if you have to carry lots of stuff in and out, ask for a first floor room...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

321 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Red Oak, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

This little place is a gem. I was apprehensive driving in but I was quickly felt comfortable and settled in. My room was clean and decorated very nicely. My view of the garden was perfect. The staff was accommodating and gracious. Breakfast was average but adequate. I worked from the room and was able to get a lot done. Very grateful not to have to pay for internet. The area has great places to shop and eat. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Kansas City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Staff was overtly friendly and very helpful. Sorry that my room was on the street side, but small nuisance when overall experience considered. Breakfast room staffeed with very nice people and had good selection of breads.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Woodstock, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

We stayed at this Hotel for 10 days. 5 When first arriving in Orange County and then 5 more at the end of our California stay. This was by far the best Hotel we stayed in with this price range and very good value for the price. We found this hotel by searching the internet and within the location we wanted to be. Be advised they don't take pets but they are very up front about this and advise customers right away that they are smoke free and pet free. We also found that there was no heavy chemical smell and our rooms were clean. From our observations while there they are continually doing routine cleaning of common areas, windows, stairwells, hallways and the grounds are so well kept. Beautiful flowers even though we were there in the off season. We utilized the pool area with our grandson and he just loved it. Small but all he needed.

Room Tip: Odd numbered rooms are on the quieter side of the hotel. We were on the road side but must say that...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

We spent four nights at this hotel, two days either side of a road trip around California. Of all of the hotels we stayed in this was one of the better ones. The room was a good size, was clean and the WiFi worked well. The bathroom was small, but functional. The breakfast was a little bland, but to be honest this was a fairly common experience.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Southampton
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I was in the area for work and chanced upon Laguna Hills Lodge and it was a pleasant enough stay. The reception was great. Candy and cookies upon my arrival and some restaurant coupons for the surrounding area. I also managed to completely overlook the radiator unit in the corner and when I didn't want to freeze another night someone pleasantly came and pointed it out, and didn't laugh at my lapse either. The lodge is conveniently located, right next to the mall and In N Out Burger and 2 minutes from Route 5. The rooms are very spacious although the bathroom space (toilet and shower) is very tiny. The bed was a little stiff. The continental breakfast was nice - cereal, yogurt, fruit, bagels, oatmeal, etc. Parking was convenient (although I was not there at a touristy time). The elevator in Bldg. C scared me into taking the stairs with my luggage my last day. The door was still creaking open after I made my descent. I don't know if this was a recurring incidence as I took the steps all other times (only two levels). The gym was a poor excuse for a gym. There were two treadmills (one out of order), one bike and one weight machine. No sanitary wipes, complimentary towels, and I want to say no water either if I remember correctly. Oh and the free Wi-Fi was a little slow. But overall, it was a good value and very good location.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Laguna_Hills_Lodge, General Manager at Laguna Hills Lodge, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Your suggestion to provide sanitary wipes in the gym is excellent and we have implemented your recommendation. Complimentary bottled water is available at breakfast every day and in vending machines around the property. The elevator is serviced monthly and the housekeeping staff uses it every day and reports if there is a problem. Lastly, the treadmill has been repaired. Again, thank you for your helpful comments!
Harrison, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Okay, so it wasn't the Omni Shoreham, but this place was awesome. I can't think of anything that could make it better, so I give it a 5. It is a slightly older place, but the rooms have been updated and our was beautiful AND very clean. It was roomy and comfortable and we were surprised that it included a refrigerator and microwave. The grounds are very beautiful, the landscaping is very well maintained. The breakfast was more than "continental" in that it included a wide variety of cereals, breads, yogurt, hard-boiled eggs, etc. Given the cost, we were pleasantly surprised at how great this place was. We did NOT find it to be noisy or unfriendly as Leslie H mentioned, but I agree they have put resources into updating rooms, landscaping, and breakfast rather than hallways. We will definitely go back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Laguna Hills Lodge? Share your experiences!