“Great little get away spot!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #9 of 22 hotels in Laguna Beach
San Francisco, California
“Great little get away spot!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

This is a perfect place to stay for a little getaway:) I was here on a girlfriends weekend and it was great! The rooms were comfy, the service was good ( they even got us extra keys when we were locked out at 1am) it's right across from the beach and walking distance to downtown. It's super affordable too. No it's not ocean front on the beach. No it's not the most romantic place in Laguna. But, if you don't plan on spending all day in your room gazing out at your ocean view... It really is perfect!

• Stayed October 2012
keeptrack, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Laguna Beach, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback. My staff and I value all the feedback we receive and want to thank you for your kind words. We hare happy to hear that you had a great time while staying at our hotel and hope that you can come back and visit us again. May you have a wonderful day.
Kind Regards,
Management

322 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
SURPRISE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

My wife and I have spent many vacations around the world at Holiday Inns but none like the Holiday Inn in Laguna Beach. Within easy walking distance of town, This Holiday Inn had real charm and reminds me of a bygone era. Highly recommend this Hotel.

Room Tip: Request a room on the "main" level. Easy access to parking lot, lobby and pool.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
My staff and I would like to thank you for your kind words. It's encouraging to hear that everyone's hard work is paying off and making our guests happy with the hotel. We do hope you can come back and visit us again soon.
Thank You have a wonderful day.
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

If you do not mind an older, clean, dark room while in Laguna Beach, then maybe this Holiday Inn will fit your needs. But just know exactly what you are getting. The room is dark due to the drapes needing to be closed if you want privacy. Each room has a pool view which other guests walk by daily.

There is a window ac unit which is loud and the room has a feeling of stuffiness and being dated.

The location of the hotel is good, but the rooms have neither an ocean view nor any feel of being in a beach area. As a matter of fact, there is no enticement for staying in your room beyond basic sleeping needs.

Again, it depends on your sense of value for the dollar. My friend and I would definitely spend a little more for an ocean view hotel in Laguna Beach with more of a vacation feel.

With the above in mind, decide if a room at this Laguna Beach Holiday Inn is worth the going rate.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Laguna Beach, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear Cindy S,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I can assure you that your comfort and satisfaction are of utmost importance to us and for that please accept my sincere apologies if your stay was negatively affected by the service you received from our hotel. I appreciate you bringing this matter into our attention as this is our best resource for improving guest satisfaction. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Suffern, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

We always stay at Holiday Inns when we travel as a family as the value, locations and accomodations are always good. But every once in awhile you get an added bonus. Not only was the location perfect, the hotel itself was beautiful. It had a lovely courtyard with beautiful flowers and a pool. It was really quite striking. In addition the on site restaurant was excellent and would recomend both!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
My staff and I are very happy to hear that you had a wonderful time here at our hotel. Your feedback just encourages my staff and I to continue providing great customer service to each of our guests. We hope that you are having a wonderful day and that you can come visit us again soon,
Thank you.
Scottsdale, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here. The hotel has a great location. The room was very clean and quiet. The front desk staff is outstanding. They were always friendly, accommodating, and asking if they could do anything for us. One evening I was having a problem accessing my email to print some ticket and the woman at the desk was extremely helpful. We will certainly stay here again when in Laguna Beach.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying with us while visiting Laguna Beach. My staff and I always strive to provide the best service we can to our guests and are happy to hear that you had a great experience. We hope to see you again soon.
AKL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Boutique Holiday Inn hotel in Laguna Beach. Five minutes from the beach and right on the Main Street thru Laguna Beach. Ralph's is across the road for any supplies. Take a room on level 1, e.g. 53. Accommodating staff at the front desk. Good clean hotel and quiet location. Will stay again.

Room Tip: Take a room on level 1
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
My staff and I would like to thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is always encouraging to our staff to know that we delivered great services to our guests. We do hope you visit us again soon and have a wonderful day.
Thank you.
Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Stay away from this hotel. We have happily booked many reservations through a leading online service I will call "ABC" I don't want to mention here (not their fault!) but this was first time we felt outright penalized for our reservation.

We were offered a tiny, dark room at end of nearly windowless tunnel despite fact other better rooms were obviously available. Room was so small it was impossible to even fold down roll away bed despite this being a reservation that accommodates five guests.

When we complained they said "You booked ABC.com" then suggested we place mattress on the stained carpeted floor not an option for our asthmatic son. Front desk staff was rude. This is an overpriced, seriously outdated property in a great location. Holiday Inn should drop this property from its portfolio as it hurts their brand and reputation. I certainly never expect a 5 star experience from a Holiday Inn, but my uncle a frequent business travel always picked Holiday Inns to "avoid the negative surprises." Well this time we certainly had one!

If you have any mobility issues or don't like hoisting bags up and down a lot of narrow, dark stairs this is something to also consider. Bad experience in what is otherwise a fantastic beach side town!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Laguna Beach, responded to this review, September 1, 2013
Dear Suitcase_Sherpa,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for.

I am very disappointed to hear about your experience. I want to assure you that our hotel is very proud of its level of service and quality of its product and as such, I apologize if we fell below your standards with regard to the room condition and if the level of service provided didn't meet your expectations.

It is only through valuable feedback we receive from our valued customers that we would be in a position to know where we go wrong and rectify the circumstances or incidents, in order to ensure that we do not repeat the same in the future. I assure you that we take every comment seriously and your review will be used to reconsider improvements needed and I hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Laguna Beach? Share your experiences!