“Solid stay at a fair price” 4 of 5 stars

Laguna Hills Lodge
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   23932 Paseo De Valencia, Laguna Hills, CA 92653   |
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Laguna Hills
Lexington, South Carolina
“Solid stay at a fair price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I travel to the Orange County area frequently. I've stayed in a great number of hotels including both "local" ones like this one typical larger chain hotels. I'm still looking for the perfect combination of friendliness, location, ameneties, and comfort. This one ranks high on my list and I could definitely see myself rebooking it again in the future.

This is an older property that has been refurbished/maintained beautifully. You probably wouldn't know it was older if not for some of the "retro" type appointments that were just the way properties were built when this one likely was -- small bathrooms. ceramic (not plastic) tubs, etc. It doesn't feel "old" in any other way. All items work well and the entire property is squeaky clean and meticulously landscaped.

Fantastic blackout curtains in the room help an East Coaster like me very happy when I want to sleep during daylight! I booked a "value" room and my room was right on the street and across from the firestation. I only really heard the street noise when I had my window opened (I love windows that open!) and the noise was not bothersome to me. When I closed the window and blackout curtain and set the a/c fan to on I was blissfully unaware of the world around me. The fire department was so courteous in their use of sirens that I was honestly never bothered by that sound. I heard it a time or two but never when I was trying to sleep and it never bothered me in any way.

Breakfast was good - fairly typical hotel breakfast in a nice room. Plenty of seats everytime I went which was a plus for me.

Plenty of free well-lit parking and free Wi-fi made this hotel a great value. Both of those things are rare in the area.

The location was fantastic for my purposes Easy to get to, close to highways and main roads that take you just about anywhere you want to go, and plenty to eat, drink, see, do nearby.

I found the beds to be comfortable but the sheets and blankets didn't WOW me. However, this didn't affect my quality of sleep.

In room coffee maker, a microwave and fridge added even more value to the stay.

No complaints at all from me.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Peterborough, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

I would come back and I will come back , great breakfast , great beds, great rooms , staff very friendly and courteous , I cant say enough good things about this place . Go see for yourself . The properties are beautiful , pool and hot tub awesome. Thank you to Laguna Hills Lodge.

Oh yea the price was the best , I booked online
Candy Lindsay Peterborough Ontario Canada

Room Tip: this hotel is well worth the vacation spotto go too
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Lake Tahoe, NV
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

We came to visit family in Laguna Woods and went to Disneyland. This is our third stay here and it has been very good every time. The price on Expedia could not be beat. They have a pretty good breakfast that we utlilized all 4 mornings. This is the perfect location if you want to visit the beach areas. You are only about 15 minutes from Laguna Beach. The 5 freeway is right there so you can go north, south east really fast. I hesitate to give a great review as to not get it booked up in the future, but they deserve the accolades. At check-in the gentleman was very informative and answered any questions we had. We did not need anything during our stay so I can't comment on their follow up. Will definetly stay again.

Room Tip: You can update to a bigger room or one with a balcony, but if only there to sleep don't worry ab...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I’ve stayed at this hotel several times. It deserves the positive reviews that it has gotten on this site. So, it’s really a shame that the staff is so totally unfriendly here. The reception is reliably cold and expressionless each and every time I stay here. You’ll never see a smiling face at this hotel or hear a polite phrase like “enjoy your stay”. It’s not just possible at this place. It is something that I’ve learned to tolerate. The Marriott hotel on Av. de la Carlotta, which is just a mile away from this hotel, often has a matching rate. When it does, I truly enjoy the warm professional service I get there. There’s really no excuse for the attitude you have to put up with at the Laguna Lodge.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Just returned from stay at the lodge got an excellent price. Nice and quiet clean room new carpet and mattresses. Even has laundry machine which we used. Mall across the street and many restaurants in the area. Will be staying there next time I visit. Also only 10 mins to laguna beach.

Room Tip: Get a room not facing the road its quieter there is a firehouse across the street but it didn't...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Caerphilly
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

An absolute bargain, and much classier than the big motel chains. Large, comfortable, well-equipped rooms, spotlessly clean. Beautifully kept grounds and friendly, helpful staff. Good breakfast. If it were closer to the coast it would be twice as expensive. But it's only a short drive away from Laguna Beach, very close to the LA-San Diego freeway and just across the road from a shopping mall with a good choice of shops and restaurants.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, BC Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

I just recently stayed at this property. It is an older hotel but that is easily spotted from the outside. The style is somewhat dated but don't let that deter you. It is well kept and well appointed. They were going for that special flair in how they decorated, and in most cases they hit their mark but their room decoration is not to everyone's taste. Modern and sophisticated it is not, but clean and welcoming it is. The property is close to some great shopping and for anyone fearing a fire or an unfortunate accident there is a fire hall across the street. This may be an issue with regard to sirens but we heard nothing. The small yet functional balcony is a nice touch. This property has everything the savy, but cost conscious traveler wants. Breakfast was better than average and their pool and hot tub area was clean and welcoming. I would not hesitate in recommending it.

Room Tip: Ask to be close to the Pool and on the second floor to get a balcony. This also means you will be as...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Laguna Hills Lodge? Share your experiences!