I originally booked the room using an Internet-only rate. The day before I was scheduled to arrive with my travel partner, there was a medical emergency in her family. We were unsure what to do -- keep the trip or cancel it. I obviously didn't want to lose the money I'd spent on the reservation, so I went ahead with the cancellation, hoping that if I gave the hotel enough notice so they could open the room to other reservations, they'd be more generous in refunding my money. The morning of our scheduled departure for Laguna Beach, my friend made the decision that we should keep our original trip plans. In the hurry of getting ready to go, I made another online reservation. An hour later, I got a call from the hotel asking what my intentions were, because they had seen a cancellation, but then they had seen a follow-up reservation. I explained the situation and they gave our original booking back to us and cancelled the follow-up. This saved us money. And then once we arrived at the hotel, we found out we had been given a complimentary upgrade. I was very impressed that the hotel was paying attention enough to see what I was doing in my "wishy-washy" state and they made the effort to call and clarify how they should proceed. Their willingness to go the extra mile helped save me money. And I still got to spend the weekend at the hotel I wanted to book the minute I saw it online.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "99 Steps to the Beach..." The alluring tranquility of the infinite Pacific will envelope your senses as you relax and rejuvenate in one of our newly remodeled, fully air-conditioned rooms featuring large, oversized whirlpool spas for two, beautifully appointed new furnishings and new 32-inch flat screen LCD Televisions. Immerse yourself in the warmth of the sun while gazing towards Catalina Island and the ocean's expanse from our scenic rooftop terrace followed by a soothing swim in the sparkling outdoor pool. Let your mind drift while your dreams soar.Complimentary high-speed Internet! Complimentary buffet breakfast! From a romantic getaway to a family vacation to the refined services for the business traveler, the BEST WESTERN PLUS Laguna Brisas Spa Hotel is your perfect destination. From the moment you enter the lobby, you will be greeted with friendly smiles and the superior service one would expect from such a special location. Located above the crystal waters of the blue Pacific at the corner of Bluebird Canyon and South Coast Highway, each fully air conditioned room features a refrigerator, coffee/coffeemaker, iron/board, hair dryer, complimentary local and toll free calls and newspaper. Parking fee $10 USD per night. One parking spot allowed per room. Rooftop Terrace with panoramic views of the coastline, Catalina Island and the breathtaking colors of the sunset beyond. For the sun worshipper, the quiet and serene courtyard area features an outdoor heated swimming pool and spa. Enjoy your moment at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Laguna Brisas Spa Hotel today! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Despegar.com, getaroom.com and Hotels.com so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Laguna Brisas Spa Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Laguna Brisas Hotel Laguna Beach
- Best Western Laguna Beach
- Laguna Beach Best Western