“Wedding event at Inn at Lagun” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   211 North Coast Highway, Laguna Beach, CA 92651   |
Ranked #3 of 22 hotels in Laguna Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Boston, Massachusetts
“Wedding event at Inn at Lagun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

This is the first time I have ever written an online review, but I had various meetings with the event coordinator Gary, and I was so impressed with him (his creative ideas, knowledge, flexibility, and professionalism) and his helpful staff who really went ABOVE AND BEYOND, that I was couldn't resist making a few comments online.

I live on the East Coast and I hosted my wedding rehearsal dinner at the Inn at Laguna. We had many of our guests staying at the hotel and our event went off without a hitch because the venue and staff were absolutely incredible. Gary was quick to respond, easy to get a hold off, and helped my family and friends (who can be quite demanding) figure out every detail. For example, when my fiance shipped his tux to the hotel, Gary made sure to track it down and put it in his office and contacted us right away; when we wanted to buy a few items for the event that were out of our budget, Gary did a bunch of research online (definitely not in his job description) to provide us with cheaper alternatives.

All-in-all the hotel was BEAUTIFUL, right on the ocean with a gorgeous view, and we were treated fantastic. I even overheard a few of my east coast relatives saying they also wanted to plan their next big event at the Inn at Laguna :)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Peggy T, General Manager at Inn At Laguna Beach, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Dear Glenda B

Thank you for your comments and I am so happy that we have the honor of being your first on-line review. We are very lucky to have Gary on our staff and I could not agree with your comments more. Gary really wants to make sure that everyone who attends an event departs with a positive memory. He enjoys seeing people happy and he works with the rest of the staff to deliver.

We hope that not only will your East Coast relatives return but we hope you will as well. When you do please let us know so we can give you a warm welcome back.

301 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Valencia, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Every time I drive past this Inn I say "I'd love to own that place!" The Inn at Laguna Beach has to have the absolute best location in all of Laguna! Right on the sand and close enough to walk to all the great restaurants and shops! It's even within walking distance to the Pageant of the Masters!

I planned a 2 night getaway with my daughter right before her return to college. Originally I'd planned to book a room in Newport, then I saw the Inn on Jetsetter and immediately booked here instead. We stayed on a Sunday and Monday and I had booked a village view room. At check-in I was pleasantly surprised when the front desk moved us to an ocean view! Our room was very clean, recently renovated and had a lovely balcony with an amazing ocean view! Listening to the waves crashing while falling asleep was a luxury! Great location to watch people on the beach too! All of the employees we encountered were very pleasant and friendly.

I can certainly see how many reviewers can remark about the Inn being expensive, especially if staying in the busy season, location location location! However, I was lucky enough to get a great deal on Jetsetter. We had a great Mother-Daughter stay and I can't wait to return soon with my husband. We will definitely stay here next summer when we make our yearly visit to see the Pageant of the Masters.

Room Tip: The end rooms on the south side of the property are next to some construction that the city has been...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Lisatini 1013

Thank you for your comments regarding your mother daughter stay. I am so happy the two of you were able to spend the time together and enjoy Laguna Beach. We could not agree with you more we think we have the best location in town because as you said we are steps from Main Beach and a couple of blocks from the Village of Laguna. Thank you also for mentioning the staff, every day I feel fortunate to work with a great team. They really want to make sure that each stay is memorable.

I am very happy you will return with your husband this Summer to attend the Pageant. Please look me up on your next visit so I can give you a warm Inn at Laguna Beach welcome back. We really appreciate your business.

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

I stayed at the Inn in mid October. What a wonderful place. I had a room on the fourth floor with a small, but sufficient, balcony, overlooking the Laguna Beach. Unlike many of the other hotels, there is no noisy PCH between you and the beach, so one can spend, as I did, many a morning lazing in bed, with the doors (with plantation shutters) open, watching and listening to the surf. An wine reception each night only betters the overall experience. Great service, friendly and helpful staff. Parking, however, is $29 a night, but this is CA.

Room Tip: I recommend the 400s.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Peggy T, General Manager at Inn At Laguna Beach, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear Skinnspirit

Thank you so much for your comments regarding your visit to the Inn at Laguna Beach. We certainly appreciate all comments as it helps us improve our product and service. Thank you for pointing out the friendliness of our staff they certainly try to make sure all guest leave with positive memories. I am so happy you were able to enjoy in our wine hour as well as take advantage of the lazy mornings listening to the surf.

Based on our location we like to say that guest do not need a car, as once they park it they do not have to move it. We are 70 steps to the beach and within two blocks of the Village which has many great restaurants and galleries.

Thank you so much for your comments, we hope you return soon, please look me up so I can give you a warm welcome back.

Staines UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

When we arrived at the inn we were pleasently surprised at the location and cleanliness of the hotel (very californian in style).
As we had arrived quite late in the evening the staff were very helfull.
We had been put in room 417 wich overlooked the main road outside the hotel (village view)
We request to be moved to a sea view but were told that they were full at the time , however a very nice young lady offered to move us to a pool/ sea view a couple of days later wich was very nice of them as we were celebrating our ten years of marrige.
Overall the hotel was very clean the rooms were very well laid out inc bath robes coffee making facilitys and daily papers, there was also coffee in the hotel reception every morning and
wine tasting on the balcony between 5 and 6 pm every evening.
On the down side the hotel should offer if only a continental breakfast , a small bar upstairs would be a benefit to guests.
We were unaware at time of booking that there would be a parking charge of $29.00 a night wich does mount up if staying for 4days or more , coming from europe we found this to be very iritating as it added an extra £100 pounds to our bill especially as most hotels back home give free parking when staying.
As there is no alternative parking in the area there are no other choices to park
Overall the town of Laguna beach is very clean and trendy and.not to far away from LA and Santa Monica , the local people are very friendly and helpfull we would definently return and recomend the hotel and area of Laguna Beach.

Room Tip: Ask for pool or sea view , village view is a road view and can be noisey
Green Features: Trash bins were divided to encorage guest to recycle
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear 142niceman

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the Inn at Laguna Beach and your visit to our town. I would like to congratulate you on 10 years of marriage, happy belated anniversary.
I am very happy to see that the staff was able to accommodate your needs as it is our hope that everyone departs with positive memories. You pointed out some of the features we have at the hotel, although we do not have a restaurant we have partnered with Las Brisas next door and they are able to offer Room Service, which is available for our guest for breakfast. We renovated our rooms last year and added some of the touches like wine hour, upgraded robes, and coffee so I am glad you were able to enjoy.

Residents of Laguna Beach could not agree with you more regarding our location, we certainly think we are centrally located and we enjoy the Laguna Beach lifestyle so I am happy you were able to experience it.

Please do not stay away for 10 years we would like you to return sooner.

Redhill, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Stayed at the Inn for a week on our honeymoon after 3 days in West Hollywood. Very disappointed with the room which was a standard room and overlooked the car park. We did know that we wouldn't have a sea view but because of the walkway past our door and window we couldn't open the window and we had to keep the blinds closed all the time. The room itself was lovely albeit a little small. Staff OK not overly welcoming. Great to have complimentary wine in the evening on the roof though.

Would recommend for a one or two night stay but I think there are better places to stay for the money spent.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Peggy T, General Manager at Inn At Laguna Beach, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear Sunseeker290657

Congratulations on your wedding and happy belated honeymoon!!! Like many of the ocean front hotels in Laguna Beach we are between Pacific Coast Highway and the Pacific Ocean. I am sorry that you were not happy with your room as we try to do everything we can to make sure guest are comfortable. I am happy that you enjoyed our wine hour on the Terrace and the location of the hotel.

I do hope you return to Laguna Beach and in particular to the Inn at Laguna Beach. If I can help you with a reservation in the future please let me know.

Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

If you can't afford or can't get an Ocean Front Room you could do better at another hotel. The non ocean front over look the parking lot and you can't open the windows due to highway noise.
If you can get an Ocean front, this hotel is the best room and location in Laguna. Great pool, free wine party. Staff is friendly and work to make you feel at home.
I will come back when I can get on the ocean.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Bruce W

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent visit to the Inn at Laguna Beach. Like most ocean front hotels in Laguna Beach we are situated between Pacific Coast Highway and the Pacific Ocean so unfortunately not all of our rooms are Ocean Front. I am happy to see that you will return and stay in an Ocean view room. You touched on a couple of our greatest attributes our staff and our locations. I am blessed everyday to work with such a great team, they truly care about each guest experience and want every guest to leave with a positive memory. Being steps from Main Beach and a couple of blocks from the Village of Laguna with over 40 restaurants and some great art galleries you truly cannot go wrong with our location.

I do hope to meet you on your next visit and give you a warm welcome back.

Chester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

We stayed here with our 10mth old boy to end our Californian adventure. Probably the nicest room of the trip, very spacious (even with a cot/crib) in it stunning view out to see and a very comfortable and airy room. Bathroom was modern, clean and in excellent condition. Agree with what others said; great location, expensive car park but this is made up for by complementary drinks for an hour in the evening. Only stayed for one night to break up the trip to LAX from San Diego so could not really comment on other feature of the hotel, did not use the pool etc. Free Wi-Fi was good but I would like to have seen free bottled water but this does not see to be widely done in Californian hotels. I would recommend this place and definitely stay again

Room Tip: Booking through the website, treat yourselves to an upgrade, if there is one available on arrival yo...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Markyb18

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent visit to the Inn at Laguna Beach. We hope next time you are able to sty a little longer so you can truly experience our town. Thank you for pointing out our location we believe it is one of our best attributes besides our staff. We like to stay that once you park your car you do not have to move it as we are steps form Main Beach and a couple of blocks from the Village of Laguna.

Thank you again for your comments please return to Laguna Beach and please look me up so I can give you a warm Laguna Beach welcome back.

Peggy

Been to Inn At Laguna Beach? Share your experiences!