“very disappointed” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
laguna beach
“very disappointed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

we are locals but had not been here in YEARS. maybe now i remember why. good service. the food was BORING. my husband had the pizza and said it was the worst he's ever had - very doughy like it was a microwaved frozen pizza. i had to repeatedly sprinkle black pepper and parmesan on my sautéed calamari for some kind of flavor. it also arrived warm. this is an italian restaurant that's been around since 1975. maybe they need to get out of the '70s. will not return or recommend them.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Irvine, California
“Small and intimate, but family friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

This small, but intimate restaurant is off the beaten path in Laguna Beach, which may qualify it as a hidden gem. I have eaten here once before, but couldn't remember where it was until I took a short cut into town. I was attending a performance at The Laguna Playhouse & needed to be in and out quickly. I explained this to the hostess and she passed this on to my server. The service was quick and efficient and I was out in record time. The food was delicious, I had the ravioli. Lovely soft homemade plump ravioli filled with cheese and ample, wonderful sauce over the top. Nice crisp greens for my salad and a delicious house dressing. My server was friendly, and came over to check on whether I was enjoying my meal. This is a family owned restaurant which I prize over national chain restaurants. I will definitely return here.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Authentic Home Cooked Italian Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

The food At Salerno's is fabulous. It is an old location with old style family seating where everyone is way too bunched together but the food is delicious. Always on point with steaming hot and tasteful entree's as well as fresh crisp salads. I always order the cannelloni entree which comes in a steaming skillet. Always enough to take home too. Wine only no liquor. Caters to families too with great pizza's for kids as well as pasta.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Austin, Texas
“Been coming here since I was 9”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

I've been coming to this restaurant for almost 30 years...my Dad used to take us here on weekday evenings for a night out. It's awesome food...and it hasn't changed in all this time. I highly recommend the veal marsala, and steamed clams.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“No flavor”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

All our different pastas were over cooked. Sauces had little flavor and too much was on pasta. Meatballs were mushy and had little flavor. House salad greens and veggies were fresh and crisp was plain. Dressing had little flavor. Bread was ok. Price was ok.

• Visited July 2013