“great place to stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Laguna Hills
Harrison, Ohio
“great place to stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Okay, so it wasn't the Omni Shoreham, but this place was awesome. I can't think of anything that could make it better, so I give it a 5. It is a slightly older place, but the rooms have been updated and our was beautiful AND very clean. It was roomy and comfortable and we were surprised that it included a refrigerator and microwave. The grounds are very beautiful, the landscaping is very well maintained. The breakfast was more than "continental" in that it included a wide variety of cereals, breads, yogurt, hard-boiled eggs, etc. Given the cost, we were pleasantly surprised at how great this place was. We did NOT find it to be noisy or unfriendly as Leslie H mentioned, but I agree they have put resources into updating rooms, landscaping, and breakfast rather than hallways. We will definitely go back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Palm Springs, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

I stayed for two nights last week. The property is nice and the rooms are clean and somewhat updated for the most part. The hallways were pretty bad as far as being very dated however. I liked the fact they had fridges and microwaves in the rooms. The breakfast was very nice and appreciated.
The hotel was extremely noisy however, so noisy, that I would never consider going back. I did not sleep either night I was there. The walls are so thin you can hear absolutely everything from the footsteps above you, to each and every time a door is opened or shut, to people talking and moving. The hospital is up the street and the sirens were nonstop, all day and night. Also, check out is at 11am and I called to ask for a noon check out so I could take a conference call. I was refused, and not nicely either. At about 10:45, the housekeepers started calling my room every five minutes to ask when I was leaving....very annoying and not very customer friendly. I would not recommend this hotel...pay a little extra for a nicer, quieter, more friendly place.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

The staff was excellent at check in and out. The welcoming cookies and restaurant discounts were a good plus. Only complaint was bed was noisy getting in and out or rolling over, and fire station next door. Breakfast staff was friendly and attentive.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

We looked under the bed to find a USED CONDOM and a BEER CAN! Completely unexceptable. Front desk was unapologetic and now right confrontational when we alerted them of the issue. Horrible experience.

• Stayed January 2013
Laguna_Hills_Lodge, General Manager at Laguna Hills Lodge, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
We appreciate your feedback on our hotel and apologize for your experience. When you reported the problem to our Front Desk, I was happy to learn that we immediately gave you a 50% discount and offered to move you to an upgraded room. I personally met with our housekeeping supervisor and she has coached our maid on the incident. Once again, we sincerely apologize that you experienced this problem.

Bill Crawford, General Manager, Laguna Hills Lodge
Phoenix, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I usually stay in one of the garden suites. They are reasonably priced and clean rooms. Complimentary free breakfast and newspaper. Right Highway 5, El Toro exit I visit friends in the area and this was my 5th stay and would definitely come again. Good value for the money...

Room Tip: garden view is a few dollars more but worth it especiall in the summer
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Nairobi, Kenya
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I have stayed at Laguna Hills Lodge the past 2 years on business in February. It has been a good experience each time and I will be back again soon. The location is convenient and a short walk from the mall if you happen to be without a car on your journey. I would definitely recommend staying here for business travel.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

I don't know what else to say other than I loved this place. The continental breakfast had a vast array of choices. By far the best breakfast I've had while staying at a hotel. I would highly recommend this place to anyone in the Laguna Hills area.

• Stayed January 2013

Been to Laguna Hills Lodge? Share your experiences!