First let me say that if you are going to be traveling on Hiway 1 up the coast, you are going to be paying more for an overnight stay than if you stay at an equivalent place inland.
So where do you stay in Laguna Beach? We hadn't booked before we got there so it was a tough decision. We sort of arbitrarily chose this place, and it was a good descision since our stay was quite enjoyable.
Don't be fooled by the Hwy 1 frontage. This place is bigger than it looks. It goes way back into a labyrinth-like system of corridors. Very different design than most motels. Most of the rooms do not face traffic, so we found it quiet. We said we were light sleepers and got a very quiet room.
The pool and terrace overlooking Hwy 1 and the ocean are quite a nice surprise. Yes, the place is older but still nicely maintained. The room was fine and the room A/C about average for noise for this class of motel. We are not fussy about breakfast so found it OK. Access to the beach is not a problem. And oh, the room had a spa, which we didn't use, but it made taking a shower a little harder.
And finally - Underground free parking onsite! Wow.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "99 Steps to the Beach..." The alluring tranquility of the infinite Pacific will envelope your senses as you relax and rejuvenate in one of our newly remodeled, fully air-conditioned rooms featuring large, oversized whirlpool spas for two, beautifully appointed new furnishings and new 32-inch flat screen LCD Televisions. Immerse yourself in the warmth of the sun while gazing towards Catalina Island and the ocean's expanse from our scenic rooftop terrace followed by a soothing swim in the sparkling outdoor pool. Let your mind drift while your dreams soar.Complimentary high-speed Internet! Complimentary buffet breakfast! From a romantic getaway to a family vacation to the refined services for the business traveler, the BEST WESTERN PLUS Laguna Brisas Spa Hotel is your perfect destination. From the moment you enter the lobby, you will be greeted with friendly smiles and the superior service one would expect from such a special location. Located above the crystal waters of the blue Pacific at the corner of Bluebird Canyon and South Coast Highway, each fully air conditioned room features a refrigerator, coffee/coffeemaker, iron/board, hair dryer, complimentary local and toll free calls and newspaper. Parking fee $10 USD per night. One parking spot allowed per room. Rooftop Terrace with panoramic views of the coastline, Catalina Island and the breathtaking colors of the sunset beyond. For the sun worshipper, the quiet and serene courtyard area features an outdoor heated swimming pool and spa. Enjoy your moment at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Laguna Brisas Spa Hotel today! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Despegar.com, getaroom.com and Hotels.com so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Laguna Brisas Spa Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Laguna Brisas Hotel Laguna Beach
- Best Western Laguna Beach
- Laguna Beach Best Western