This Holiday Inn is an older property, but it is well-kept. The rooms surround an inner courtyard with a pool and attractive garden. The rooms are a bit dated but are clean and comfortable. I've stayed at this hotel a few times recently, mid-week and off-season, and it's been very quiet. The front desk staff are very helpful and friendly. They even offered to print off a map on Map Quest for me, instead of merely providing verbal directions.
The really cool ammenities that this hotel offers are complimentary bottles of water, cans of soda, and fresh-popped popcorn in the lobby. What a nice touch! The Italian restaurant attached to this Holiday Inn, Mare Culinary Lounge, serves amazing food. It's not your 'typical' hotel restaurant and it is definitely worth a visit even if you're not staying at the Holiday Inn.
Across the street is a wonderful breakfast spot called The Orange Inn. They have fantastic homemade muffins. They also serve fresh juices and smoothies, as well as coffee. Sometime I'd like to check out their lunch offerings. The steps leading down to the beach are just beyond The Orange Inn.
Laguna Beach is a great place to visit. I would probably steer clear during the crazy summer season, but during this time of year it's easy to get around town, park, and enjoy the 70+ restaurants that the town has to offer.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Laguna Beach Hotel
- Holiday Inn Laguna Beach Hotel Laguna Beach
- Laguna Beach Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Laguna Beach hotel is a beach resort located in the heart of Laguna Beach. It is nearby Laguna Hills, Newport Beach, Dana Point, Laguna Niguel, Huntington Beach, San Clemente, San Juan Capistrano and South Coast Plaza and minutes away from the pageant of the masters art festival. A French country decor hotel with rooms facing the heated pool which is surrounded by lush tropical landscaping. Across the street from the beach and within walking distance to all shops, restaurants and the famous art festivals. We have just completed renovation on all guest rooms, pool, lobby and the courtyard. The Mare Restaurant & Lounge is the hotel's restaurant. Sun drenched patios, shaded back patio in tropical settings, amazing food and nightly entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Olotels, Agoda, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Laguna Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.