“Beautiful interior, very good service, some strong menu items” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Hong Kong, China
“Beautiful interior, very good service, some strong menu items”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

Pros: Minestrone soup (nice earthy vegetables), Rigatoni Giulietta (yummy!)
Neutral:house salad (too big), Spaghetti Ponello (needs more flavor / garlic), ravioli with ground steak (a little too rich but good pesto)
Cons:none
Overall: Nice surprise, great service, $15 corkage, get the Rigatoni Guilietta

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Conroe, Texas
“A wonderful experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

We've been twice - and both times we found excellent food, great atmosphere, and wonderful service. The portions were large for a "high-end" restaurant and we were made to feel like family. On our first visit, we were finishing just as the entertainment for the evening - Yanni - was setting up. The manager came to our table and suggested we stay and enjoy the show - which we did with a complimentary glass of wine. Will we go back? DEFINITELY - every time we are in the area!!

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
tokyo
“incompetent service avarage food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

I'm Italian,not Italian immigrant or Italian americanized!!!100% italian.the Atmosphre was not good,to noisy,service bad,not somelier,only mexican in the kitchen and around the dining hall.Was that a Italian restaurant or Mexican?????pasta not al dente,maby precooked!!!this is the classic american Italian restaurant,is not a real Italian food.linguine alla pescatora over cooked,seafood was hard,the sauce was all most water with tomato,maby fish stock.I mean was not the test of the real linguine that you can eat in Napoli,city famous for seafood and shells!!!!Totally different!!!!you order a veal chop and coming with vegetables and pasta??????Are you KIDDING me???where I come from the main course is your ability to show the love and passion for what you do,and from all the year of study,perfection and culinary discipline.I think the main course must come only with a side order,or only the main couse without side order.The restaurant Romeo cucina,was to old fashion,come on we are in 2013!!!!!should make a rennovation,and also non mexican cooks,but italians.Very bad restaurant!!!

• Visited September 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
California
“Great Italian food and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

We have been coming here for years and brought a large group of friends some of them from Belgium before the Pageant of the Masters.

When we arrived our table was ready and the service from the start was great. The chef even came out and went over the menu with ours friends from Belgium.

The olive tapenade they serve with the bread is yummy and they also have olive oil and balsamic on the tables for the bread.

A person in our group brough a bottle of wine and there was no problem to have it opened. I always appreciate when restaurants allow you to bring wine. I am sure there was a corkage fee but I did not see the cost. We also ordered a bottle of their wine list from Daou winery in Paso Robles and it was very good and went well with dinner.

The Cesar salad was fine but I love anchovy and I didn't taste or see anchovy.

For dinner I orderd the Risotto di Campagna and it was very fresh and tasty with the mushrooms, sun dried tomatoes, pine nuts and asparagus. My husband and another friend ordered the Tortelloni di Carne it tasted amazing and the basil pesto sauce was very good. The Rigatoni Giulietta was also tasty. Our Belgian friends had a variety of pasta dishes and even a wood fired pizza, they were all raving about how wonderful the food was.

As usual the food was great and so was the service.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Durham, United Kingdom
“Great atmosphere and service, good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

We were warmly welcomed into Romeo’s and the service was spot on throughout the evening. We shared a beef carpaccio as a starter and it was fairly good. My husband had fillet steak for his main and was impressed. I had a scallop and prawn special and it was OK although the seafood had been on the char grill slightly too long. I’m also not sure that the tomato pasta served with it was a suitable accompaniment. However, portions were generous and the prices were very reasonable. It was an enjoyable evening and I commend the staff for the warmly attentive service provided. I would probably eat elsewhere if I returned to Laguna beach, but would recommend Romeo’s as a reasonably-priced option. However, I would give it a good rather than very good rating.

• Visited August 2013