“Great Experience!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 22 Hotels in Laguna Beach
Anaheim, California
“Great Experience!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

Stayed at Best Western PLUS Laguna Beach for an overnight stay and had a lovely time! The reception staff were very friendly and polite. The room was perfect for 2 people and we really enjoyed the spa tub in the room. Overall, would stay here again!!!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Jose2244, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Laguna Brisas Spa Hotel, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. I will share your words with the staff as motivation so they can continue to ensure a pleasant stay for all our guests. Best regards and come back soon.

generalmanager@lagunabrisas.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Riverside, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

Wonderful hotel with modern amenities and upgrades. Had a balcony with a view of the ocean, comfortable bed, nice big counter in the bathroom, big TV, underground free parking, in room jacuzzi! The breakfast was spectacular with waffles, eggs, potatoes, sausages, yogurt, fruit and more. Staff was very friendly and helpful :)

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Jose2244, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Laguna Brisas Spa Hotel, responded to this review, August 15, 2014
I will share your words with the staff. They will be appreciative that their efforts have been noticed. We will continue to instill a can do attitude and work towards 100% guest satisfaction. We hope to see you again soon. Happy travels.

generalmanager@lagunabrisas
Santa Fe, New Mexico, Usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

I was pleasantly surprised that the feel here was not of your typical stale chain hotel. The staff was very nice and helpful. Having breakfast available got us out onto the beach earlier. having CNN blasting all the worlds problems into the breakfast area was not pleasant. I also would have gladly traded the jacuzzi tub for a room safe to keep valuables while on the beach. I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014
Jose2244, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Laguna Brisas Spa Hotel, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
We are delighted that we met your expectations. I will commend the staff on their efforts. No, we don't have safes in rooms but we do have some I the back office. We will continue to train our staff to ensure a pleasant stay. Best regards

Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

I stayed here for two nights for my friend's wedding in Laguna Beach. The bonus was that it was close to the Montage where all the wedding activities took place. That was pretty much the only plus side.

I came early to see if I could drop my bags at the front desk because I had to meet the bride early and didn't want my bags sitting in my car melting all day. I showed up and the man behind the desk said they didn't have a place to store luggage, and that maybe someone could watch it behind the desk…I chose not to take my chances so I lugged it all back into my car.

I finally checked in to a hot room, and quickly found the poorly schemed 'western' motif very odd. There are swinging cowboy doors to the bathroom that don't stay open they just keep swinging shut or get stuck which is very odd. I also came to find a trail of ants and two spiders. I went to the front desk and they moved me to a different room, but sounded like they just wanted to me check out and that my finding spiders was annoying. Thankfully there were a ton of wedding activities and I didn't have to stay at the hotel very long.

Free parking for one car. For the price I paid I could've stayed somewhere way nicer.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Jose2244, Owner at BEST WESTERN PLUS Laguna Brisas Spa Hotel, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
I am sorry we did not meet your expectations. I will share your words with staff. We apologize for the lack of hospitality you experienced. We are committed to changing and continue working on our shortcomings. Best regards, we appreciate your comments.
Paso Robles, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

Booked a room from a block that was set aside for a wedding. The booking experience was easy and accommodating, but the overall experience fell short of our expectations. The room was very small, had to move the desk to access the air conditioner and allow for proper air flow, and the beds were very uncomfortable.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Jose2244, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Laguna Brisas Spa Hotel, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
I agree Laguna beach could be quite expensieve especially in the summer time. We always try to keep are rights below the competition. We will continue to train our employees and work on our shortcomings. Travel safe.
Redondo Beach, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

The rooms were fine. The hotel layout very awkward. We checked in early and were very lucky the room was ready. I was told nothing about getting make up on the towels would result in a charge. My daughter checked in with her bridesmaids a little later that day. I was there at check in and they made a big point of saying DO NOT get make up on the linens are there will be a fine. Totally rubbed me the wrong way- either I was not completely informed on check in or they were just being rude to the young girls. You get one key per room, two if very lucky- that is a super big pain if you are not always together. Since it is so close to the beach the whole property is locked, so the key is a must. There is a nice free breakfast and pretty ok coffee till 10:30. Right by the summer trolly stop and beach access.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Jose2244, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Laguna Brisas Spa Hotel, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We will continue to work on our shortcomings and strive for 100% guest satisfaction. I will talk to the staff regarding how to properly phrase their words. It is not our intent to be rude just informative. Best regards.

Sunny Southern California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

Best Western Laguna Brisas is located about 1.5 miles from Main Beach. This is my 3rd stay here and although it’s been a while, the experience is much the same.

Let’s start with the pro’s. It’s close enough to Main Beach and most restaurants that you can walk to them in a sort while (although it’s not for the faint of heart). If it’s Summer time (July-August), you can always take the free shuttle that comes around about ever 20 mins.

Although not ocean front, it’s a short walk to the sandy beach across the street and down a small driveway. Easy for all, except again the faint of heart as there is a slight incline. The street you have to cross is PCH, a rather busy street but does have a marked crosswalk and a signal which make the crossing fairly safe. The beach there is clean and safe like most of Laguna.

Now the con’s. The room are good size (about 500 sq ft) with a large bathroom. Most of the rooms have elevator access except the top floor. About half the top floor you need to walk up a flight of stairs (a lot). I don’t recommend the top floor for anyone one that is physically challenged or if you have young children.
One thing that they sell as a feature I find a liability. Their Jacuzzi in room tub is oversize and is not sunken. Since it is not sunken, you have about 2 feet you have to climb over every day to take a shower. There’s a lot of grab bars (you’ll need them) but that still can be a challenge for many.

The biggest con (on all stays) are the rooms are very humid. I don’t know why they seem humid but every room we had there is very “wet”. It does have A/C which solves the problem for the most part but it is noticeable.

Parking is underground and somewhat plentiful. Wi-Fi is throughout and spotty. Both are free as of this writing.

Would I stay here again, probably but this last stay is pushing the top dollar range ($$$) and there are other options, some on the water.

Room Tip: Avoid the top floor if you don't like stairs