“MLK Weekend at the Inn” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
San Francisco, California
“MLK Weekend at the Inn”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

First off - awesome location! Though we rented a car for our weekend in Laguna Beach, the location of the Inn was fantastic. It's near all kinds of shopping and restaurants and it's right on the beach. We had a very nice, spacious King room with Ocean View Deck. Terrific. Yes, this is an older property, but I think the owners have done a really good job updating the rooms. The front desk staff were very welcoming and helpful. And the pool water was literally like bath water! So nice :-) The only two things I think could be improved is (a) having some kind of drinks service available while laying by the pool and (b) I think the room corridors are about ready to have new carpeting and possibly new wallcovering. It's not terrible, but they don't look as good as the rooms. All in all, though, I would definitely recommend the Inn to friends.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
San Jacinto, California, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

The only good thing about this hotel was the view. When we checked out on Sunday and got home I realized that I had left my make up mirror behind. A very big make up mirror that spins and magnifys and lights up. I called and left a message the very next day, and didn't hear back from anyone. I called again a week later and finally talked to the man in charge of house keeping. Nothing was noted in their inventory, my mirror was just gone..... this mirror was big and bulky nothing you can just stick in your purse and walk away with. I called and left a message for the general manager, when I didn't hear from her after a week, I called back and her excuse was "Oh I thought that the head of house keeping had taken care of this problem".....Really??? My mirror cost over $60, I could handle if it got thrown away on accident, and I hate to accuse anyone of stealing but come on, there was NO communication. They kept calling me by the wrong name and when I asked for an itemized ledger it took days to get emailed to me. We spent 3 nights there, I expected better service than what I got. They ended up sending me another mirror from Bed Bath and Beyond. Its just unsettling to think that something so big went missing, what about something that could just be looked over and not caught right away. When its time to make your decision choose differently, even if you have to spend a little more, it will be worth it when your stuff doesn't go missing.

Room Tip: Ask about any construction, they were building a new lifeguard station right next door which made a...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here, our room faced the beach, it was clean and fresh, recently updated and had a perfect balcony with the perfect view of the beach. We were within walking distance of art galleries, shops and many cafes, afew steps from the Laguna Art Museum, very close to everything the town has to offer. The hotel has no restaurant. No free breakfast. Prepare yourself for hotel parking, which costs an additional $30 per day and if you want their Express Breakfast which consists of coffee and cold baking for two (nothing gluten free for my celiac husband) it will set you back $15.00! Our room faced the ocean so we paid a premium price, there is a pedestrian walkway between the notel and the beach but it was far enough away that it wasn't invasive. I don't know what the noise is like for those facing the highway. We'll be saving our pennies to stay here next time we come to Laguna.

Room Tip: Ocean facing rooms are fantastic, at a premium price, be prepared to hear the crashing waves!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Peggy T, General Manager at Inn At Laguna Beach, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Dear Roadrunnergo

Thank you for you review reagrading your recent stay. Feedback is very important to the Hotel as it is a positive way to assess our guests needs, I am sorry that we were not able to accomodate your husband who has celiac on this stay. The next time you visit please let the Front Desk or Reservations know about your husbands condition and we will purchase a gluetin free muffin so you and your husband can enjoy coffee and muffins on the balcony over looking the Pacific Ocean.

Thank you again for you review please look me up the next time you stay at the Inn at Laguna Beach as I would love to welcome you back!
Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I live in another part of California, 3 blocks from the beach and hear the surf every night. My room at the Inn was almost on the beach and the sound of the waves from that close was like a lullaby! My room (412) had a terrific view of the ocean, some rocks and the coast. Price was very reasonable (it was mid-week, January). The room was comfortable and bathroom spacious. I'd definitely go back.

Room Tip: Get a room on the 4th or 5th floor facing the ocean. I imagine that the street-facing rooms are a v...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Orange County, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

A wonderfully updated hotel that has perhaps the ultimate location in Laguan Beach. While some of the other hotels in the area match some of the exceptional services, no one is right in the heart of Laguna Beach and city. Everything you need to see, every restaurant, all are just minutes away by walking. The room was very nice and the view...spectacular! The roof top bar with their free wine tasting at sunset was unbelievable. The hotel does not have a full service restaurant; however, there are literally 15 excellent choices from various price ranges within a 10 minute walk of the hotel. One is only 50 feet away. They gave us a nice surprise for our anniversary. The staff were great. We will definately stay here again. Almost didn't want to list this one because we want to save it for ourselves. You will love it.

Room Tip: Ocean view King is amazing. Starbucks coffee in the room...and if you do not want to make it, Starb...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

From entry into the lobby to service, to parking and comfort all-around, this is an amazing value. I feel my entire stay was like a fine massage for my senses. A perfect location from the 'heart' of Laguna Beach to walk or bike. I loved that the hotel parking was entirely free. I was made to feel at home, only better our entire stay.

Room Tip: We did not have the oceanview room but really never missed it. The access from the third floor was...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Peggy T, General Manager at Inn At Laguna Beach, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Dear Myraleb

Thank you for your wonderful comments. I am very happy that your senses got a massage, that is something we all need from time to time. We want all of our guest to feel like this is there home away from home and in your case we accomplished our goal.

The next time you stay at the Inn at Laguna Beach, please look me up as I would love to give you a warm Laguna Beach welcome back.

Thank you again we look forward to seeing you in the future
Peggy
Alta Loma, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

The Inn At Laguna Beach is a great way to relax and enjoy gorgeous Laguna Beach all year round. We visited in the winter. Unique shops, art galleries and restaurants, all in walking distance. Every meal was delicious. We enjoyed the little extras such as fresh brewed coffee in the morning, hot cookies at night, and the wine reception on the lovely terrace in the evening. We didn't know the pool was heated, so next time we'll bring suits.

Room Tip: The fifth floor with a beach view was wonderful!!!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Monica A

Thank you for your nice comments regarding your recent stay at the Inn at Laguna Beach. You summed up all of the great reasons people enjoy living here as well as visiting.

Please bring your swimsuit as not only is our pool heated but we also have a nice SPA for those cool evenings.

Please look me up the next time you viist the Inn at Laguna Beach as I would love to give you a warm Laguna Beach welcome.

Peggy

Been to Inn At Laguna Beach? Share your experiences!