“PERFECT DESTINATION FOR BUSINESS CONFERENCES” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Resort   |   1555 South Coast Highway, Laguna Beach, CA 92651   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #4 of 22 hotels in Laguna Beach
Granbury, Texas
“PERFECT DESTINATION FOR BUSINESS CONFERENCES”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Our company has held two conferences a year for the past 30 years. Our attendees are highly educated, discerning professionals who look forward to coming to the Surf & Sand each year. Many come back during the year and bring their families for a holiday. The ocean views from beautifully appointed rooms are picture perfect. You actually hear the ocean waves crashing on the beach. The sunsets are breath taking. The Surf & Sand is large enough to accommodate large groups and small enough to have friendly, helpful staff. Many of the staff members have been with the Surf & Sand for several years. They take personal pride in their service to each guest. The conference rooms are elegantly decorated while providing modern, technical setups for professional presentations and personal electronic devices. The conference meals are outstanding in presentation, freshness and taste. Atmosphere and service are definitely five star!!

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

748 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (243)
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Our family stayed at Surf and Sand this past week and had an amazing time.

This has to be one of the coolest places to stay. I believe every room faces the ocean and has views that are all beautiful. It is so close to the water that every room comes equipped with ear plugs. However, you don't need them because they must have installed sound proof sliding doors to every balcony. We spent a lot of time on our balcony just watching in awe. We saw dolphins several times...we watched one of the most beautiful sunsets...very relaxing!

The room is decorated with a designer's touch. The beds were extremely comfortable, bathrooms very elegant, and inviting balcony.

If you are travelling with children, ask them about their "smores". They bring in a very small tent to your room with children's sleeping bags. The kids loved to sleep in here for a night....and they also bring prepared smores to your room.

The girl at the front desk "Melissa" was super nice and we bumped into the Assistant Hotel Manager Joanna Bear twice during our stay. On the second trip, she remembered our names and treated us to a cup of coffee in the gift shop (where my wife proceeded to buy some of the very neat ornaments). The bellman and doormen are all very nice. Every time we drove away, they filled our cup holders with a bottle of FIJI water for the trip.

We will definitely return to this property. I HIGHLY recommend it to anyone considering a first-class destination that will provide a top notch level of personal touch. FIVE STARS in my book.

Room Tip: I think every room here faces the ocean. I wouldn't say there is a bad room in the entire hotel...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Surf_and_Sand_Resort, General Manager at Surf & Sand Resort, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor. I am thrilled to hear you had a great stay with us and I will be sharing your comments with our team.

We look forward to your next stay with us!

Joanna Bear
Assistant General Manager
Surf & Sand Resort
San Diego, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I was able to obtain an aweome promotional rate by responding to an online offer on "Black Friday and Cyber Monday". I was surprised that the offer even included New Year's Eve. Arrived early and Melissa at the front desk was gracious and extended an early checkin and Jennifer gave us an appreciated late checkout on New Year's Day. Our room was absolutely gorgeous with a breathtaking view. We were even given a small bottle of champagne in a pretty wine cooler in the early evening in our room to toast the New Year. I was told that all rooms received this -- what a treat. The onsite restaurant, Splashes, was very good with a great wait staff and hostess.
The hotel was beautifully decorated for the holidays. My husband and I love the Surf and Sand and we both agreed to come back soon. In my opinion it is very romantic and we love to hear the crashing of the waves while in our room.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
AVENTURA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I cant imagine there is a better place to experience Laguna Beach like the Surf and Sand Resort.
First of all the staff is very polite, attentive, courteous, friendly and helpful. The attention to detail blew my mind. When I wanted the car, I didnt even have to give them a ticket or anything... they knew exactly which car was mine... everyone always greeted me by my last name... and with a friendly smile! The room? well.... OCEAN FRONT.... gorgeous... I could hear the crash of the waves at night... AMAZING.... felt Iike a meditation room! LOOOOVED it. I want to go back! I recommend it 100%

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Just went to Laguna last week before the holiday. Just have to say what a great experience i had. The service was very attentive and welcoming- always asking if i needed anything first. Front Desk, Concierge, Valet and server at the bar- extra credit.
Facilities and food -fantastic.
And the hotel is in a perfect location- directly on the beach and close enough to walk downtown while wandering in/out of shops and art galleries.
I can still hear the waves crashing while i watch the orange and purple sunset from my balconey dip below the water line and watch the surfers as they try for that perfect ride.

Room Tip: all rooms are fantastic as they face the ocean...corner rooms may be a little more.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Costa Mesa, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

The Surf and Sand Resort is a full service resort that offers a comfortable room with ocean view, small spa and gym, and restaurant. If you are a returning guest, the resort will also deliver to your room a half bottle of wine with chocolates-a nice touch. The only reason I gave the resort 4 instead of 5 stars is due to price. Having stayed at hotels throughout the world, the resort is priced about $100/night too high for their standard king room. Also, with so many top quality restaurants within walking distance of the resort, the price you pay for the convenience of dining on the property detracts from the dining experience at Splashes (the resort restaurant).

But if price doesn't bother you, you can't go wrong with this property.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

Incredible view from the ocean side rooms. Very nice people. Rooms are spacious and clean, people are really pleasant and helpful. Restaurant and bar have nice views, I feel best place to stay on this end of Laguna.

Stayed December 2012

Been to Surf & Sand Resort? Share your experiences!