I booked this hotel at the last minute in order to salvage a promised beach trip to my 11-year old daughter. Fires up the northern coast of California messed with our planned trip so instead we headed south. The first room I was given was on the interior of the hotel. It was depressingly dark. I ordered my family not to unpack and quickly went back to the lobby to request an exterior room. I have a thing with air... I need plenty of it. Not only did I get the street and ocean view, I also received an upgrade to room #204 with a king bed and a sofa sleeper so we could have a bit more space. This is why it's always good to ask, ask and ask!!! The rooms are all newly refurbished with great contemporary decor and a jacuzzi tub in the room (mind you..not in the bathroom but in the ROOM) Odd..but fun for my kid who took a swim in it every night after a day at the beach. The bed was comfortable with a great cotton comforter and decorative runner which beats the disgusting quilted bed spread found in many motor hotels of this kind. The sofa sleeper was.....well, a sofa sleeper even though the check-in clerk claimed the new mattresses made a difference. I also enjoyed the fact that we were able to park on the same floor just outside of our room making it super convenient to store our beach items in the car each day without having to bring anything dirty and sandy into the room. The "99-steps to the beach" was exactly as advertised. Just be aware that because the best rooms face the street, the noise and lighting from the street and balcony can be a problem for sleeping. I'm glad I had my eye shades in my suitcase.
As for the overall trip, Laguna is a real gem. Laguna's S. Coast Highway, has a great mix of "beachy" shops with good upscale shopping and dining. The cute trolley-car , style shuttles made it super easy to move up and down this village as well as going a bit further out to the Sawdust Festival and the Pageant of the Masters on highway 133. Oh, and did I mention that this public transportation is FREE during the summer?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "99 Steps to the Beach..." The alluring tranquility of the infinite Pacific will envelope your senses as you relax and rejuvenate in one of our newly remodeled, fully air-conditioned rooms featuring large, oversized whirlpool spas for two, beautifully appointed new furnishings and new 32-inch flat screen LCD Televisions. Immerse yourself in the warmth of the sun while gazing towards Catalina Island and the ocean's expanse from our scenic rooftop terrace followed by a soothing swim in the sparkling outdoor pool. Let your mind drift while your dreams soar.Complimentary high-speed Internet! Complimentary deluxe continental breakfast! From a romantic getaway to a family vacation to the refined services for the business traveler, the BEST WESTERN PLUS Laguna Brisas Spa Hotel is your perfect destination. From the moment you enter the lobby, you will be greeted with friendly smiles and the superior service one would expect from such a special location. Located above the crystal waters of the blue Pacific at the corner of Bluebird Canyon and South Coast Highway, each fully air conditioned room features a refrigerator, coffee/coffeemaker, iron/board, hair dryer, complimentary local and toll free calls and newspaper. Complimentary off-street parking is available for our guests (a true rarity in Laguna Beach!). Meeting room space is also available as well as a rooftop Terrace and observation deck for social or business gatherings offering panoramic views of the coastline, Catalina Island and the breathtaking colors of the sunset beyond. For the sun worshipper, the quiet and serene courtyard area features an outdoor heated swimming pool and spa. Enjoy your moment at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Laguna Brisas Spa Hotel today! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Laguna Brisas Spa Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Laguna Brisas Hotel Laguna Beach
- Best Western Laguna Beach
- Laguna Beach Best Western