Traveled to Laguna Beach for a week of work and our Christmas party. Got an awesome deal on Priceline. My husband joined me half way through the week so for him it was a mini winter break!
Arrival and room: they are always so nice here! Very quick. Even though I had made these reservations over a month ago and had called to request a king sized bed, it had not been reserved for me or noted. Luckily, they had a splendid room right in the center, upstairs that was perfect: 211. Nice view. Our room on previous stay for one week in June was 217. Huge room differences, 217 had a small, separate "dining room" with a table and chairs...much easier for eating separate from the main room area. 211 did not have this but it was still fine. I work from my room so the more space I have, the better.
Parking is a dream: free and plentiful.
Pool: nice for the first 3 days. A surprise on Wednesday of my week and just prior to my husband coming...they ripped up the whole area. No pool, no hot tub, NO NOTICE! I was never told this was going to happen, never saw any type of notice posted or anything. Would have been nice to know there would be no pool and that there would be construction right outside of my door for most of the 8 nights I was there.
Outside of that, sleeping was good since it was relatively quiet (except the couple fighting next door until 3 am).
Housekeeping: great! These ladies do a good job!
Love the location of this place. Albertson's next door and several restaurants.
All in all not bad but could have been made better with communications from the staff re: construction.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set against the stunning backdrop of Laguna Beach, a classic 1950s Southern California Motor Lodge is reborn as a comfortable boutique hotel.The Travelodge Laguna Beach offers outstanding value: free parking, complimentary breakfast and attractive rates.Ideally situated and perfect for families, we capture the spirit of Laguna and make it all affordable, convenient, and fun.•A short walk to Treasure Island Beach.•Summertime trolley service from our front door to Laguna's village.•Free Wifi.•Bright, cheerful, freshly refurbished Laguna Beach hotel rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Wyndham, Priceline, BookIt.com, Orbitz and TripOnline SA so you can book your Travelodge Laguna Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Travelodge Laguna Beach Hotel Laguna Beach
- Laguna Reef Hotel
- Laguna Reef Motel
- Best Western Laguna Beach