“Best breakfast in Laguna Beach” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #87 of 154 Restaurants in Laguna Beach
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Laguna Beach, California
“Best breakfast in Laguna Beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

My husband and I love going out to breakfast on Sunday mornings, and Cafe Heidelberg is our favorite Laguna spot. Best bets are the veggie croissant, oatmeal, fresh-squeezed orange juice and banana nut muffins. The patio is open year-round and is a great place to enjoy fresh air, people watch and read the Sunday paper. The beach is just a block away, so another option is order your breakfast or lunch to go and enjoy your meal by the ocean!

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Hillsboro, Oregon
“Breakfast Delight”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

Great variety of breakfast dishes served all day. The Heidelberg is extremely good and my personal choice. A good variety of sandwiches with fresh bread!

Visited December 2012
“Delicious, healthy and fresh”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012 via mobile

Beautiful spot, great coffee and breakfast staples a cut above a normal diner. Look out for the home made jam and bread. My toast was delivered for free by the charming service.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Boulder, Colorado
“great egg croissants”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

On our last morning in Laguna, we needed a little more to eat before our flight, so we visited Heidelberg. The food was great, and so was the fresh-squeezed orange juice. I had the cheese croissant, and my husband had the bacon and egg croissant. While the price was a little higher than the Penguin Cafe, the food was more substantial also. This is another restaurant to which we plan to return when we visit Laguna again.

Visited June 2012
Laguna Beach, California
“Pretty good but overpriced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

I agree with one of the other reviewers about the "soup nazi" service, but I've also had pretty friendly service there occasionally. The prices are definitely excessive - we've come in for breakfast and had a tab close to $40 for food and drinks for two people - that would be justified in a sit-down place, but it's way over the top for counter service, even if you are half a block from the ocean. The food is good, although baked goods are just a bit above average. I'd say the espresso/coffee stuff is above average. The convenient location is probably why I've been to Heidelberg more than once, though it isn't one of my favorites. Suggestion: go down the road (south) to Koffee Klatch and/or Andre's Patisserie instead.

• Visited January 2012