“Fantastic Location!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Arizona
“Fantastic Location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We came to this hotel based on location & a great room rate. It was my birthday weekend, so we were looking for something close to the beach & city. I was very happy with everything the hotel offered, as well as the grounds and employees. Everything was clean & well kept. The roof top lounge area was a fantastic spot for photos and looking out at the beach & city. I highly recommend this hotel if you're visiting the Laguna area. You will not be disappointed! We will DEFINITLEY be back!

P. S. - While out in Laguna, we checked the location for the other more expensive hotels & knew we made the right choice when we realized that the Inn at Laguna Beach had the BEST location!

Stayed June 2014
Peggy T, General Manager at The Inn At Laguna Beach, responded to this review, August 2, 2014
Dear CKBOW

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your recent visit to The Inn at Laguna Beach. You touched on a couple of our greatest assets our people and our location. We are honored you celebrated your Birthday with us as we know you have many choices and we appreciate you choose us.

We certainly look forward to your next visit we hope to see you before your next birthday otherwise we look forward to celebrating with you next year.

Peggy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
Glendale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

This is the 3rd consecutive summer our family has spent at the Inn and it was so nice to see the familiar faces of the terrific staff...several remembered us by name from previous visits. The property is meticulously maintained and the location overlooking the ocean, beach and community is ideal. Each year we discover new shops and restaurants (locally owned) within walking distance of the hotel. The Heiser Park walkway along the ocean provides spectacular views. We paddle boarded and snorkeled this year at the intimate beaches just minutes from the Inn. But what keeps us coming back is the service...we're treated like family. From Annette, Jon and Will at the front desk to the asst GM Demi, to Drew the bellman...we always feel so welcomed. The only thing we missed were the Adirondack chairs just outside the lobby for ocean views. We have thought about going to a different location each summer, but always come back to the Inn. Thank you all for such a wonderful stay and memorable family vacation!

Room Tip: Spend a little extra for the ocean view rooms.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Steve M

Thank you for your comment and your continued patronage at The Inn at Laguna Beach. We really appreciate that you and your family continue to return and we hope to see you and your family next Summer. I am happy to see you were able to enjoy Paddle Boarding and Snorkeling, 7 1/2 miles of Laguna Beach Coastline are a Marine Protected Area which makes us a great place for an underwater playground.

Thank you again for staying with us, please look me up on your next visit as I would love to give you a warm welcome back.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

This fabulous hotel is right above the beach with a beautiful view along the coast. Parking under the hotel is free, and very convenient via elevator to check in and rooms. Our room overlooked carpark but was quiet, well maintained and comfortable. Staff were pleasant and helpful. We didn't try the pool but it's delightful. We ate out, but liked how the hotel provided food and drinks with a view. This place is within walking distance to great restaurants and local attractions. Highly recommended - even for a cheaper road-side room!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear Frequent Frier

Thank you for your comments after your recent visit to The Inn at Laguna Beach. I agree with you about our location we do believe we are perfectly situated. You truly can leave your car parked once you arrive

Thank you again, we hope to see you in the future
Lake Oswego, Or
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

I'm a frequent visitor to Laguna and have stayed both high and low. (Montage to 24 west ). Nothing beats the montage for luxury. This trip I was looking for location, and overall value. July rates are high anywhere in Laguna- but $329 for this room was ridiculous. It's a $149 at best.
Upon arrival the stench of sewer in the parking lot was overwhelming. It was stronger in the lobby. When I asked about he smell, the gal at front desk brushed it off and said " oh ya, it's bad. It's coming in from the ocean". However, I had spent the day at the ocean and all over town and never smelled anything. The stench was clearly coming from the hotel. The hallways and. Common area sub oth inside and out reek of sewer. Once inside my room with they. Odor closed and AC on I could not smell the odor.
The room was comfortable. Bed firm and sheets stiff. Clean and quiet. This is an older property and could use updating. Common areas are tired and room decor is dated. Great location in front of main beach and walking distance to the village. Trolly stop (summer only) is one block away.
Not sure I would return.

Room Tip: Third floor with balcony for beach view
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Peggy T, General Manager at The Inn At Laguna Beach, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear L O Girl

Thank you for your comments after your recent visit to The Inn at Laguna Beach, we appreciate all comments both positive and negative as they will help us improve our products and service. A couple of years ago all of our guest rooms were completely renovated, I am sorry that you do not like what we have done, we are constantly upgrading and changing things. For example, this year we will be getting new hallway carpet and painting the outside of the building.

Laguna Beach is a Marine Protected area which makes our waters an underwater playground; however, it does limit the City from what they can do to remove the kelp. The smell you are talking about comes from the rotten kelp at the bottom of the cliff, it is the stretch of sand between our award winning Tide pools and Main Beach. I work with the City on a continuous basis so to clear the area whenever they are allowed. I can certainly understand why you would think the smell is coming from the hotel but it truly is not, and I am sorry for your experience.

I do hope you will give us another chance, please look me up the next time you come to Laguna as I would love to assist you with making a reservation and giving you a warm welcome back.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

Beware of having Wedding Blocks at this hotel. I currently have one and have horrible experiences with my guests making reservations. 8-9 times, my guests reported that the hotel said they didn't have my wedding block. First incident started in March (I even spoke to the Director of Sales then). Each time my guests tells me, I would then call the hotel myself to book the hotel for them. Even when I called, some said they couldn't find the block. Just this week, my officiant called to confirm her room. They can't find her room nor mine! I called the hotel, spoke to someone who was not able to pull up the confirmation, was transferred to the Reservation Supervisor, who found it (thinking to myself - Great.). Two days later, a guest called the hotel and the hotel told her there was no block under this name. Now I am furious - This is the 8-9th time! Again, I called and expressed how embarrassing this is for me! This is a high end hotel but they can't get their information right?????!!!!! I called the reservation's line and asked to speak to a manager. The Reservation Manager was professional in handling a very upset customer. She followed up and ensure that my message was forwarded to the Director of Sales (who I booked the wedding block through). Today, I spoke to the Director of Sales (VERY DISAPPOINTING). As I mentioned the repeated issue of not finding my room block, all he was able to say was, I am sorry and I assure you that you and your guests will have a wonderful experience here at the hotel. We will roll out the red carpet for you when you arrive. Apologizing was not enough for me. Shouldn't all guests have the red carpet treatment since they are a high end hotel. I asked for some type of compensation. The Director of Sales then told me that I was already compensated since they provided more rooms at the discounted price than what my contract said. UH, HELLO???? Anything above and beyond my contract is the preprogative of the hotel. I didn't ask for them to do so. I then said, "I didn't ask for that". He responded "ask for what?" Urgh!!! During this entire phone conversation with the Director of Sales, his tone of voice became like mine (I didn't yell or anything, but was very upset). At the end, I pretty much said - you are a hotel. your reservation line is the face of the hotel. I should have not have this type of experience. Through the unprofessional tone of voice, he offered me a comp night on our anniversary...

To end this, I am sure that this hotel is great and that's why I booked there to stay for my wedding, but just beware to not speak to the Director of Sales when you are upset or he will share your tone of voice with you too.

I give 2 "stars" because of the very professional Reservation Manager. I even called her and left her a thank you message.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Jessica W

We are sorry about your experience with reservations, as you know, after speaking with our Reservations Manager, our Director of Sales and myself we did switch computer systems, but we know you and your party will be very well taken care of once everyone arrives.

I am sorry for your first impression but I know it will not be your last impression, we truly are looking forward to your arrival.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

A really lovely Inn, at the perfect spot in Laguna beach. Parking conveniently available in the garage under the hotel. If staying in Laguna, most everything is withing walking distance. No need to drive. If possible, go in July or August and spend an evening at the outdoor theatre on Laguna Canyon Road seeing the Pageant of the Masters. It is a spectacular theatre production of living art. Using a different theme each year, masters paintings are reproduced using live people. What a show!!! We have travelled on four different occasions from New York specifically to see this UNBELIEVABLE production. Each time we stayed at the Inn at Laguna Beach, although only for 2 evenings considering their rates. We have stayed at all their room levels including the small rooms overlooking the main street - I thought they were very cosy and the least expensive. Recommend early reservations as the summer months are sold out early. DON'T MISS LAGUNA BEACH AND ALL IT'S OFFERINGS DURING JULY AND AUGUST!

Room Tip: Rooms at pool level can be noisy. Small, but considerably less expensive, are the rooms located on...
Green Features: I am sure that by virtue of cost-saving, this hotel does the same as most others which is to ask you to use same sheets and towels as long as possible. They call this 'going green'. I am not opposed to maintaining the same sheets, but we enjoy changing towels daily.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Meisei2013

Thank you for your comments after your recent visit to The Inn at Laguna Beach. We agree with you that based on our location there is no need to get into a car, you can walk every where or take the Trolley. Whether it is the Pageant of the Masters or any of our other fine festivals there is much to do in the Summer.

Thank you so much for staying with us we truly appreciate your business, the next time you are in Laguna Beach please look me up so I can give you a warm welcome back.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

The Inn at Laguna Beach is just wonderful. I had the pleasure of staying at the Inn on July 3rd, and the experience exceeded my expectations. It's a boutique hotel perfectly located on the beach and within walking distance to shops and restaurants. So park your car in the basement and leave it there -- you won't need it. The staff is so friendly and accommodating, and the room I had was on the 4th floor with a balcony and an incredible view of the ocean. Really, I couldn't ask for anything more. If you are planning a stay in the Orange County area, look no further than this wonderful hotel!

Room Tip: Choose a high room with a balcony facing the ocean. Ask if room 424 or 306 is available. More expe...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Peggy T, General Manager at The Inn At Laguna Beach, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Dear Sara HKNYC

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent visit to The Inn at Laguna Beach. You touched on one of our best attributes our location, with a 98 walk score we have one of the best locations in Laguna Beach. We are steps from the Ocean and a couple of blocks to the Village of Laguna, we are also within walking distance to many of the summer festivals.

We hope you return soon and you plan to stay longer than overnight. The next time you are visiting Laguna please look me up so I can give you a warm Laguna Beach welcome back.