“Great hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 21 Hotels in Laguna Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Great hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

We were upgraded to a room with a view on the upper floor. Observed a breathtaking sunset from the rooftop terrace by our room! Appreciated the helpful staff who put together bagels and yogurt for an early breakfast since we had to leave on a whale watching boat tour before breakfast was served!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Jose2244, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Laguna Brisas Spa Hotel, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. I will commend the staff for taking initiative in regards to your breakfast. It's the least we can do. Hope you were able to watch some whales. We look forward to your next stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
san bernardino, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

the young man who checked me in was new but he was very sweet and very professional.... Awesome stay as always :) I try to stay here with my family at least once a year, and at least once a yaer just me and my husband and it is always a delight : ) we love coming the this best western! the pool deck is our favorite place, so peaceful and beautiful

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Jose2244, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Laguna Brisas Spa Hotel, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us. I appreciate your positive mention regarding our customer service. I will share it with the staff. We look forward to serving you again in your next stay. Travel safe.
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

We loved the look of this hotel and the jacuzzi in the tub until we realized they put us in an out of service room just to make money!! The heater AND THE shower were both broken and did not work and I actually cut my hand while trying to shut it off. The walls are so thin you can hear the TV in the rooms next door and the cars were so loud that I felt like I was sleeping outside on the street! The front desk attendant Bianca was very rude and actually insisted I was lying about the heater and shower being broken until I had maintenance come and replace the shower knob and give us a space heater. She refused to let me speak to a manager saying they were in meetings and she could not do anything except 30% off and even after my complaint I still had to call customer care just to get this front desk attendant to have someone fix the shower and look at the heat box. I asked if she could switch us rooms and she said they were all booked yet told me that if I had complained at 2am she would have switched me rooms. She was very argumentative, arrogant, and rude. I work in the hotel industry and I HAVE NEVER EVER seen customer service this bad in my life.They actually said they wouldn't do anything for us because I complained in the morning but even in the morning we had to take a shower and get out in the freezing cold! I had a three year old and a 5 year old and I had jackets and socks on them! To top it off the fire alarm went off for nearly 30 minutes at 8 in the morning and woke up everyone. The fact that a manager never called me back at all period is even worse. I will never stay at a Best Western again and I truly hope they replace Bianca as she is completely awful! How could someone put a family with small kids in a horrible room like that and then treat us so badly? WOW JUST WOW is all I have to say. STAY HERE AT YOUR OWN RISK, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
I am sorry you have this opinion of us. After talking to the front desk agent I am certain we took all necessary steps to ensure an enjoyable which I wish I could enumerate. I hope the 50% off the night that you were given mitigates your displeasure. Best regards.
Tiburon, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

rated 3 + stars by price line bur really a Motel 6 in a good location, Dingy, depressing, and without any love this place is to be avoided other than for a cheap rate. Shame on you Priceline for inflating the stars!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Jose2244, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Laguna Brisas Spa Hotel, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
We are proud of our three star rating and our facility reflects it. We have a great location and customer friendly staff that are committed to making your stay enjoyable.
Tucson, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

This was our second stay. Love the location right across the street from beach. A little bit of a walk to main downtown streets but great shops and restaurants on the way. The room is very large and the huge jacuzzi tub is awesome. Will stay here again many times.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Jose2244, Owner at BEST WESTERN PLUS Laguna Brisas Spa Hotel, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Thank you for visiting us again. We hope to see you many times in the future. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. I will share you words with the staff and continue to strive for 100% guest satisfaction . Best regards.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

The hotel is older and because of the rain there had been some flooding outside the rooms. The rooms have been updated and are perfectly nice. The staff was very friendly and helpful and the breakfast was good. The bed was comfortable and the room was good sized with the spa tub. The room also had a partial ocean view and a small balcony.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Jose2244, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Laguna Brisas Spa Hotel, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay at the Best Western Plus Laguna Brisas. It was quite a rain storm. I will share your survey with the staff. They will continue to strive for 100% guest satisfaction and work on our shortcomings. Safe travels and we look forward to your next visit.
Winchester, Ca, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

First time making reservation through the chain web site. After comparing prices and amenities I chose this property because they didn't have a resort fee. They offer a really filling breakfast not just pastries and juice and coffee.The rooms are clean. Oder free. Fairly well sound proofed from one another. The in room spa is neat, but the room is an odd shape.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Jose2244, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Laguna Brisas Spa Hotel, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
I'd like to thank you on behalf of the staff for staying with us. We are glad that you enjoyed our breakfast. We are constantly trying out new items to improve our breakfast to meet our guest's expectations. We will continue to instill a can do attitude in our employees so we may give superior customer care. Best regards.

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Laguna Brisas Spa Hotel? Share your experiences!