“The perfect beach hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Surf & Sand Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   1555 South Coast Highway, Laguna Beach, CA 92651   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #4 of 23 hotels in Laguna Beach
“The perfect beach hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

I took my husband here for a weekend. I have stayed there many times, and this was his first. I tried to explain that the rooms are right on the beach, not like many hotels, where there is a view. Our surfside room was clean and comfortable. The hotel has nice Philosophy products. The towels are pretty thin, however. The hotel is about one mile from downtown Laguna, so I think the location is ideal. You can walk the beach to get to Laguna. We went and visited the Montage, which is a large, beautiful resort, but you can't beat the views at the Surf and Sand. The pounding surf was loud to my husband, but the hotel supplies earplugs. The bar and restaurant are very good, and also have great views. There is a small fitness facility with very nice equipment. It is still my favorite hotel in Laguna Beach, but know that it is a beach hotel, and not really posh and luxurious.

702 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
Richardson, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

We absolutely loved the Surf and Sand Resort!!! The accomodations were wonderful. The room stayed clean all the time no matter how messy we were. The food was great. The beach and view are spectacular. The staff was very friendly, helpful and accomodating. I will definitely return and I highly recommend this resort.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
ssrta, General Manager at Surf & Sand Resort, responded to this review, May 26, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay at Surf & Sand Resort.

I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our product and services and look forward to your next visit out to Laguna Beach!

Joanna Bear
Assistant General Manager
Walnut Creek, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

I stayed here quite some time ago, however I have only recently become a trip advisor member...My experience at the Surf and Sand was so good that I HAD to come on their page and write a review!

Everything about this resort is incredible. The arrival experience was on point, the bellman was beyond accomodating and even offered items I would never have even thought about needing...The location is beyond perfect! The views are amazing! The pool is just enough and the endless views of the ocean around you take your breathe away every time. The jacuzzi style bath tubs are exactly what you need after a relaxing day at the beach...

My boyfriend and I travel quite a bit, and still to this day, we rave about our experience at the Surf and Sand.

Amazing Hotel!

Room Tip: You can't go wrong!
Central Point, OR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

This delightfully crisp hotel is perched so close to the pounding surf that you wonder if the spray will get the TV wet. Concierge Ally was superb at pointing out some great restaurants. Chairs, towels and umbrella's are brought to you whenever you choose. Dolphins swim along the surf line. Seriously, was it a dream? Nope, Surf and Sand resort.

Miami, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

My friends and I love it here! I can honestly say it was the best brunch we've had in a long time! We are from Miami and were there on a work/vacation trip. We loved eating here every chance we got. The people that work here were great; they were always friendly and very helpful, especially our server Keith! He's a local and suggested sites for us to see in addition to giving us amazing service. What a treat it is when you have great food in addition to amazing service by a local who goes out his way and suggest "local" spots to visit, thank you Mr. Keith!! We highly recommend Splashes to anyone who want to enjoy some wine or cocktails and just hangout and relax and get great food and especially service. Can't wait to come back for more!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Prescott, Az
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

There is only one place in Laguna Beach with views like this.
Brunch is good, not wonderful but again the views are awe inspiring.
Staff is very professional ang work hard to please.

Room Tip: Ocear view a must
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012 via mobile

I feel this review is necessary for future guests. Unfortunately, my review would have been complete perfection had it not been for "the incident" as the
Hotel manager referred to our cockroach infestation . I awoke on our second evening to find FOUR ENORMOUS cockroaches in the bathroom. I called the front desk and the told me that an exterminator would be at the hotel in the morning. TRUST me... Those roaches have been living there for years and only tenting the entire resort can fix the problem. They offered to "meet me half way" on our second day stay. How nice to only pay $360 that night with rodents.
We did not stay a third! My husband caught one of the 6 inch roaches in the water glass and left it for the manager to see. I hope they will fix this "incident"

• Stayed May 2012
ssrta, General Manager at Surf & Sand Resort, responded to this review, May 19, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

I am very disappointed to hear about your experience during your stay here at Surf & Sand Resort.

As we take great pride in having a prestine property with regularly scheduled maintenance, I can assure you this is an isolated occurrence, which is unacceptable.

We would love another opportunity for you to be our guest and will be sending a gift certificate to you.

Joanna Bear
Assistant General Manager
Surf & Sand Resort

Been to Surf & Sand Resort? Share your experiences!