“A Great Place” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Chicago, Illinois
“A Great Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

It was my second stay at the Inn. John Lee is wonderful...very helpful and professional. The Inn is located perfectly for walking to restaurants. Stayed in a Pacific Room facing the ocean. Open the sliding glass doors at night and the sound of the ocean was so relaxing. Beautiful view of the beach and ocean. $29 a day parking fee is a little much but there is ample parking in 3 separate areas and is it easy getting in and out of the garage. rooms are comfortable and clean. The staff does everything to make your stay enjoyable. Will be traveling to Laguna beach frequently in the future and plan to stay here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Peggy T, General Manager at Inn At Laguna Beach, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Dear Cali2013_13

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the Inn at Laguna Beach. I could not agree with you more John Lee is wonderful, I am lucky to work with him on a daily basis. You also mentioned our location which is another great attribute as we are within walking distance to the Village of Laguna and over 40 restaurants but also we are steps away from the beach.

Please look me up the next time you are visiting the Inn at Laguna Beach as I would love to give you a warm Laguna Beach welcome back.

322 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
Upland, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

This place is awesome, right in the middle of town. They have a pool and a jacuzzi on property. Your room price not only includes a very luxurious, comfy room but also a room service complimentary breakfast. I would say their prices are a little high, but you are right on the beach and the rooms are kept very clean. Bedding is to die for comfortable. Pool level rooms can be a bit noisy. RECOMMENDATION to the Inn: Put a layout of the room numbers on a map so customers can see the location of their room on upper or lower levels. This would be of great assistance to us when making a reservation to get the room that we want.

Room Tip: Pool level rooms are a bit noisy.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Nancy T

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the Inn at Laguna Beach, I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay. We think we have one of the best locations in town so close to all of the restaurants and shops and just steps from Main Beach.

We do our best to accommodate all guest requests for various reasons we are unable to guarantee actual room numbers. We want every guest to leave happy which is why we pay close attention to guest request.

We hope the next time you want to spend time at the Beach you return to Laguna. We hope to see you soon
Sao Paulo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

The location of the hotel is excellent, close to everything.
We stayed in one of the pacific rooms, located in front of the beach and also had a terrace, just facing to the sea.
You an imagine enjoying the sightseeing, during the day or even at night.
The reflection of the moon on the sea was simply unforgettable...
You can walk to the main attractions of the city, easily,
the view is fantastic, be sure to stay just in front of the beach.
The negative point is, since we were 3 persons in the room (I share the room with my parents), the 3rd bed, that is sofa-bed, has a terrible mattress, not compatible with the price the hotel charged us (500 hundred dollars). It was a very negative point, for the hotel.
They should know that one of the first things a hotel should care is the comfort of their guests.
All other stuffs are fine, and the staffs were very friendly...

Room Tip: all the rooms that are located in front of the sea are great. since we stayed during week days, the...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Tigerlin

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the Inn at Laguna Beach. You certainly touched on the positive aspect regarding our location as we are steps from Main Beach and only a few blocks from the Village of Laguna.

In 2012 we completed a multi-million dollar renovation as we do care about the comfort of our guest. I am sorry that the pull out sofa bed was not to your liking all of the furniture and mattresses were replaced in the renovation as we tried to ensure guest comfort. I am truly sorry that you felt like guest comfort was not a priority.

We can only improve our product and services with guest input so I certainly appreciate your comments.

san diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

this was my second stay at IALB, the first was a 'girls getaway' for a dear friends birthday and as soon as I got there I knew I wanted to come back and share this with my husband on our anniversary. if you can swing an ocean front room, do so. the views and sound of the water are breathtaking. the IALB went out of their way to make sure we had a great stay, including sending a lovely bottle of prosecco to our room. the staff is fantastic... extra shout out to john!! and I am always impressed that peggy takes the time to follow up with their guests. the have a nice restaurant adjacent to their location, but honestly, they are so centrally located that it is hard to NOT find somewhere great to eat. try 230 forest... you will love it.

Room Tip: ocean side, 4th or 5th floor if you can.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Veebeewhy

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the Inn at Laguna Beach and thank you for bringing your husband to our hotel. We are honored you choose to celebrate a special occasion with us. I love the extra shout out to John I am very fortunate to work with such a great guy, he truly cares about each guest experience.

230 Forest is a great restaurant the next time you are in town you will have to try there sister restaurant, which is still within walking distance of the hotel, Watermarc. There Carb and Corn Chowder served with popcorn is delightful.

Please look me up the next time you are visiting Laguna Beach as I would love to give you a warm Laguna Beach welcome back.

Orange, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

We stayed there for our Anniversary in August and had a wonderful time. The staff is great especially Annette.They have wine and cookies every evening as an added bonus.You can take the shuttle up and down PCH during the Sawdust Festival.There are great restaurants all walking distance.We will definitely be back next year.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Peggy T, General Manager at Inn At Laguna Beach, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Dear Marsha A

Thank you for celebrating your Anniversary with us we truly appreciate it. I would also like to thank you for your kind comments regarding your stay at the Inn at Laguna Beach. I cannot agree with you more Annette is fantastic and I am lucky to work with her and the rest of the team. They truly care about each guest experience and they strive to make sure everyone is happy.

You are correct about our location we are within walking distance to much of the activites or the Summer Trolleys are a great option. Starting in September 2014 our trolleys will also operate on the weekends which will be a nice service for our visitors.

We look forward to welcoming you back, the next time you are visiting please look me up as I would love to give you a warm Laguna Beach Welcome Back!!

Happy belated Anniversary
PALM SPRINGS, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

This was a pleasant and great stay, The staff was great, the room nicely done and super clean. The balcony was perfect for watching the action on the beach and the ocean. Even saw a pod of whales from the room. Would definitely stay here again and recommend to anyone! The location is perfect for walking to retail, restaurants and Pageants of the Masters.

Room Tip: Ocean facing rooms are of course the best.
Green Features: They made an effort to be environmentally friendly by suggesting the use of the same linens on the bedding for a short stay.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Peggy T, General Manager at Inn At Laguna Beach, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear Meaton

Thank you so much for your kind review and for your return visit to the Inn at Laguna Beach, we appreciate both your comments and your business.

It is so nice that you point out our staff as the team does a fantastic job and they truly want to make sure each guest has a positive experience. I am lucky everyday to work with such a great group of people.

I am so happy you were able to see a Pod of Whales, the binoculars in the room are a new addition this year. Currently it is Blue Whale Season but all year long you can also see Dolphins and other marine animals.

Thank you again, I hope to meet you the next time you visit the Inn at Laguna Beach.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

A big thank you to the wonderful staff at the Inn at Laguna Beach. My stay was utterly divine. I slept very peacefully to the beautiful sound of the ocean waves and woke up to a gorgeous view from my room. Everyone was so helpful and pleasant. I highly recommend a stay at this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Peggy T, General Manager at Inn At Laguna Beach, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear Joyce R

I am so happy to see you had a great stay at the Inn at Laguna Beach. Thank you for commenting on our staff as I am really lucky to work with such a great team of people. They truly care about each guest and making sure everyone leaves with posisitve memories and a yearning to return.

We do think our location is pretty spectacular 64 steps to Main Beach and a few blocks to the Village. Being able to fall asleep to the sound of the ocean is very soothing so I am happy you were able to experience this.

Please look me up the next time you are in Laguna Beach as I would love to give you a warm welcome back,

Peggy

Been to Inn At Laguna Beach? Share your experiences!