“Wow, Wow, Wow!!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Laramie
“Wow, Wow, Wow!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

We just can't say enough about this terrific hotel with the best location in all of Laguna. The whole staff is so friendly and the rooms are very clean. The employees bend over backwards to make your stay pleasant. You are within walking distance of all of Laguna and the views are amazing. I think that the Terrace is the best kept secret in Laguna. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for the ocean view rooms
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Peggy T, General Manager at Inn At Laguna Beach, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear Susie C

Thank you for your kind review regarding your most recent visit. I was happy to read your comments regarding our staff as I am blessed everyday to come to work and be surrounded by a great team. Thank you for sharing our secret as we believe our Terrace is a fantasitc place to enjoy a glass of wine, curl up with a good book, or just a great place for converstaion.

Thank you again and please look me up on your next visit so I can give you a warm Laguna Beach welcome back!!

Peggy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

If you ever get to steal four days with your husband, come to the Inn at Laguna Beach. Magical!
You sleep with the surf rhythmically rocking away any troubles, hear the laughter of families on the beach, breathe fresh sea air. The manager thought of every comfort. Our room was pristine, spacious, beautiful, and newly decorated. The huge plantation shutters opened to the balcony where we spent a lot of time. The location is near the best restaurants and shops. We rode the free summer trolley, rented bikes, and were enchanted by the Pageant of the Masters- get your tickets as early as possible. The hotel even provided binoculars.
This is a place to truly unwind and feel pampered.

Room Tip: we loved the privacy of the south corner room, third floor
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear 6nana

Thank you for your kind review regarding your last visit. You touched on all of the positive things not only about our hotel but also about Laguna Beach. I am blessed to have a wonderful team around me to make sure that we can meet and hopefully exceed the expectations of our guest, the credit for comfort should go to the staff not me, but thank you.

As you found out Laguna Beach is a place you can sit and relax or you can go and discover either is just as enjoyable. Our location makes it easy to not get in a car as we are within walking distance to the Village and 64 steps to main beach. Many guest who attend the Pageant find it enchanting and cannot wait to return.

We hope you return to the Inn at Laguna Beach, please look me up on your next visit as I would love to give you a Warm Laguna Beach welcome back.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Easy walking-distance to shops, restaurants, etc. of Laguna Beach is top selling point to me for Inn at LB. Plus, the oceanfront setting! Stay was so-so for me as WI-FI was out (had to go to Starbucks across street) and "pool view" room. They aren't kidding! I could not open my shutters at all as room was literally 3-4' from pool side loungers! Could probably have applied suntan lotion if they had asked me! Definitely go for the ocean front room! (None were available on my trip.)

Front desk never called us back, as promised, to say our room was ready, so we spent 4 hours cruising around downtown LB before I asked them. In sum, Inn is probably very nice, just avoid the pool-side room on 3rd floor. Kudos to bellmen, however. They were top-notch.

Room Tip: Avoid 3rd floor "pool side" rooms; too closer to pool! Go for the ocean front if possible...
Green Features: Kudos to in-room trashcan recycling. Appreciate that they are green level bronze.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Peggy T, General Manager at Inn At Laguna Beach, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear Southerner12

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent visit. We learn from all comments both positive and negative and we make adjustments when possible. Unfortunately we are not able to chane the room layout, as we have limited real estate, so the pool level rooms are very close to the pool. On the positive side we will be installing a new WiFi system as of July 17, 2013. We will have access throughout the hotel as well as 24 hour support on the system, so there should not be a need to go across the street to Starbucks, unless you want a coffee.

Thank you for pointing out our location, Laguna Beach is a very walkable City and we beleive we are centrally located to not only the beach but also the Village of Laguna. Great shopping and dining establishments are right here so there is no need to get in a car. I am happy to read that our Bellman took such great care of you, I am fortunate everyday to work with the team.

I do hope you will return to Laguna Beach, on your next visit please look me up so I can give you a warm welcome back!!

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

My husband and I had a very pleasant one-night stay. The room was clean. Being able to see and hear the ocean while lying in bed was a treat! We appreciated the Internet access. The location, service, accommodations, views were all above average. We loved the happy hour on the roof from 5 to 6. The pool was nice and warm also.

As others have stated, The staff was friendly and accommodating. We wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.

Room Tip: A must to get an ocean view and one preferably on the 3rd or 4th floor
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Peggy T, General Manager at Inn At Laguna Beach, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear SpyGirl55

Thank you so much for your kind comments, we learn from our guest feedback as we do not want to rest on our laurels. We do believe we have one of the best locations in town as you can leave your car parked and walk or take the trolley anywhere you may want to go. We pride ourselves on our service so I am especially happy to see you comment about our staff.

We look forward to your return, please look me up on your next visit as I would love to give you a warm Laguna Beach welcome back.

Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

The rooms and views are breath taking. The staff couldn't have done a better job in making sure our every need was fulfilled. The terrace is amazing. Parking is easy to get in and out. Perfect shops restaurants all with in walking distance. Can't wait to come back again. Wife was almost in tears leaving.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Jimmy Lujan

We do not want to see your wife in tears so one of the remedies would be to return to the Inn at Laguna Beach!!! Thank you for your kind comments we pride ourselves on our service so I am grateful we did not let you down. I feel lucky everyday to come to work and be surrounded by a great group of individuals.

Please bring your wife back and do look me up on your next visit. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Inn.

Bury St. Edmunds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Really enjoyed the Inn at Laguna Beach, lovely hotel within walking distance of the main town.
The beach is just down the steps and the pool has a lovely view too.
The staff were really helpful too and the fresh cookies a bonus!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear tdb83

Thank you for your kind comments regarding the Inn at Laguna Beach!! We agree with you that one of our greatest attributes is our location so I am happy you pointed it out. We are just 64 steps to the beach and a few blocks from the Village. I was happy to read that our staff was accomodating as we pride ourselves on personlaized service. I am lucky every day to work with such a great group of people.

Thank you again for your kind comments
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Writing my first review here because this place deserves a shoutout - we had such a wonderful time there but also felt the need to share the importance of getting the right staff to help you out at check-in, because for us it made a HUGE positive difference on our trip.

For my birthday, my boyfriend planned a surprise getaway to Laguna beach for the 2 of us. Driving into Inn at Laguna Beach we were excited seeing that it's right on the coast facing the ocean. We met 3 of their staff at check-in - Rachel, John and 1 more guy who we can't recall his name, but ironically was the guy who helped us with check in, and set the wrong precedent for our stay. He told us that he was placing us into "his favorite room," room 101, which we were curious to see why. Turns out room 101 is on the lowest floor, underneath the lobby (as in underneath all street view), in the corner facing a wall. You would have to stick your head right up against the balcony window in order to see that tiny slice of the seaview on the side. It's the last room on the floor, probably the worst ocean view room of the entire hotel. Having paid extra to book an ocean view room, we were pretty let down (and of course very surprised why this was his "favorite room"). So we headed back to the check-in counter and asked if there was any other room available on the higher floors. Rachel was super helpful and upgraded us to a beautiful suite on the 5th floor. Room 507 has a giant balcony that overlooks the ocean, and was absolutely breathtaking - arguably the best room in the entire hotel.

We had such a great stay there thanks to the room Rachel upgraded us to. All the staff we encountered were very friendly and genuine (well, perhaps except the first guy that checked us in). We liked the room so much we actually decided to stay in for dinner to watch the sunset (with pizza!). We enjoyed soaking in the sun on the balcony and falling asleep to the sound of waves at night. Thanks Rachel (and John, who was also super helpful) for making my birthday getaway such a great one!

Room Tip: pick the higher floors, definitely made the trip
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Peggy T, General Manager at Inn At Laguna Beach, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear Rachel M

Happy Belated Birthday!!! I am very happy to read that you spent such a special day with us, and I am more excited to read how the staff treated you and your boyfriend. I am lucky that I am able to come to work each day and work with great people like Rachel, John and the rest of the staff. They truly care about every guest stay and they do there very best to make sure all of our guest are happy.

Next time instead of ordering pizza you should try our in room dining menu as we partner with Las Brisas. You can have there great food in the comfort of your room, or on the balcony. As you pointed out room 507 does have the large wrap around balcony with some of the best views in Laguna so I am happy you were able to enjoy it.

I hope you return to Laguna and the Inn at Laguna Beach and when you do please look me up as I would love to give you a warm welcome back.

Thank you for your comments we truly apprciate them

Peggy

Been to Inn At Laguna Beach? Share your experiences!